Heroes of the Storm Content Update - December 21

Thank you very much giving us an update, the more news the better we wanna go now what’s going on to keep us engaged.

One big suggestion. Take out duplicate legendaries, you can leave all the other duplicates so we can build up shards but even the dec.13th letter is not as depressing as opening legendary duplicates.

Ps. Also, climbing the ranks is painful.

Otherwise I love the game, it’s been my favorite for 3 years running, i didnt play blizzard games prior but I play them all now, maybe Hots is a gateway??? Hmmm Activision do you hear that?

Laters
:slight_smile:

And for the love of all that is good, even if for whatever reason you just can’t seem to get Grey DeLisle back into the sound booth (going on three years, now) for Nova and Li-Ming announcer packs, at the very least fix the 2.0 bug already that is preventing Ming from calling her own killstreaks.

Those lines are already recorded. They’re your property and I should imagine are still present in the live version of the game. Let them breathe again.

2 Likes

Only thing that would bring me back is having all the heroes unlocked, like it should’ve been from the start.

It’s nice that we’ll be getting a new hero announced in the new year, but with the new, even slower cadence of releases, how long are we going to be waiting between hero releases?

Since the pre-announcement release cycle seemed to been settled at a new hero every two months, what’s the reduced released cadence going to look like? Can we expect at least four new heroes a year? Three? What’s the target goal?

One hero every three months? Or four? I can’t imagine it would be every six months, that’s tantamount to effectively killing the game.

The best case news would be that the current release cycle of every two months is the goal going forward and the announcement is merely saying the current eight week cycle is going to be continued going forward, since that is already the slowest it’s ever been since launch.

Honestly I hope it all works out. I love this game and it’s my favorite MOBA by far. It sucks you have a smaller team and the official esports have been canceled, but I feel that without having to worry about making everything work for esports first, it will make the game a lot more fun, and you guys will be able to be more creative with your designs.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will be seen as it will be burried under all the comments, but I want to give a VERY big thank you to you guys in the Heroes team. The open communication that is consistently coming in is so reassuring. TY SO MUCH!

3 Likes

We appreciate you guys working hard on this game that we all love. Here’s to hoping for a brighter future! <3

1 Like

contests? yeah, it will get them more bad name… maybe not from the players or fans, but from the artists community and the industry pros… I don’t know if you’re an artist or not but I’m one, and design contests for us are spec work. They want design? they bloody hell must pay for every single of it, not just winners. If you’re gonna use the “exposure” argument, pls don’t, exposure doesnt pay bills. And fyi, Blizz ALREADY have a bad name for paying low wages for their artists, and quitting Blizz to work for RIOT (which pays better) has become a meme among some us, and now you suggesting spec work disguised as contest for them, nice… btw are you from Indonesia? cuz there’s where most foolish “artist” who likes contests came from

We’d like to see Aram styled battlegrounds as a permanent game mode (one in which we could also complete quests).

1 Like

Challenge accepted >:3

Hello, a player from Argentina here.

This game does not need to be better than LoL or Dota2, this game needs to continue evolving in its unique style that we all love.
It is dynamic, fast and fun. Both casual and competitive.

Some things that I consider important for the game to remain active.

• Maintain the idea of ​​adding new heroes. In this type of game it is important, its the main idea. To play with our favorite Blizzard characters.
  • Balance sheets
  • Return the ability to buy things separately, the lootboxes do not work. Before I could buy what I liked when I wanted and how I wanted. Put that system back, let people invest in what they want. As Fortnite does.
  • Keep the annual events, although they are not the big thing, new quest keep the dynamics of the game.
  • Discard completely Brawl, it’s a bad way, invest time in it is to invest time to fart. It is not the core of the game and does not need more attention than it has, people play this way only to take out the lootboxes and do not mind winning or losing. They do not care about the way at all. Keep the concentration in the main modes.
  • And of course, keep creating maps, one of the great things is to play on maps that are our franchises. Like his last map, “Alterac Valley”. For me, it was very, very nostalgic to find a map like that, since Warcraft was my first game.

