Heroes of the Storm Content Update - December 21

“So we can all admit, that the growing tend is the game is dying”

Um. No. It’s really not. Most players didn’t even watch HGC/Dorm. Hell, I can almost guarantee most of them don’t even know what HGC stands for.

Most of the playerbase either play exclusively vs. AI or QM and sometimes Brawls. The people in Unranked/Ranked made/make up a very small percentage of the playerbase. The closest to ‘dying’ this game is going to get is longer queue times in Ranked play - if even that.

The people who only cared about the pro-play will probably leave, assuming the community-driven tournaments don’t bring them back, while the actual bulk of the community continues to play, largely unaware of HGC/Dorm even existing.

1 Like

<3 Thank you, Kaéo! I’m still in support 110%.

1 Like

I’m glad that this post was made as many of us have mixed feelings about what the last announcement meant for the game that well all love.

If you guys are listening please take what I have to say in consideration.

ANZ We are a very small region of players, a lot of the reason why a lot of us play was because of the HGC and the Open Division contests.

These gave people in all regions a to keep trying to improve their game play, the competitive scene inspired better game play.

I only competed in the Open Division but It was honestly I’ve had some of the best Heroes game experiences playing competitively. You could call them “Magic Moments.”

A lot of people committed to the higher levels of play, The HGC players, Coaches, Casters, Streamers, Youtubers were put out of work without warning. but I think you guys know this.

These are the amazing people that were driving the community forward. Its basically like taking the wheels off a car and expecting it to continue to move forward. I don’t know how other regions are faring but I do know that the ANZ Region is suffering. Matchmaking was already broken for our region having a smaller player pool and getting smaller because of the announcement to Cancel HGC. Que times are insane and quick match as a five stack is a joke. A balanced team as a 5 stack gets matched against 5 assassins.

My main point here is that what works in one region may not work in all regions. Please do something to help us so the ANZ hots region and other smaller regions can continue to thrive.

There is a bit of uncertainty here but my hope is that the completive scene is picked up and run by a third party so that we can continue to have those amazing experiences.

One thing I’ve been wanting in this game is Story mode. Now that the story of the Nexus has started to become more fleshed out with the release of the comics and the new and unique Hero Orphea that have given much needed depth to the game and I would love to see that story play out in the game. I know it’s possible because of the Heroic Brawls that feature. Give us more of that, I think that help the community thrive.

I’m honestly looking forward to what the Hero’s team has install and this post was a much-needed reassurance for the players.

I love this game too much to not speak up.

Thank You

Make quick-match like Overwatch where a group of 5 people select their heroes together after queuing into match and not selecting hero before match. This will make it a collective responsibility and can give experience making team comp. for rank. This will probably solve your match making problem for quick-match.

2 Likes

This deserves an Amen! haha

1 Like

You guys should add a clan system!

4 Likes

Deathwing or imperius is next hero release?

So Ok, what do we do with the shards? Oh wait, we collect 2,600 to buy a legendary mount. Then open loot boxes to get more from duplicates. I like getting loot boxes when I level or when I complete a quest like for one of the events. But what I don’t like is having the option of purchasing them. I also don’t like that you have to purchase the gems. I don’t like that are three different types of currency in this game. Gold, shard, and gems. Gems are the ones that are probably worth the most because you can buy bundles of heroes with skins packs using the gems. Then the shards allow you to buy the cool legendary skins and mounts. Basically the gold let’s you buy heroes. Very tedious Blizzard. Basically if you want to obtain all the heroes you buy a bundle pack and you need a lot of gems. If you want them to look nice you buy the hero separately with the skin pack with gems. About 1500 gems is what like $20? I don’t remember. It can get confusing at times. I think Blizz does it on purpose so you can buy the gems. The game should have two currencies. One that you are awarded and one you buy. I don’t know just an idea. :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

Kaeo,

Thanks for bringing back purchases with gold. Now, it seems like you’re scaling back some of the 2.0 changes. I hope we can get back to more skins (master skins and the like) eventually. Please don’t make too many drastic changes to heroes that don’t need them and do focus on the ones who do need them: Tass, Chen, TLV, etc. Focus on Matchmaking this year, focus on core gameplay improvements. We have to shore up the foundation before we can move on to bigger and better things. I was not happy with the direction Sylvanas & Malfurion were taken for instance, and she’s still lagging behind. Make sure if you decide to change heroes the changes are easily grasped and aren’t too drastic.

As always, events and heroes/skins are welcome, but working on the foundation (“back to basics”) I think will put us back on track and those Activision heads will give you your team back.

1000%.

A new hero every 2-3 months with reworks every new hero or two.

It works for Dota for years…

1 Like

Great news! Heroes forever.

I just want to say one thing I want Cairne Bloodhoof, and an Old Gods like Yog or cthum (meca)

This post is so different from Brack and Gresco. It shows that some people still care about the game, and its community. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As you see unique talent system and shared level for team is not enough for players, they are still stucked in other mobas…

I’m here from first closed alpha day and reached max level too. Have all heroes unlocked. game is boring now, we need some new content, I know there are risks that its not work but i think Blizzard is not some indie developer that can not risk like that… just add some new content. I know it will sound crazy but, what about after you finish match, winner team has to face some huge boss (map themed one) and if they kill it, they will be rewarded with random weapon. (like in wow)

Add deeper character customization from menu side like switchable weapons… (which will change some perks for characters) just do something to save the game.

Also its almost 2019 and we still not have pick preferred role before we join matchmaking… thats why game becomes aweful with trolls in ranked… and in quick match you can join with 5 specs and smth like that.

1 Like

No. We have 84 heroes already. They should focus on MM and report systems.

1 Like

Hots is my favorite moba it has the best music and announcers especially Towers of Doom or Volskaya foundry are really epic.
But is is really frustrating that if you play Ladder after 2-3 games won you have a loosestreak which makes it impossible to get from silver to gold. They should rework their mmr and not force 50% winrate

Glad to see the Dev Team making some announcements at least, I’m a bit eager on this events and grateful that the Winter Event has been extended to February.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for some new updates! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for your passion!

1 Like

bro if the upcoming hero isnt imperius im literally ready to cry.have your shoulders open for me ;-;

1 Like