Help in removing an account

need help in removing two of my heroes accounts (including this one i’m posting to) without submitting a photo id. I can instead provide cookies.I assure you that a hacker wouldn’t go to these lengths to delete an account. So if there’s any mod willing to do me this favour please hit me up. Thank you.

Cookies won’t help verify you/account owner…

But why would you need an account deleted anyways, especially for HotS?

Just never use it… problem solved? This seems like a non-issue unless you are doing something funky.

yes, i want to delete my funky accounts :tanabata_tree:

firstly, you are going to have to open an account support ticket and talk to them about anything regarding accounts. i have never deleted an account so i dont know how it goes personally, but i can vouch for them being able to merge accounts into a single account. you will just have to ask what you want to the account support team.

secondly, you are REQUIRED to go through multiple forms of identification. its not about how you feel the lengths you are willing to go through justify it. its about legal and customer information security issues here. if you cant or wont submit the information required then maybe its better to just abandon the accounts. just dont log on to them anymore. what i would suggest in that situation is change the password on those off accounts to a 16 digit randomized password (you can find password generators for free) that include upper and lower case letters, symbols, and numbers. then just never log in or post on them again and forget about it.

if you want to talk to support though about possibly deleting them then…

here is the support document for details:

…and support ticket page:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/322/channels

1 Like

Why not just leave them forever? Same deal but no need to delete.

And yeah, you’ll need ID and such. Blizzard put a hard stance on this for good reason cookies and “well it has been used on my IP before” are poor verification.

Forget about them, or be serious about it and be ready to submit personal info.

1 Like