Heroes of the Storm Reddit AMA Schedule

Hello Heroes!

In our previous post, we mentioned a series of upcoming Reddit AMAs with the first one starting in February. Since we would like our first Reddit AMA to be focused on Balance and Matchmaking and our Lead Balance Designer is currently on vacation, we’d like to push this AMA to next week. Here’s a look at our upcoming Reddit AMAs:

• Wednesday March 6th 10:00 am – 12 noon PST – Ranked Play, Balance, and Matchmaking AMA
  • Thursday April 4th 10:00 am – 12 noon PST – Art and Design AMA
  • Thursday May 9th 10:00 am – 12 noon PST – Hero Design AMA

We will be posting the threads a day in advance to gather questions ahead of the AMA, so keep an eye out and have your questions ready!

Additionally, we have seen the concerns about the impact some recent changes have had on the state of the Heroes AI. Our goal was to make some improvements, but as with many things in game development, things don’t necessarily go as planned. We apologize for the trouble and are working on hotfixes to repair the AI while keeping as many of our original improvements as possible. We are going to continue iterating on ways to improve AI, but we’ll provide updates when we have more information to share.

As always, keep your feedback coming and we look forward to discussing Balance and Matchmaking with you in our AMA next week!

Thanks,

The Heroes of the Storm Team

24 Likes

Are we getting a balance patch or is that going to be delayed? Considering the current schedule of the patches we’re due for one today.

2 Likes

Given that the balance lead is on vacation and the fact that there is no patch up yet, i would guess its delayed till then too.

That’s unfortunate. I was really looking forward to a new patch

Given that the balance lead is on vacation and the fact that there is no patch up yet, i would guess its delayed till then too.

43.2 dropped

Sigh, Reddit. :unamused:

8 Likes

Why does it have to be in reddit? All HoTS players have a bnet account they can use to post questions here. I literally can’t post questions in that sub reddit because of a mod there got really offended because I had the wrong opinion about the QM changes. I am a paying costumer who can’t participate in your AMA because its gated behind the whims of a third party clique.

More so, if there’s anything we should have learned from the QM debacle is that the /r/HeroesOfTheStorm subreddit is a community too far removed from the reality of what the people actually playing this game want.

14 Likes

" I am a paying costumer who can’t participate in your AMA because its gated behind the whims of a third party clique.

What did you post that violated the thread’s rules? If it was an unjust ban, you can appeal before this date and they will reply pretty much immediately, and ultimately participate.

More so, if there’s anything we should have learned from the QM debacle is that the /r/HeroesOfTheStorm subreddit is a community too far removed from the reality of what the people actually playing this game want."

Um… Your opinion does not epitomize the opinion of the community as a whole, son. How can you know what people from the subreddit want, or even what people on these forums want for that matter? Also, do the people on the subreddit not play the same game? Which reality is it that you speak of?

1 Like

2 SIMPLE things u have to do it
1- in rank mvp should get at least 5-10 rank points at least so people can try to play hard.
2- if someone dc for couple of mins of the game u should save our points in better way

7 Likes

Probably because Reddit’s Structure makes it far easier to do.

I would prefer it be here, for various reasons…

But I understand why it is done on reddit.

2 Likes

I just downloaded the latest patch and read the notes. Some pretty cool updates to a lot of heroes. Unfortunately, I didn’t see anything about the AI being fixed on the notes. I assume those hotfixes will come at a later date?

Just pinged an AI teammate in my first solo game of the day (two and three, in fact, just to check) and they’re still not working like they should. Most people probably don’t notice because they don’t solo play with the AI like I do every day.

(EDIT and UPDATE)

Ah, LOL, oh well I tried. I just lost my first match of the day because I pinged Kerrigan and Jaina to follow me thinking they would help me. But not only do they not follow me. They run around the map like glitchy bugs, and then they heartstone with full life too much. I’m better off pinging them to “not follow me” as of now. Until this AI bug is fixed I have to not ping my AI teammates. It’s been going on for three weeks or so now.

2 Likes

March 6th => Merge HL and TL ! NOW! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder when we will get an AMA thats more suitable for europeans.

Just google “10:00 AM pst to local time”

According to the time shown in the OP, it’s happening for me on 8 PM GMT +2 time.

If anything this AMA is happening during night times between 6 PM to 9 PM in Europe so it’s pretty good.

This game doesn’t need another AMA where promises are made but nothing happens. It needs persons that are able to build a matchmake system and MMR ladder that doesn’t act like it’s build by trainees that have no clue.

3 Likes

This will be the last day I play the game then. It’s pure frustration what they call matchmake in modes that allow anyone to group in premades as large as you want.

2 Likes

In my experience, /r/HeroesOfTheStorm mods are not like that all. None of my appeals ever got a reply, besides the last one in which they just told me they decided to make my temporary ban into a permanent one just because they can.

The rules of their little forum shouldn’t matter though. Sure, they are free to ban me from there and I am not interested in participating in a community led by such people. But it is a shame that this external vendetta is being tacitly endorsed by the devs because for some ridiculous reason this third party site is a requirement for me to ask them questions.

4 Likes

They already said there will be an option (checkbox/button/whatever) to only get matched with/against solos. So what is effectively changing is the uninfication of MMR.

2 Likes

Ok that’s cool. It’s really insane that now when the game has lost most of the stuff working on it they are doing good things. The MMR split never made any sense and the market leader MOBAs don’t do it for a reason.

GM #1 was Gold in TL by the way. Resulting in terrible match balance. Stuff like that only happened in HOTS. I have the feeling that the completely wrong persons made the decisions for the game in the past.

5 Likes

Simple! players with high kda will can report trolls and bad players. Simple trolls and bad players usually get kda 0 0 10 So system will no take any report from them. Lately you are banning good players for some retards reason.

YOU WILL LOSE GOOD AND PRO PLAYERS FOR TAKE ACTION AGAINST THEM, AND KEEP RETARDS AND CHILDS PLAYERS!