Hogger...intended to be god?

He has been out for a while now and it seems every QM he is topping the charts in every column. Is he ever going to be tuned down a bit or can we expect QM to basically be gg if Hogger is on the map?

If you want hogger to be balanced you’re going to have to wait a long long LONG time.

Think about it.

They’ll nerf him by about 1% every patch for the next several patches. He needs at least 10-15% nerfs across the board to be balanced. So do the math…according to my calculator, thats about 10 to 15 balance patches to get him right. Since balance patches come only once every two months now, thats about 20-30 months, so give it maybe 2 or 3 years, just to be generous.

And they wont stop there. They’ll keep nerfing him by 1% well past what they need to, and he’ll be garbage tier in about 4-5 years.

So if you want my advice, maybe take about a 5 year break from hots and come back. If they’ve added more cancer heroes like him to the game during that time span then uh…you’re screwed buddy.

6 Likes

OrangeJuice post feels like an exageration but considering D’va’s and Gazlowe’s reworks date (Sept. 2020) and current balance state he might be on to something.

Gazlowe is 100% ban still. After 5 months more or less since his rework.

D’va is much better now. Probably close to balanced but still slightly higher than average.

Hogger is 100% ban. Took D’va spot in my book.

Devs are taking (for whatever reason you can think: under-staff, budget, holidays, priorities, content,etc) quite a conservative approach to balance.

Personally I detest the loooooong wait, which is the point OrangeJuice seems to be trying to get across. But if you take Dva and Gaz as examples it will be no less than 6 months minimum. At least in D’vas case.

Gaz is taking longer and let’s not get into Imperius. Don’t even want to know for how long he has been “under the radar” “overperforming” as latest patch notes revealed (and past notes too).

2 Likes

What?

It’s QMs, i don’t think they actually care about QM. And you know, he is “topping” charts in every column only if he plays against the team which doesn’t want to move at all or even kill him.

1 Like

He is not breaking QM, but he is “overperforming”. I opt to not deal with it.

But they will eventually get there.

Well not silver at least, I have plenty games played with Gazlowe, because none picked or ban him. :joy: Maybe only 25% of the time he is banned.

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Hero/?timeframe_type=minor&timeframe=2.53.1.83716,2.53.1.83632,2.53.0.83086&region=EU&game_type=sl&league_tier=silver

Last 3 patches he (Gazlowe) is banned in 80% of SL games in Silver.

But he does slip through every now and then, he is also picked in 10% of all matches.

Hogger is very popular there too, but not as much. His ban rate is 48.27%.

1 Like

According to that I have lucky times I guess. :joy: Personally I feel that KT or Ming are way more banned in silver than Gazlowe.