Horrible experience with ranked this season

Fix your game Blizzard, I don’t enjoy getting an endless supply of trolls, griefers and people who don’t understand the basics of the game. I mean really… Why is it I constantly get people who have NO IDEA what they’re doing?

At this point I don’t think there is anything you guys can do to save the game. I mean sure, I could go on a rant about what you guys could do to improve the game, like adding more requirements in order to play ranked, etc… but I don’t think it would make a difference.

P.s. I’m going to uninstall the game due to a horrible overall experience with heroes of the storm. I hate saying that because I have been such a big fan when it comes to the rest of your franchises, but this… this is unacceptable my friends. Fix ranked before everyone quits playing.

26 Likes

Sounds like you are blaming blizz for other players not doing well? At some point you will realize that others are calling you the feeder or leaver in the 1/200 games you lag or disconnect in. It’s luck of the draw, and in other games where you stomp enemy due to a leaver you might be thinking your Kerrigan deserves national recognition.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, I do blame blizzard… their game is fundamentally flawed.

10 Likes

In a team-based game, when we lose is because our team had the worst players in it while the winning one had better players.
When we lose it’s maybe for our mistakes or for those made by our team mates, while when we win is sometimes for exceptional plays while most of the time is for the enemy team’ mistakes.

Blaming “bad players” for a loss streak is not that wrong, but then we should also praise them for most of our victories.

I’m not saying that HotS’ MMS is perfectly fine: it’s flawled in many ways, but constantly blaming it is pretty wrong also.
Blizzard should improve it under so many different aspects indeed but we shouldn’t use it as a scapegoat for all the scenarios.

2 Likes

Problem lies in our own lack of knowledge, we cant know the mistakes we make because we dont know they are mistakes.

Goldfish in a jar knows everything about his world but doesnt know theres more to the world than his jar, he never will.

You gotta grow lungs and peek out of your jar to know theres more to the world than your jar so you can climb and become a Platinumfish.

What about reduce Heroic Talent to one ? People will understand better what is their role and how to play the hero. My match history is a nightmare now, just got feeder and trolls non stop.

Whitemane in her lane without never getting out, Garrosh just go to the tower and died, Nasibo always putting Zombie so we can t do melee dps on hero and we all wipe, and especiallly this one, impatient player that can t hide to gank because they drank too much red bull or energy drinks in their live.

Enough whine, Blizzcon will be the decision for me to stay or leave

Same dude, HL has been rough these past couple of days. went from gold 4 straight down to silver 2, but climbing back again now hopefully.
I feel that blizzcon has to have something worthwhile, for me to not consider moving on from HOTS, I do love the game but I struggle with the motivation to keep going when I feel i’m not more rewarded in rank and climb after each season. I really do think that all accounts should be put in hard reset.

ranked since it started has been trash, the simple fact that 1 person can ruin the entire game for 4 other people is beyond me, yet alone get ranked based on other peoples mistakes, you get that 1 feeder and its over, you excel - you die once you manage to get objs, camps and yet you still lose the 200+ points because one guy cant understand game mechanics or his team actions when they tell him to retreat… its absurd and I wish someday you are ranked on your actual skill than getting ranked based on how lucky you were with teammates

7 Likes

So you can’t tolerate any team sport? Because what you wrote can be applied to any game that isn’t solo, both online and in real life.
Your other opt to that is to go and play only solo game, where the only skill that matters is yours and your opponent’s.

2 Likes

Ranked experience has been terrible for me as well.

2 Likes

The problem with the system is Blizzard’s form of “punishment” for leavers, draft dodgers, griefers & leavers is to give them a slap on the wrist and then drop them 600+ points.

It’s one thing if Silver/Bronze games were Silver/Bronze games because 10 players are bad and play at a similiar skill level. Unfortunately, they’re bad because they’re full of ranked down griefers, leavers, trolls and likewise. The funny thing is, I have a high plat smurf - the actual quality of the game is almost identical except one team is 100x more likely to get a leaver or griefer in Silver/Bronze.

Just the other day, had this guy call out another member of the team: “37% Win rate? Why do you play a game you’re such crap at.” He then proceeded to pick TLV, say: “Enjoy your TLV AI.” and left at the start of the game.

That sort of thing, documented and reported, should be a “1 and done” thing. You do that, forget 600 rank point loss… you’re silenced for a year or two.

3 Likes

The problem with this game, in Plat at least, is that only 1 out of 5 games will have people that understand the basic concepts of the game. In those other games you will have either a feeder or two, someone who is going to throw at draft because they don’t want to draft as a team, or someone who gets extremely tilted in the first few minutes. The reason for this is not the player base, but the game’s inability to detect skill. If anyone lived through that very brief moment where they tried to implement PBMM then you know just how out of touch the game is with pairing like skilled people together. Its a crapshow and I can’t wait to see how the combination of Ranked modes goes, I’m sure it will be a good laugh.

5 Likes

Sounds like vs AI is your kind of game - that way the computer will consistently behave the same every time.

And here lies the problem… what if you know your team is making mistakes and your team does not. this is what is happening by allowing such a large variation of skill into the same game.

It’s blizzards responsibility to place like skilled players in the same game, why? so the game is fun for all. What is happening is… Blizzards match making is basically dictating who will win. or let me rephrase that… Who will have the statistical advantage, so that people on win streaks, lose and vise versa. I gave it a shot and im sad to say, it’s time to stop playing ranked again.

2 Likes

There’s no excuse for bad behavior in game, but that being said, Blizzard’s MM and skill variation within a match is largely the root cause of the toxicity in game.

1 Like

Root problem of “toxicity” are the people who cant keep themselves in check when hiccups occur, bad MM is just the match that lit the fuse. Pun not intended but i kinda like it.

Also “toxicity” because it basically has no universal definition and is too subjective.

1 Like

My Ranked experience has been absolutely HORRID also… Hopefully the new merger from HL and TL will fix the game… I hope it does.

Me too, I think it will help as much as the performance based match making rollout last year.

1 Like

The only problem that blizzard has is the lack of a proper educational system for this game; it’s far more complex than what most ppl will admit it to be.

For the rest, the issue it is the playerbase. A huge lack of understanding behind the Macro gameplay and draft picking, which is far more important in this game than microgame play.

Not to mention that literally everyone wants to only play only asn because it’s how you ‘‘carry games’’ not realizing that we need a certain type of heroes to do specific goals to advance our victory. I cannot understand why some ppl think a double/triple Burst-ASN comp is a good idea, or having a double/triple DPS comp is a good idea or to have a huge lack of synergy.

I see a lunara get picked my first reaction is to pick a hero like Jaina and play her as a supportive asn, or to pick ETC/Arthas as warriors and/or Cain/Reghar as support to apply slows. This sort of synergy is very rarely seen for some odd reason and instead ppl would rather just draft KTZ/Azmodan and KT on the same team and hope that they can land a damn kill.

2 Likes

Preach on Lord… I think there should be minigames that test for proficiency and teach the game. then based on that you can play ranked with players that tested similarly.

1 Like