Heroes devs suck at this whole balance thing

He told about balance of matchmaking. Not about balance of heroes. All right. Balance of MM does exist too.

Game is much more balanced than people think, but people will always blame their losses on the game instead of themselves :smiley:

15 Likes

That cultists of “self fault”…

1 Like

I wish there was a way to downvote posts still

3 Likes

In QM this is same things. No flexibility on heroes = pain for players, bad matchmaking = pain for players.
Generic talents hided some balance troubles in Alpha/Beta but after his removing, troubles with balance has become more notable.

Yup !
Its why im guessing mobas are the pefect game for thesd players , there is so many things they can blame !

The comp
The map
The hero being too weak
The hero being too strong
Team mates
Objectives
Lag ( when in this day of age lag shouldnt be an issue anymore )
Mechanics being too dumb to understand
Mechanics being too tough to understand

Unless its purely a 1v1 and even then , people find excuse for what caussd them to lose.

Ironically fighting games players tend to be more like , "nah man , you didnt outplayed me i screw up my commands " they blame themselve much more than they should xD ( typically not all lol )

3 Likes

3 Likes

Here:

3 Likes

indeed this huge human problem! I like what you did said.Congratulatione man! :slight_smile:

The game can be improved,i did try out so many times to adersiting my ideas and to collect so many thoughts or point of viewes,but without success to now.What would happen if we play this my versione of the game,after over 6 months,ro 1 year?!

Im sorry for my so bad english languege,im lazy someone translate it properly.I can explain everything for every 1 my idea.

1 Like

I agree the game is now balance. However, I think it took too much time till the game reached this point. :frowning:

Just look how this game looked a year ago…
Fenix OP, Maiev needed 4 patches (=nerfs), before she lost OP as hell status, Tracer OP. Blaze and Malf were first picks everywhere (do you remember 40 seconds cd on Bunker?). Meanwhile, Ana, Tyrande and Nova were unplayable trash. Raynor was just a big ranged minion waiting for his rework. Chen…

I have to disagree with tyrande ,
Before her most recent rework she was one of the strongest duelist in this game . she would be able to solo nearly anything.

The flare build was no joke. Any decent amount of stacking would let you drop a 1k stun on someone add that with darnasian archery and you had yourself a monster damage paired with the fact when fighting she had good healing . but only limited to when she was fighting because if she couldnt attack anything then we couldnt heal properly and a heal every 15 seconds is quite bad but when in battle it could cut this by about half which made much more sense.

Shes was more of a dps first then support second. When i played alot of tyrande before the rework , i have solo’d tracer without any issues, anub , garrosh , diablo , kael tas , dehaka , artanis , chromies, hammer , usualy characters that people find really annoying.

She wasnt perfect by any mean , in fact she was a gamble for the late game a bit like force wall tassadar. But thing was if your team could hold until then , a stacked tyrande is easily one of the scarriest since when shes stacked , not only could she dish out huge amounts of damage but the moat dangerous thing about her people forgot she essentially became mana free , her flare and owl didnt cost any mana by that time so she never had to B anymore in fact there are many games i B’d only once since i never ran out of mana.

As a healer the old tyrande was inferior to many , but calling her trash not doing her justice to her abilities and far from what she could do.

1 Like

I wish Blizzard just died and so a new better company could grow from it’s ashes.

I’ll have you know Jeff knows exactly what he is doing. He knows exactly how games like OW are played and…
…
…
… wait
Sorry I just watched a dev update where he openly admits he didn’t expect people to main heros. Hmmmm… Well blizzard seems to be doing well.

1 Like

… What?
Even worse then I thought jeez, and here I was thinking the existance of doomfist and every rework since Mercy being a fail was just incompetance but he really dosen’t play games lke these? Lol

1 Like

She was fine only in QM, she wasn’t playable in Draft, if you didn’t want to be blamed and reported for every possible reason. She was briliant duelist, but none competent (everyone expect QM players) ever went 1v1 with you and she was bad in teamfights. Her healing was low, she had poor AoE, poor PvE. You had to draft pure healer alongside Tyrande which didn’t work even during double support meta.

If your ever having a bad day watch the video on it. Just search Your OverWatch, Jeff finally speaks on YouTube. It’s a video I have saved for when all the white knights come out and say the dev team knows best.

Despite this being an OW related video it still shows the quality of all blizzard staff memebers.

The title says the Heroes Dev’s suck at this whole balance thing.

The first initial thought was what heroes and all are out of balance.

Yet the OP lead was about Match Making… very confusing.

The Hero Dev’s should focus on balancing the heroes right? I don’t understand why people get so mad over QM match making.

If you want a more balance Team experience play TL or UR.

It’s not hard. QM is just to try heroes and not really interact with a team comp. It’s just clown fiesta, plus the games don’t count so why u mad bro?

Or the BFA balancing job:

“Alrite, your preferred class/spec has been literally useless for the first half of this expansion’s life. I guess we can take a look at it, since you players keep crying…”

Or:

"Hmm, Demonology Warlocks are surprisingly actually capable of competing with Demon Hunter’s damage potential now, and demo locks are actually showing up on damage meters…

WHAM GOES THE BAN HAMMER

There. That 25% damage nerf should do it… Wait, what was that Feral/Guardian Druids?!! You talkin to me?! Yeah. Didn’t think so."

HotS has some of the tightest balance of all Blizzard’s games imo. Take that however you will.

HOTS isn’t horrible if you ask me there are several meh heroes who need some help (Tass and Valla) and one pain in the rear that even if balanced should not exist IMO but other then that it’s solid, dedicate a few months to ironing out the kinks and it’d be solid