Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - August 20, 2021

No, she’s not. I tested it and I can choose her.

Ah, when I started up the game she was still disabled. Seems they changed it shortly after then ^^

Tracer is the only exception from all hyper mobile heroes, but still I can choose to wide my Q range against her. And since she is a midrange fighter it’s not hard to hit her with Q.

Nazeebo was one of the worst characters in the game. The only one lower if not himself would be genji or nova. Butcher comes really close too. Same with valeera. Don’t forget if not high elo and a premade: medivh

1 Like

Wild Vigor was already a really nice pick espcially when combined with the attack speed/percent damage later on and now it´s even better. Time to erase some Nova, Ming, Tracer or other pest now even faster than they expected.

For her Q though i´d rather like to have seen some bonus damage for two stacks.

3 Likes

They buffed Hanzo, Lunara and Nazeebo, 3 of the most toxic playstyle heroes in the game. Gonna be a long month :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s not the buffs Hanzo actually needed. His AA quest is still unplayable. But thanks i guess.

Deckard changes are good. Thanks.

Great Nazeebo buffs, but WHY? He didn’t need them at all. Now he will replace Zagara.

Zagara will be bad now.

1 Like

I feel getting trolled or how are this heroes the “most toxic”? Care to eloborate?

??? - He surely needed the buffs, because he was in a bad spot.

But not THAT much buffs.

You know that they buffed different builds and not just one? But even if you’re right, then they will tune him down. Give the new patch some time man.

When is the last time they ever reworked (major overhaul) a hero without making them OP?

Johanna, Raynor, Stitches, Anduin, Morales.

1 Like

They buffed Qhira :open_mouth:

She already melted squishy heroes in a smooth combo. I’m interested in how she’ll do. I’m keen to take a swing once Qhira.

Devs, I don’t think you guys really realize why the talents on Qhira you buffeed don’t get picke

Revolving Sweep is a risk, even without cleanses you give your oppoennt control of your position and the more time you stay attached the longer they have to make use of that power
Any talent that requires Qhira to stay attached is going to struggle even before you consider the actually very very good competition.

6 Likes

I just played three matches with a Nazeebo.

• Teammate: We won, but he felt to be in a bit of a trouble. Didn’t perform particularly well. But it was a super weird match anyway.
  • Enemy (master): He did well, but not exceptionally. More like he was able to do stuff that other players can do when they are having a good time.
  • Myself: I could tell the story many ways. I had a better early game but eventually Zagara outscaled me. It certainly felt better, might even say good, but I’d do better numbers on Orphea any day. But it’s fine, let’s see how it evolves.

Of course now everybody is going to play Q and you can work around it. No more zone control with E, for example. Wasn’t my thing but I’ve seen success with it.

Also, both Naz mains will come out and stomp, as well as FOTM players and ruin it.

2 Likes

I agree, and E is easy to counter since it can be interrupted at any point. You can even stun/knockback during the very long animation of her attaching the sword to the enemy, which will stop it before she becomes invulnerable, and put it on CD.

The talent buffs won’t make her E-build worth playing.

1 Like

Most likely the talent I mentioned, which gives him the ability to join teamfights and gain stacks doing it work. I played one game with my friend, who has many games with Naz already and he completed his quest. Though it was only one game and enemys got an TLV (master smurf), he was pretty fast with completing.

So what would you suggest to buff or change this unpopular talents? Because their idea behind was actually nice. Buffing bad talents to make them to compete better with others is a great way to balance things.

And that’s before you account for what those talents acre competing with, Ensnaring sweep will never be able to make up for the utility of Upstage and Your Pain My Gain, survival tools on a melee assassin are crucial.

They need to buff Revolving Sweep baseline to not be interruptible.

Let’s go through tme 1 at a time

Fatal Sounds: In my experience a big reason this build isn’t taken is because it dosen’t actualy have any snnergies, both of the other level 1s have combo’s at 13 that have the potential to literally double their effectiveness. In short this talent is fixxed elsewhere in the kit.

Ensnaring Sweep: there is literally no universe where a slow can compete with Survival Talents on a Melee Assassin as this talent is competing against both Upstage and Your Pain My Gain (4 stacks of evade or potentially permenant 30% armour)

Pulsing Pain: This is where I think we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, repalce or reowrk this talent in some way to give it direct and powerful synnergy with Fatal Wounds, possibly involving some kind of burst (I propose 0.75% Worth of damage per stack of Blood Rage instantly on some kind of activation or something similar)

Lingerinag Ailment: Honestly there are only 2 problems with this talent, 1 is that it suffers from E talent syndrome where you are forced to stay attached with E to get use out of it, (Which gives enemies control of your positioning) and B it’s competing against BOoming Kick
Changing this to be something like the negative armour applies upon reactivation or maybe rework it to be a smaller amount of negative armour tied to the bleeds or something

Swing Life away: exact same deal as above hyper buff it with something like protected for 2 seconds and instead of cooldown reduction upon staying attached make it a hardline reduction to the cooldown or cooldown based on AA’s or something

Utility Belt: This is… the only one I think might see more traction out of all the buffs made this patch it might see a niche here or there combo’d with Lingering ailment but that’s still iffy considering the booming kick competition

Even without interuption (which they can’t do as the main reason for tht is the fact that her inability to attach to unstoppable targets is part of a subtle bug fix along with the mini stun at the start)
Even without being cleansed off staying attached still gives enemies control of your positioning.

4 Likes

It’s a really big buff. Being able to deal with and take merc camps was his noticeable weakness. In my opinion Leoric had fallen off compared to other bruisers but I think this will put him at or near the top. After camps his biggest issue was mana but this also makes mana less problematic for him.

Being able to fill roles doesn’t mean much because how a player plays is what’s important. Leoric is still a sponge in lane. This definitely makes his weaknesses less punishing. I want to see how it feels to play against other bruisers before calling it OP. The bruiser role has gotten a lot tougher over the last few years and Leoric didn’t get many changes. This could be just the right amount of juice. That said, as a Leoric player this could easily make him too good.

1 Like