Heroes from classic Blizzard games

What ever happened with the prospect of adding Blackthorne to the game? Or even one of the Rock’N’Roll racing characters. They could at the very least throw in a Raynor skin to fulfill the Blackthorne feels and as for Rock’N’Roll racing, maybe a Sgt. Hammer skin. Back in alpha I sort of envisioned Sgt. Hammer as the style that they’d intoduce one of the racer heroes (you see their face in the HUD but in game it’s really just a vehicle that is being controlled). I still think this could add a little more flavor to the game. I guess the problem is this was long before Overwatch was announced and with the huge hero pool we have to pull from there, it leaves the classic games as “uninteresting”. Would anyone else love to see another classic Blizzard hero added to the game or am I alone on this one?

I feel like Blizzard has really dropped the ball on the release timing of a lot of their heroes. Some should have been launch (Grom, Cairne). Some should have been released years ago (Vol’jin, Blackthorne, Lady Vashj, a real gnome). Some heroes seemed to get put on the back burner for no reason (WoW classes, D2 classes). And some could’ve been released alongside major content (Anduin, Zappy Boi, Saurfang, Rastakahn, any time there’s a new OW hero).

Then months and years go by and it just seems like it’s too late to go back to any of these “shoulda been” heroes. When and if they finally do, all the energy is gone and people are just like whatevs.

Well, I am glad they finally went back to Samuro. I remember there was supposed to be a mecha-gnome back before it was even called Heroes of the Storm and here we are… no mecha-gnome. With Overwatch being such a great source of Heros, I feel like some of the old backburner builds will remain in the void.

If they add a mechagnome at this point, it may as well be Blingtron lol

I think a lot of these scrapped heroes are in part related to the monetary success of the game and I have heard from Youtubers that it is not as profitable as they wished that it was… probably because Activision cares more about microtransactions than quality of game… as evidenced by Black Ops 4 and their coercing Blizz to ignore Diablo fans entirely in order to branch into the Chinese mobile market. The sad truth of the matter is that Blizzard isn’t who they used to be, the whole “It’s ready when we say its done” philosophy that led to years and years of triple A titles that evolved into profitable IP’s are over. They adhere to deadlines now and they scrap content to reach those deadlines (still love ya Blizzard but fans can see that things have changed since Activision took over)