Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - November 4, 2020

They only buffed the underperformimg ones.

I never bothered to take Starwood and probably will not now either, but i will use it a few times just in case.

Q-build could still need a 2-stack damage bonus, but those changes are interesting to say the least.

D.Va’s Rush-Down nerf was still needed. It’s a fair one.

I like the new Leoric’s changes. I need to try Unyielding Despair(W lvl 16) with Burning despair (W lvl 20). It has the perfect ability cycle with Consume Vitality (Q lvl 1).
You Q, then W. When W finishes, your Q and W are up again for an other rotation.

I might try Dehaka again. I said it before that he needed 3 dmg increase on Dark Swarm. And, now that Apex Predator is even better, it’s getting more interesting, as I always picked it 4 years ago.

Kerrigan got fixed.

Alarak’s Mocking Strike got a noob friendly buff, which could be dangerous in the long run. It was already balanced, I don’t know why they said that it’s “slightly underperforming compared to other options”. It doesn’t seem right by looking at over 7k games in high elo.

Orphea and Gazlowe’s changes seem fine for now.

Sgt. Hammer’s Graduating Range’s buff… Oh God, no.
QM players will suffer a lot vs her.

Interesting Anub and Azmodan changes.

edit: don’t know why I replied to you, firesnak921

2 Likes

Yeah and I will claim that nerf wasn’t enough rush-down should be 50%, not 70%.

I pick it as a tech talent to deal with long ranged stuff. I would usually pass on it and make due with whatever build I’m going, but this buff makes it more appealing in those situations where having extra range could help.

I don’t think the Lvl 20 changes for Leo will make a difference. It still doesn’t compete with an immobilizing silence.

I also don’t think the Dehaka changes will make much of a diff. His Lvl 16 tier wasn’t touched.

For Malthael, the buff to throwing shade is less reliable than Die alone in the solo lane. But a bit more reliable during fights.

The problem with memento Mori is not the damage bonus. It’s the fact that it doesn’t do anything unless you apply your trait for more than 4 seconds. And if you CAN stick to your targets. Then why wouldn’t you pick the Q cdr or the 8% damage on W?

1 Like

Dehaka and Leo got baseline buffs.
And since they weren’t bad, these changes are not supposed to be big ones.
Same with Malthael and his talents.

Both Leo and Dehaka had win rates below 50%. I stopped playing Dehaka some time ago, specifically because I found him too weak to be competitive.

4 Likes

I will say, the 25 second global was kinda dumb on dragonshire. Will likely also be dumb on sky temple, and cursed hollow.

Not when everyone beats you in lane. If there isn’t someone there with you all you can do is delay them.

The buff changes the speed at which she reaches the full +3 bonus range from 9 to 6 seconds, it doesn’t improve her range beyond what the talent did previously.

as malth player i like those buffs but i wish they change R2 too

Anub’arak buffs is sure want to some Tank I forgot that where Tyrael in this balance update patch?

I agree but I’ve had matches where having additional range has made a difference. The buff makes this talent more competitive on a very competitive tier and viable as a stand alone talent for specific situations.

some improvements said that Nova being outdated compared to some heroes. I see that both remained key leaders wasn’t update in this patch I have a chance in sometime.

Last December during AMA devs said that she is on their radar. Unfortunately, don’t have any new information since then.

If you check DW’s hero select portrait. He had his updated with this balance patch.

1 Like

so in this patch Alarak is included to balance changes. I must recovered this hero alongside Li-Ming, Lt. Morales, Cassia & D.Va to victory having more fun time!

if your buffing based on win rates, wheres the medivh buff

Hmmm actually as a lunara player I pick Q at 16 not for the Q build, but for splintered spear at lvl 7 to spread. This makes it sooo much more appealing to pick if there isn’t additional slow / CC on the team for unfair advantage.