I like the update.
I dont like the fact that you have reverted the 1tank/1healer rule to QM. I am now again getting into realy stupid matches that are basically 20 wasted minutes.
Also, do you not think it is time to make up some BETTER matchmaking system?
Or perhaps eliminate the forced 50% win rate?

You talk nice but I dont see any REAL changes… (well, other than the one good thing that you have already cancelled - the 1heal/1tank in QM)

1 Like

Thank you for the update, appreciate it a lot!

In my opinion you should look deeply into what people has drawn to the game and the reasons why they left it. Ask them. Many of them are players of other Blizzard games, so reach out to them.
You did many cross-games events to bring more players, but there is still something about HoTS that they didn’t like and it’s rarely the type of the game. You need to identify it and work on it please.

As was mentioned by many in this thread, read forums and try to implements some of our ideas. Plenty of them are great and would be amazing to see them in game.
This also would make us feel heard and valued as players and fans.

As for what I would like to see in 2019 (or at least in future):

Heroes 3.0
That would include achievements like we have in WoW / StarCraft / Diablo.
Awarding with unique sprays, banners, skins, mounts, portraits, etc.
I remember before 2.0 that having a portrait awarded for mastering a few related heroes was a thing and nice show off on loading screen. Would like to see it back!

Best plays
Show on your web page and in the launcher short clips of best plays of the week/month/ suitable time frame.
I have been wondering (as many of us has) about roles and why most of players prefer playing just assassins.
One of the things that occurred to me is that 95% of shown plays is about epic killing streaks or wombo-combos. We hardly ever see plays performed by healers or tanks. Those are as much amazing as the mentioned 95% though!
Maybe you could support other roles than assassins by promoting short clips with great plays performed by tanks/healers? WoW has “Screenshot of the day” encouraging players to participate and having fun, why shouldn’t you do the same?
Playing a tank or a healer is fun and rewarding too!

Annoucers
Could you implement assigning an announcer to a map please? We can assign one to a hero, but sometimes we’d like to have a different voice for a map in general coughDragon Shirecough

Maps
Variations of maps! I’d love to play Cursed Hallows Christmas edition! Towers of Doom summer beach version! (Sand castles instead of forts, etc.). NobbleGarden of Terror!
Endless possibilities!

Heroes
Millhouse Manastorm and Gelbin Mekkatorque would be amazing to see in the Nexus!
Also it is time to introduce new multi-role hero. My suggestion would be a priest with all three WoW specs!

Cosmentic items for less fortunate
Many heroes are lacking new sprays and banners. I bet that I’m not the only one having difficulty to match a banner to 75% of heroes. Mostly because there is none for their group (for example Chromie) not to mention their skin variations.

You do outstanding job, keep it up!

2 Likes

heroes is dead. switching to league of legends. good bye all… or see you in the league rather

1 Like

Please do this game more competitive. More competitive = more streamers, more tournaments, more hype, more player base.

Do ingame tournament sponsored by players (by buying “special cosmeticks packs” ).

1 Like

Some kind of game currency consolidation is urgently needed.

Take the event plushie mounts. They are wildly popular on Twitch right now, but that is among long-established players who built up their base collection when there were fewer random items to receive and thus have the shards to spend.

With waves of disposable new content coming into the game seemingly every month, do the devs have any idea how long it would take a new account to accumulate enough duplicates to reach 2,400 shards?

There is no gem bundle for these otherwise attractive new event mounts—a jebait that effectively broadcasts “keep your stupid money.” They are exactly unattainable for the majority of your player base.

It’s the constant trolly little oversights like this that have made new players shrug and walk off and left the rest of us feeling increasingly disillusioned.

2 Likes

Please consider bringing back old mounts like the Golden and Obsidian Cyber Wolf. Thank you.

1 Like

Why not unify the QM and unranked draft modes?

Unranked is to learn the rules of competitive modes.
How to draft a team, who to ban, etc.

Because they are completely opposite styles of play?

The point of Unranked is to play a draft style of game.
The point of QM is to NOT play a draft style of game.

2 Likes