Healer Mains question

• Lucio : passive aoe healing similar to BW, but more mobile.
  • Deckard : throws out potions on the ground for ppl to pick up.
  • Alexstrasza : ground AoE heal and single target.

those would be my picks scaling up. Lucio is going to be the easiest to pick up out of all of them. also Lucio just got some changes. he might be good to take a look at because of that.

In terms of difficulty, Lucio is probably the best as a very simple hero who has solid healing and some escape ability. Definitely one of the best healers for new players.

I’d say Whitemaine, Just walk away if you fear to get dive and tap Q whoever is getting hit lol

Huge warning, though, for Deckard. People can and will avoid your healing potions at all costs. Literally had a game where this guy was running from death and there was a healing thing RiGHt in front of him and I swear to god this dude dodged it. And died.

Basically, be prepared to aim and pray.

I’d suggest Alex. She can do really nice healing and damage, if you play her like I do. Plus dragon.

1 Like

Rehgar can do a lot of stuff by himself and is decent at both sustained and burst healing. Plus he’s a lot of fun.

Stukov is pretty good at dealing with sustained healing and alright with burst. Both his ults are pretty good, plus his AAs hit like a truck. Also love his root combo.

Deckard is pretty good at healing sustain and burst, plus he has a ton of utility. Just learn to toss your potions on people or just in front of where they are running. Also remember to drop potions off for your solo laner.

Here I thought the question was going to be how do you not go completely insane with bad teammates

2 Likes

That’s a terrible way to play Whitemane.

You see you have to be insane already to enjoy playing healers.

5 Likes

I feel Alex suffers from the same issue unless you play Q build (which is the best build in non-premades anyway in my opinion). People simply avoid your W even if it’s placed safely, close to the player with no enemies around.

Having abilities that require teammates to step on them is in my opinion very risky because many players would rather die than use the healing you provide.

That’s why her Q build is so good, they can’t refuse your healing plus it costs you nothing after level 7.

Her Q build is her easiest build for sure as long as you’ve got a solid meat wall to protect you while you garden. I, however, opt for a hybrid Q/E setup, where I take the CDR reduction on Q at lvl 1, and the 10% heal when hitting burning targets with E at 7. I like being able to guarantee my own safety, as the flower threshold is quickly lost in a fight. Yes you can heal back up with abundance, but giant telegraphs saying “here’s the healer!” Generally don’t work well. Fire Within pairs well with ancient flame at 20, making her one hell of a tanky dragon.

It’s not a talent setup I’d recommend for people starting on her. You have to be good at landing flame buffets on the same target(s) while also making sure you aren’t needlessly tossing them out and wasting mana. But I personally enjoy it and find it more engaging than flower picking and hoping I’m not sneezed on.

1 Like

Thanks for help guys! 5/5 games as healer today in ranked. 3 of which for alexstraza. Really good recommendation

1 Like

Glad you liked Alex, she’s awesome. Don’t be afraid to ask more questions or dip your toes in the waters of other healers too.

I was going to suggest Morales like another poster above, she’s easy to get into but provides a deceptive amount of depth to her gameplay. You’ve already gone with Alex and she will be great, though I wouldn’t consider them redundant, Morales is like a cross between Uther and Alex. IMO, the more heroes the merrier, if you’ve got 3 supports and are trying to flesh out your roster. The more kits you’re comfortable with, the far more interesting drafting and playing become. Have fun!

I realised yesterday that I’m secretly a Healer-main. I have the highest overall winrate with that role (55%) and love the playstyle of a lot of them.
But it’s fine, I always loved insane characters and I knew my time will come as well.

For @Op: I see you picked up Alex, cool, if you want one more I’d suggest Rehgar. Easy, strong and reactive.

3 Likes

Nah, Deckard isn’t a good idea in lower leagues … too often teammates stand litteraly besides a healing potion and die pinging you as healer, because they soemhow don’t see those red flasks on the floor (or maybe think "uh, it’s red, it has to be something bad! … alt though flame strikes are bad to and they like to stand in those …)

Lucio and Alex … I could recommend to … but Alex only with Abundance (w) build and if there is no Jaina / Keal’thas / Junkrat in the enemy team. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

People do actively avoid his potions. For the same reasons I have reservations about playing W build Alexstrasza anywhere outside premade parties. People will rather die than retreat back to your Abundance and live.

2 Likes

Dunno where people got an idea others avoid potions.
Regardless, you can play Deckard like bigger delay Ana Q.

EDIT - you actually should be using potions similar to Ana Q.

I agree with this. He does not have any complicated mechanic and his heal is rly ez to pull off.
He and lili are prb the best.
To me stukov is rly hard to use correctly.

After lili and lucio prb next is anduin and rehgar.

You can play Alex against KT/Jaina/Azmo pretty easily as long as you place your Ws at times and places where it’s not a free opportunity for them. Their abilities do have cooldowns, and also range/need for vision. Junkrat… Junkrat is harder to play against. Alex can survive Azmo poke (+the other mages) by just hyperfocusing on positioning and she’ll destroy him. Her poke healing is insane

Also people only avoid Deckard potions because they’re trying to be polite and leave them for the rest of the team. You should aim for people/their pathing always and just set them up at the first sniff of an engagement just for the possibility of value

Yeah, what you write about Alex is correct, but OP asked for

and I would consider to do those things allready afford “higher” skill, so … :wink:

And no, on lower leagues potions are generally “avoided” … or at least ignored if you don’t push them down the troat of your target :smiley: … and to land them point perfect needs (again) “higher” skill … at leats more than keeping Q pressed down with Lili. x)

Tyrande , anduin, reghar stucovh are nice medium skill healers

Morales definitely has a low skill floor too.