[Hero Concept] Thisalee Crow [new and improved]

I have a concept for this hero from 2 years ago: Qiana Moonshadow/Thisalee Crow [hero concept]
However, since HotS is getting less and less development as time passes, I no longer think that it’s possible for so much effort to be put into a single hero (she used to require 6 models). So I am instead suggesting this new concept, which will reduce the required models to 3 (or 2 if the Hawk Form is considered as a missile, like Rexxar’s Q).
I’d still like her alternative skin to be Qiana Moonshadow tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Core kit:

Health: 1725
Armor: 0
Damage: 85
APS: 1,25
Range: melee

Abilities:

[D] Cat Form

Cooldown: 6 seconds.

Transform into a cat (panther), gaining 15% increased move speed and 20% increased attack speed, as well as an alternative set of abilities.

(While in cat form)

Return to Night Elf/humanoid form.

Removed the alternative forms, that I was suggesting in my old concept.

Basic Form abilities

[Q1] Rejuvenation

Mana cost: 40
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Cast range: 8

Heal an ally for 325 HP over 5 seconds.

Or 70 HP/sec. The healing amount may seem a bit high, but it’s less than what dedicated healers, like Morales, or Ana have. And its uptime, is 55,56% baseline, unlike that of other healers.

[W1] Cyclone

Mana cost: 65
Cooldown 15 seconds
Range: 10
Delay: 0,4 seconds
Radius: 1,5 (between basic and upgraded Lunara Q)

Cause a cyclone to appear at a targeted location, dealing 70 damage to all enemies caught in it and shooting enemy heroes in the air for 2 seconds. They can not be targeted for that duration.

The “stasis” duration is as long as that of Chromie’s E/D. I could’ve made it like KT E, but they would’ve been too similar. I also could’ve made it targeted, but people don’t like targeted abilities, which have CC element in them. So I decided to make it like Lunara’s Q. The damage is lackluster, but its not the main purpose of this ability.
Alternatively, it can only lift enemy heroes caught in its center, but then I think that its delay should be further reduced to 0,3 seconds.

[E1] Hawk Form

Mana cost: 65
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Range: 8
Move Speed: 13
Hitbox: 1,65 (imagine upgraded Lunara Q)

Transform into a hawk and fly towards the targeted destination, dealing 150 damage to enemies you pass trough.

Like Genji E, but much slower (~5 times slower), and wider (65%). Shorter range as well, 8 (instead of 12), but you can choose your destination, and not just direction. Damage is lower as well (150 instead of 190).

Cat Form abilities

[Q2] Bite

Mana cost: 35
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Range: 2,5 (Uther’s E has 3)

Deal 150 damage to an enemy and heal for the same amount.

[W2] Swipe

Mana cost: 55
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Radius: 4 (Leoric’s Q has 5)
Arc: 160 degrees

Deal 75 damage to all enemies in front of you and additional 100 damage over 3 seconds.

[E2] Skull Bash

Mana Cost: 60
Colldown: 12 seconds
Range: 5
Speed: 20
Hitbox: 1,65

Leap towards targeted location, stunning the 1-st enemy hit for 0,5 seconds and deal 120 damage to them.

Something between Valeera Q and Blaze E. It deals more damage than either (baseline), has half the range of Blaze E and double that of Leera Q (a bit more actually), but it also has longer cooldown. Its stun duration is fairly short, mostly for disruption.

Heroic abilities

[R1] Feast of Crows

Mana cost: 100
Cooldown: 70 seconds
Range: 10
Flight time: 0,75 seconds
Hitbox: 1
Radius: 4,75 (Phoenix has 5,75, Locust has 5,125, upgraded Poly Bomb has 4,375)

Throw a carrion towards a targeted location, if it hits an enemy hero, it sticks to them. For 5 seconds after falling, crows attack the enemies around the carrion, dealing 70 damage per second.

This has elements of Hanzo Sonic Arrow, KT Phoenix and Anub’alarak’s Locust Swarm. The travel speed and hitbox are that of an upgraded Hanzo arrow, but the range is lower. The damage is lower than that of KT Phoenix and a bit higher than that of a Locust Swarm, but the duration is shorter than both.
It deals up to 350 + 4% damage to each enemy, which is not overwhelming, although it indeed isolates the enemy hit from its teammates.

[R2] Astral Form

Mana cost: 45
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Duration: 8 seconds

Enter Astral Form, during which you can not shapeshift. While in Astral Form, your basic attacks have 5,5 range and your basic abilities are upgraded.

[Q] Rejuvenation cooldown recharges 200% faster, and it also heals 2% of the hero’s max HP every second.
[W] Cyclone radius is increased by 50% and delay is cut in half.
[E] Hawk Form is replaced by Swiftmend, which instantly heals an allied hero for 312 HP, and has 8 seconds cooldown.

Replaced the Tree Form with Astral Form, so it wouldn’t require a new model to be worked on. Just add some special effects to it (such as transparency and glow).

Talents

Level 1

[Passive] Feral Affinity

Gain additional 10% move speed in both forms, as well as 20% additional attack speed in Cat Form.

In other words: 10% bonus move speed while in caster form, 25% increased move speed while in cat form and 40% increased attack speed while in cat form.

[Passive] Guardian Affinity

Your max HP is increased by 10%.
Quest: Collecting Regeneration Globes increases this bonus by 0,5% each.

