Healers nees more mvp

Something happened and now i almost never see healers get mvp. If someones over 50% of the teams healing i feel like they should be eligible for mvp.

5 Likes

Not if the healer dies too much, except he is Uther. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Assuming they don’t die much.

1 Like

its how the mvp equation works. they posted a while back. something to do with dam/ deaths healing / deaths kills/ deaths etc. as a healer u don’t do better stats then a decent dps.

1 Like

Makes sense. The only time i get mvp is when im also top damage as alex or whitemane.

1 Like

I get MVP as Stukov oftenly.

1 Like

Wow, my best mvp healer is Lili. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is slightly outdated, with the changes to roles, but you can basically replace “Warrior” with “Tank”.

• add kills

• add assists x [LostVikings=0.75, Abathur=0.75, other=1]

• add (timeSpentDead / gameLength) x 100 x [Murky=-1, Gall=-1, Cho=-0.85, other=-0.5]

• add 1 if player has top hero damage of his team

• add 1 if player has top hero damage of the match (ignored, if both teams have the same top hero damage amount)

• add 1 if player has top siege damage of his team

• add 1 if player has top siege damage of the match (ignored, if both teams have the same top siege damage amount)

• add 1 if player has top healing of the match

• add 1 if player has top XP contribution of his team

• add 1 if player has top XP contribution of the match

• add 0.5 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of his team

• add 1 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of the match

• add 2 if player won the match

• add 2 x (siegeDamage / topSiegeDamageOfMatch) (ignored, if both teams have the same top siege damage amount)

• add 2 x (heroDamage / topHeroDamageOfMatch) (ignored, if both teams have the same top hero damage amount)

• add 2 x (xpContribution / topXpContributionOfMatch)

• add (healAmount / topHealAmountOfMatch) if player is Support

• add (damageTakenAmount / topDamageTakenAmountOfMatch) if player is Warrior

The way I see it, if I am playing a tank or healer, and one of my DPS gets MVP, I did my job well!

5 Likes

Sure it’s easy to say if team wins and all as a healer I did a good job. At the same time I had a game where I had 9 clutch heals. Nine times in the fight I stopped a death and it would be nice if a bit more often the game’s math took some consideration to how much of my team mates input was directly related to my act of healing.

For me it had mostly become a joke, I finish a game at 40%+ on the healing and 0 deaths and then Tass gets the mvp I’m usually just saying to my team “whats a healer gotta do around here?” And we laugh about it.

Part of the problem specifically with healers is they are the most focused role in the game. They are the teams sustain and while they still put out damage and such none of them are often in the running at being the best at it.

Many factors are taken in to account for MVP and healers by nature aren’t built to be on the scale of 60% of them. But it’s fine, the smart people out there love us and appreciate us.

2 Likes

I love playing healer. Even if the role is often underappreciated. I just wish there was a little more fan fare to bring others to the role. There are games where I do 175,000 healing and I dont even get a mention on the mvp screen. I know numbers arent the most important things but common. Surely that much healing had some impact.

Huh, thats interesting.

I saw most times in my game and also others match that Anduin get MVP reward, (I’m not Anduin player i said about team) because of he is very sutiable to surving the allies even though he has some death in the match.

I am a Uther player, got MVP most times with him.

This is same to having multi kills even though above 20 times with Illidan & Abathur,Blizzard most times dont care on the MVP score for that team.

First thing is to contribute to kills (assists). Many people got this weird idea that if your AA sucks, there is no point in AAn.
Second is not dying.
(Hoku got that covered)

Lucio in particular always been to me the easiest one to farm MVPs. His mobility and frequently ticking damage enabled him stealing the finishing kills.

2 Likes

AAs are great, every hero should be using their AAs. Its free damage.

Except maybe abathur

1 Like

more difficulty that I would have much of the ticking damage. I answer that Lucio has more MVP.

And Gall! I always forget that, when I play him.

2 Likes

Healer is the easiest role in the game. Assuming team is made up of varied mmr, and assuming equal skill for all roles, the lowest rated player should be the healer if possible

1 Like

I would say that Healer is as straight forward as a DPS’s role, but I wouldn’t call it easy. It’s simple, but difficulty varies from healer to healer (just like difficulty varies from one damage dealer to another)

3 Likes

Lol, good joke man. :smiley:

1 Like

The current MVP algorithm weighs XP soak way too heavily (and no, the formula that used to count it (having top xp soak in the game) as just worth 1 kill is definitely not in effect for a long time now). So, if healers don’t ever solo soak, they have immediate reduction in ability to get mvp.

But who cares really, the whole MVP screen is just total fluff that nobody pays any attention to at all anyway and it doesn’t affect anything either.

1 Like