Hogger's One Sided Talent Tiers Could Use Adjusments

Honestly he seems to be more on line with other bruisers than he used to be patches ago, but his level 4 and 13 are still pretty much in a rough spot.

In level 4 case there’s some situations where Hogger’s Joggers at least become promising (Hanamura, Volskaya Industries) and has some flexing into it when it comes to the movement speed than the heal, but Brute Force is just terrible, and increasing the damage stacks is not helping its case to be in line with the rest on that tier, I think the range increase on throwing Loot Hoard is ok but I haven’t seen any sort of a situation where its necessary to have a range increase, let alone the damage as Hogger is not even drafted for his AA in the first place but the disruption he can give with his abilities.

I would suggest to adjust Brute Force functionality to add on it some sort of amplification to his abilities when the quest is completed, something like increased rage generated from Q stuns or W instant detonation, better Q knockback OR increase his Q damage as a reward, just few ideas.

Aggro Range could also use adjustments because it’s really forgiving rage generation, you can go in less than few seconds from 0 to 100 in the right circumstances and all you need is roughly 2 - 3 enemies clumped up together, this is easier to get on wall heavy maps and the fact that your E hitbox is bigger.

For the case of level 13, his Pummel needs a staggering nerf as its the only thing you pick on that tier, maybe reduce the spell power from 50% to 40%/35%?, as a reminder Spell Power allows you to harass more than just “mages” but also healers as Spell Power affects healing done from healers abilities, cutting them from half from just a single Hog Wild hit is too good.

Some suggestions:

1. Make it behave similarly to the slow on that talent (50% spell power reduction from one hit to 10% spell power reduction per hit, stacks 5 times).
  2. Reduce its spell power by 10% - 15%
  3. Reduce its duration and make it equal to the slow duration (3 seconds -> 2 seconds)

Also Bloodthirst could really use a buff, maybe increase the healing received from 33% to 40%/50%, it is very underwhelming talent when compared to the others on that talent tier, at this point you rather pick Dust Devil than just relying on healing from dealing damage as you already have a lot of sustain tools from the early game (especially level 1/4).

11 Likes

How dare u to talk about balancing in my forums?
Down voted!111!

3 Likes

If Aggro Range and Pummel get a nerf, maybe Bloodthirst will be on the rise. It will be even better if Brute Force gets a buff. Devs need to be careful with power creeps. I’m looking at it, and it seems fine. It’s just that Aggro Range and Pummel are too dominants.

4 Likes

I’d personally love it if Brute Force increased the size of the loot hoard by 15%. That would lead to more reliable stuns and better terrain-blocking, which would make it competitive with the other options imo.
Though considering how loot hoard seems to be…grid-based? I’m not entirely sure if that would be possible.

but yeah honestly the changes are my thoughts exactly.

Also make hoardapult go on a 10-second cooldown when interrupted.

Considering how it was coded using starcraft 2 grid based wall system, this is very unlikely but cool idea nonetheless!

1 Like

The problem with Pummel is that it instantly reduces enemy Spell Power if they just skim the edge of Hogg Wild’s hitbox. The Spell Power reduction amount also does not depend on how many times they get hit by the ability. That’s the problem.

Here are what I would do with Pummel without making it unusable after a nerf or two:

• Slow amount per stack reduced from 10% to 8%
  • Maximum slow amount reduced from 50% to 40%.
  • Spell Power reduction decreased from 50% to 40%
  • Adjusted functionality: Hogg Wild reduces enemy Spell Power by 8%, stacking up to 5 times.
  • Pummel now reads as follows…
    • Enemies hit by Hogg Wild are Slowed and have their Spell Power reduced by 8% for 2.5 seconds, both effects stacking up to 5 times.

• Previously, the Slow duration was 2s and the Spell Power reduction duration was 3 seconds. By balancing both durations to 2.5, I think this would be a fair nerf.