On level 30 the bonus will be equal to 28 HP per globe, which is similar to that of Stitches’ quest. However, since games rarely go past level 25, on level 25 this bonus is equal to 23 HP per globe. Which is lower than that of Stitches’ quest. So we can safely assume, that this talent is balanced.
Collecting 60 globes will be required to reach the HP of a squishy tank. And we all know, that this doesn’t happen in regular games. Even in brawls it’s hard to collect that much. And just having the HP of a squishy tank doesn’t make you a tank automatically.

[Passive] Balance Affinity

Gain 1 mana regeneration per second.
Quest: Takedowns increase your spell power by 2%, up to 20%.
Reward: Upon getting 10 takedowns, increases your mana regeneration by 1 more.

Level 4

[Q1] Lifebloom

When Rejuvenation ends, heal the target for additional 60 HP. If the target takes damage that brings them below 40% HP, this effect is triggered instantly and heals double the amount.

So if you cast Q on a target below 40% HP, the triggered effect will not kick in. But if they take damage while being below 40% HP and remain under 40%, they will get the extra 120 HP.

[Q2] Rabis

Bite slows enemies hit by 25% for 2,5 seconds.

I’m uncertain if this talent is sufficient as this, but I suppose that the slow amount could be increased to 30% if it’s underwhelming. Or it could also reduce target’s armor by 10.

[E1/W2] Small Prey

Increases Hawk Form and Swipe’s damage to Minions, Mercs and Monsters by 100%.

It could be reduced to 75% if it’s overwhelming.

Level 7

[Passive] Ysera’s Gift

You get healed for 1% of your max HP every second. If you are at 100% HP, heal a nearby ally instead.

If it’s healing an ally, it heals them by 1% of YOUR max HP, not theirs.

[Passive] Astral Influence

Increase the range/radius of your abilities by 25% and your Cat Form abilities recharge 25% faster.

[Active] Survival Instincts

Cooldown: 60 seconds

Passive: Gain 10 armor, increased to 15 while you are in Cat Form.
Active: Increase the armor to 50 for 2,5 seconds.

I’ve incorporated Thick Hide into this one. I don’t like when a hero has diminishing returns from different talent combinations.

Level 13

[Active] Renewal

Cooldown: 50 seconds

Heal yourself for 30% of your max HP over 3 seconds.

[Active] Shadowmeld

Cooldown: 45 seconds

Become invisible for 2 seconds and remove all DoT effects from you. You can move freely for that duration. When it expires, you can remain invisible, as long as you don’t move/attack/cast/take damage.

[W2] Brutal Slash

Swipe now damages all enemies around you. And its initial damage is increased by 25%.
Quest: Each enemy hero hit by Slash increases its bleed damage by 6, for the whole duration.

This may seem a bit overpowered. After all, Valla’s Q was overpowered, when it was providing her with 4 damage per stack. However, this talent comes on level 13, and not on level 1. So less stacks are expected to be gathered throughout the game. Furthermore, Valla’s Multishot hits all enemies in a cone, with a big range, with the level 4 upgrade. Swipe only hits the enemies around you, so we can expect for it to be getting stacks at a slower rate as well. And 3-rd, this is increasing her dps portion of the ability, and it’s easier to react against dps than it is to react against burst.
If anything, I think that this talent may need a buff.

Level 16

[Q1] Ring of Life

Radius: 3,5

Casting Rejuvenation creates a circle around the target, which lasts for 5 seconds. Allied heroes within this circle get healed for 100% of the healing amount to the original target, distributed between all of them.

Heroes at 100% HP are ignored.

[E1] Mending Flight

Increase Hawk Form’s hitbox radius by 50%. Also allies you pass through are healed for 180 HP.

Heals you as well, when you cast it.

[E2] Hard Skull

Skull Bash’s stun duration increased by 0,5 sec and its damage is increased by 30%.

Level 20

[R1] Raging Crows

Feast of Crows lasts additional 1 second. Crows stick to enemies they attack and slow them by 25% for 1 second.

So enemies get “infected” whenever they enter the ability’s AoE, and it doesn’t matter if they leave after that. However, if an enemy gets infected on the 4-th second, they will be affected for the remaining duration of the ability, which is 2 seconds.

[R2] Astral Stability

Your basic attacks increase the remaining duration of Astral Form by 2 seconds. Up to 15 seconds. And they slow enemies by 20%.
The duration of crowd control applied to you is reduced by 50%.

[W1] Controlled Force

Reduce Cyclone’s duration by half, but you can now attack affected enemies. Also its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.

[Q2] Ferocious Bite

Bite also deals 7% of enemy’s max HP as damage.

The extra damage is included to the heal amount.

[E1] Crow

Hawk Form’s gets a second charge, its charge cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds and enemies hit are slowed by 50% fading over 2 seconds.

Additional Thoughts

I’ve kept the design similar to the old one. She can still “multiclass” as a healer, tank or an assassin. Although not as effective as before, and not as easily.
The talents might be a bit boring… I think that I could’ve given her more talents to improve her abilities, as she got lots of passives, and not so many ability improvements. But I also tried to keep her as close as possible to a WoW druid, without overly complicating her kit. Having energy while in cat form and mana while in caster form would’ve been too complicated for HotS, and she would’ve become too similar to Leera. And I was also trying to keep both of her forms viable, regardless of her build. And that’s one of the reasons I kept her basic attack melee, even in caster form.

1 Like