Hero Concept: Widowmaker(yup)

Okay, so, before I get to the Concept, I know Nova has a Widowmaker Skin, but people who own that skin could get reimbursed with Widowmaker herself. Alright, with that out of the way, here we go:

• D: Expert Sniper: every third Basic Attack or Widow’s Kiss against the same target deals 50% extra damage. These are not interchangeable, and Basic Attack-Q-Q or other variations of that will not work.
    Quest!: Hit Heroes with Widow’s Kiss.
    Reward!: after hitting the same enemy Hero 5 times in a row with Widow’s Kiss, Widow’s Kiss deals 5% extra damage to that Hero.
  • Q: Widow’s Kiss: channel for 0.75 seconds, then deal 156(+4% per level) damage to the first enemy hit.
    While channeling, the target path will move towards your cursor slightly faster than Gall’s Shadow Bolt Storm thing.
    no Mana. 4 second Cooldown.
  • W: Venom Mine: Deploys a Venom Mine at the target location that arms 0.5 seconds after reaching the target location, then deals 84(+4% per level) damage to the first enemy to walk over it, then deals 56(4% per level) damage per second for 5 seconds. Only one Venom Mine can be active at a time. When an Enemy triggers it,
    Widowmaker has an alert at the top of her Screen.
    no Mana. 12 second Cooldown.
  • E: Grappling Hook: fires a Grappling Hook that pulls Widowmaker to the first piece of Terrain it hits, if it hits Terrain less than 25% of its Range thick(that doesn’t pull her over the edge of the map,) it will pull her through it.
    no Mana. 18 second Cooldown.
  • R1: Infra-sight: Causes enemy Heroes in a large area around Widowmaker(range similar to half of Illidans’ The Hunt) to be revealed for 10 seconds. Enemies revealed in this way take 15% increased damage from Widowmaker. While Infra-Sight is active, Widow’s Kiss has 100% increased range.
    no Mana. 60 second Cooldown.
  • R2: Widow’s Web: Target area(similar to Jaina’s Ring Of Frost) grows a ‘Tech Web’ over 2 seconds, dealing 76(+4% per level) Damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies and Slowing them by 70% for 2 seconds.
    Lasts for 5 seconds. No Mana. 70 second Cooldown.
    Well, what do you think?
1 Like

Nova has a widowmaker skin specifically because they have no intention of adding Widowmaker.

Well there’s always room to imagine.

So I would imagine you want her to be ranged assasin so I will base my feedback on that.

Completely random damage boost like this is bad IMO but furthemore it encourages her to favour attack quantity istead of quality (seems cotradictory to sniper playstyle)

That is very high number of takedowns combined with somewhat unrealistic requirement to not die.
I would strongly suggest to give her entirely new trait.

An iteresting variation on Snipe :+1:

That belongs to Aba, give it back :angry:
Seriously it is weak ability with long cooldown that doesn’t really help her achieve her goal (in OW it is used to protect her sniping position but that isn’t really a thing in HotS).

Maybe make the pulling over effect activable so that player has more choice.

Unless I’m wrong she won’t be able to damage enemies in most of the area making it just a glorified Oracle.
I think lowering the area and cooldown would go a long way.

Could you explain the ability a bit more?

Like Malf’s roots or? And how long does it lasts?

Also what is the cooldown?

Few more points:
I’m opposed to heroes having no mana costs for no reason.

WM’s role of sniper can’t be easily translated to HotS for multiple reasons (2D terraining, no headshots, smaller range of engagements to name a few) as such her appearance in HotS should have some different playstyle/goal.

Many of her abilities are already used in-game (some more than once).

While I strongly dissagree with reducing characters to skins the previous two points somewhat justify this :confused:

I do believe it is possible to create WM as indepented hero but it would require considerable shifts in her kit (no carbon copy there). Talent tree could also help with that.

Yeah, I was kinda tired when I got to Widow’s Web, I’ll make it clearer. It grows like Malfs’ Roots.

For some reason I thought other people would understand that Infra-sight was supposed to double the range of Widow’s Kiss, I’ll make sure to clarify that.

I’ll reduce the Cooldown of Venom Mine, and clarify that only one can be active at a time.

I went with the ‘Critical Hit’ function to try and replace Headshots, but I can see a problem with the Quest now, I’ll change it.

ehh sort of.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168619-Heroes-of-The-Storm-Developer-Interview#&gid=gallery_6568&pid=1

TE: It seems like Overwatch characters are starting to pour into the nexus, with Tracer and Zayra leading the charge. A question a lot of players have had, especially since Nova received a Widowmaker skin - will Windowmaker ever get her own HoTS hero? Similarly, will Diablo 2’s Amazon ever become a playable character?

KH: Widowmaker is a tricky one. I’ll never say never, but it’s relatively unlikely. There are so many other Overwatch Heroes we are super interested in doing, that I think they’d take priority over Widowmaker for the time being. However, who knows what the game will be like in 2 years! The Amazon is one we’ve discussed as well, and I wouldn’t rule it out either. It would present itself with certain difficulties, though, due to Nova’s Amazon skin. I will say that going forward, it’s something we’re talking a lot more about when we go to make a skin, having the discussion about what it means for doing potential heroes in the future.

They say they’re interested in other heroes before widow, but they also say they’re going to talk about skins and potential heroes a lot more.

Personally, I interpret them as saying “oh ___ we messed up” after the fact. Though you could also interpret it as an intentional decision since Nova fills the sniper slot.

4 Likes

Mekkatorque is an example of said planned or announced heroes.

I’d like that, I always wanted a WidowMaker hero tbh. Nova gets old boring