Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes – August 31, 2020

Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes – August 31, 2020

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until September 7.

View Full Article

9 Likes

Oh no, protect all puppies from Hoku!

7 Likes

The D.va Rework, time to delve in and see what it is.

…and a Gazlowe rework, didn’t see that coming.

3 Likes

So new anomaly is a free self cleanse with 300 sec CD? …
Will next anomaly be that we get a “Bolt of the storm” as a 2nd item on all heroes with 300 sec cd? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

“RUBY IS FINE GUYS, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT”

Deckard

Talents

• Level 4
    • Ruby [Active]
      • Cooldown increased from 10 to 20 seconds.

Developer Comment: After a slew of buffs over the years we finally crossed the threshold of making Ruby not only competitive, but too powerful of a pick. We’re reverting our last buff to the talent that pushed it over the edge so that the tier is overall in a healthier place.

(:

5 Likes

New Nexus Anomaly - Gladiator’s Medallion

• Heroes now start the game with a new item on their action bar, the Gladiator’s Medallion.

Um, can we like, NOT go back to all heroes having access to the same generic abilities?

3 Likes

They nerfed Flash of Anger.

Yet the pick rate isn’t going to change at all, it will dominate the talent tier almost exactly the same.

3 Likes

Is this surprising when it was always the central point of his best build?

Overperformance isn’t only stats.

He certainly need improvements in other places though.

1 Like

Free cleanse for every (but not Gall and DW) hero.

I am amazed. I don’t even know what to say.

I’m not sure how this “Unstoppable btw” will play out as the developers imagined, players will be saving it on purpose for very specific moments rather than using it on cooldown and because of that, some of the more impactful ults will lose a lot of the value.

I’d rather go with along with a soft-cleanse ability with a lower cooldown, along the lines of Tyrande, Brightwing or Malfurion’s abilities that only clear an existing effect, rather than providing a window of immunity.

Crossover WC/SC and Gazlowe’s rework.
My body is ready.

I totally dislike the new Anomaly: people will not use it as an emergency escape, but to play even more aggresivly negating lots of anti-aggression tool.
Entire ultis (like Orphea’s Crushing Jaw) will become totally useless.
I already hope that they’ll disable it before time like the Weather one.

2 Likes

He has two builds, and his other talents had healthy win and pick rates.

The issue is almost entirely on Holy Fervor, it’s one of those “let me compensate for Imperius’s weakness” talents.

But no one wants Imperius for waveclear, they want him for team fights and dueling. Holy Fervor simply needs to be redone as a talent to reflect Imperius’s strengths.

1 Like

But during 5 minutes CD you will use several ults like that, no? Or you gonna use ults every 5 minutes only?

3 Likes

That’s because Imperius even though plays the solo laner is not a necessity to have the waveclear.

He just needs to force the other out and freeze the lane, that same damage plays his part in the team fight a lot.

Yeah, that’s how he’s balanced.

D.Va rework was expected, but Gazlowe? No.
Nerfs were pretty expected as well.

Anyone willing to link the new skins for those who are working?

1 Like

Good patch. Best changes:

• ARAM replacing Brawl, with removal of weekly loot chest (can ARAM for dailies)
  • Reducing Seasonal requirements from 50 to 35 wins

Between these two changes, I am hopeful that those of us who don’t really want to be there can duck out sooner, resulting in higher match quality. This should in turn boost the populations in QM and Unranked, so hopefully MM there has an easier time of it.

I’ve tested on the PTR and it cannot cleanse an already in place CC (I mean that you must activate it before being stunned and cannot just use it while being stunned).

That put the whole thing in a much interesting place.
Now I’m eager to play with it on live.

1 Like

In regards to Gladiator’s Medallion, can we get an indicator to show current CD for all allies (even if it’s on the Tab screen)? Just thinking, as a Support player, I’d like to see who has Gladiator’s Medallion available so I can prioritize Cleanse appropriately.

8 Likes