[HC] Iyyokuk, the Lucid {Klaxxi Paragon}

Hello everyone! I’ve made yet another Klaxxi concept, but it’s a Healer this time. He’s definitely a weird one, and I hope you find it interesting!

A paragon of the Klaxxi, Iyyokuk was an incredibly intelligent mantid with a unique grasp on arcane magic. Something went wrong with his amber encasement, though, and he remained lucid and trapped within amber for 877 years; after the first 78 years, he gave up trying to escape, and spent the rest of his time keeping his mind sharp by creating and solving mental puzzles. Even though his mind and body survived the stasis, he doubts whether his sanity remains. I’ve built Iyyokuk first and foremost around his gimmick from the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, where all other heroes have different marks that Iyyokuk’s abilities interact with. Additionally, since he was a unique user of the arcane and his raid buff was for healers, I chose to put him in a healer role. Iyyokuk’s basic abilities are very simple, but his complexity comes from the mark system; his two main abilities receive massive cooldown reduction when used on heroes with the same mark in a row, and the marks can be gradually altered over the course of a match. Choosing how to assign marks and when to give up his powerful cooldown reduction to target differently marked heroes leave a lot of mental puzzles that Iyyokuk must solve.

Class: Warcraft Healer
Statistics:
Health: 1,616 (+4% per level)
Regen: 3.37 (+4% per level)
Mana: 500 (+10 per level)
Regen: 3.00 (+0.098 per level)
Atk Speed: 0.88 per second
Atk Range: 6 (slightly above standard ranged hero)
Damage: 104 (+4% per level)

Trait: Silent Lucidity
Passive:
At the start of the game, every other player is randomly assigned a color. Three are assigned Red, three are assigned Blue, and three are assigned Yellow.

Active: Calculate
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Cost: N/A
Iyyokuk selects 2 heroes from a menu and switches their colors as assigned by Silent Lucidity.

Q: Diminish
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 35 Mana
Iyyokuk uses his mastery of the arcane to reduce an enemy’s life force, dealing 68 (+4% per level) damage immediately and another 132 (+4% per level) damage over 4 seconds.

If Diminish targets a hero who has the same color as Diminish or Fortify’s last target (whichever was cast more recently), its cooldown is reduced by 50%.

W: Fortify
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 35 Mana
Iyyokuk uses his mastery of the arcane to increase an ally’s life force, restoring 92 (+4% per level) Health immediately and another 184 (+4% per level) Health over 4 seconds.

If Fortify targets a hero who has the same color as Diminish or Fortify’s last target (whichever was cast more recently), its cooldown is reduced by 50%.

E: Arcane Edge
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Cost: 60 Mana
Iyyokuk selects a target hero and creates arcane chains between them and all heroes with the same color within a large area for up to 6 seconds. The chains deal 22 (+4% per level) damage per second to enemy heroes they are attached to and restore 34 (+4% per level) Health per second to allied heroes they are attached to. Additionally, the chains deal 10 (+4% per level) damage every 0.25 seconds to all enemies standing in them, but cannot damage the enemy heroes to which they are connected.

R1: Spectral Shield
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Cost: 80 Mana
Iyyokuk encases himself with an arcane shield for 3 seconds. The shield starts Red, but Iyyokuk can recast Spectral Shield at any time to cycle its color to Blue, then Yellow, then back to Red. All damage that Iyyokuk takes from enemy heroes whose color match the shield is negated and 50% of the negated damage is restored to Iyyokuk as Health. Additionally, 15% of the negated damage is restored as Health or dealt as damage to all allied or enemy heroes of the same color within range.

R2: Chromatic Prism
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Cost: 75 Mana
Iyyokuk conjures an arcane crystal at a target location that has 1800 (+4% per level) Health, decaying over 12 seconds… The crystal starts Red, but Iyyokuk can recast Chromatic Prism at any time to cycle its color to Blue, then Yellow, then back to Red. Iyyokuk’s basic abilities can be cast on the Chromatic Prism:

• Diminish and Fortify apply their effects to all valid heroes of the same color within a large area with 75% effectiveness, but this damages the crystal by 100% of all damage and healing done. Additionally, their cooldown reduction component treats Chromatic Prism as a hero of its current color.
  • Arcane Edge can attach to it if the prism matches the color of the hero targeted. Alternatively, if Arcane Edge is cast on the prism, its color and targets will change as the Chromatic Prism changes color.

Talents:
Tier 1 | Level 1

• Amplifying Energy - Fortify’s initial heal is reduced by 20%, but after 2 seconds its healing over time is increased by 60%.
  • Oscillating Network - When Iyyokuk casts Diminish on a hero, all allied heroes of the same color deal 10% more damage for 4 seconds, reduced to 5% if affecting more than one allied hero or reducing the cooldown of Diminish by 1 second if affecting no allied heroes.
  • Runic Binding - Enemies standing in Arcane Edge’s chains have their movement speed Slowed by 30%, lingering for 0.5 seconds after they leave.

Tier 2 | Level 4

• Monochrome Momentum - Iyyokuk’s 4th basic attack against heroes of the same color reduces the remaining cooldown of Diminish and Fortify by 1 second. Progress resets if he basic attacks a non-hero or a hero of a different color.
  • Arcane Flux - Casting Diminish or Fortify on a hero of the same color grants Iyyokuk 1 stack of Arcane Flux, increasing his Ability Power by 2%, up to 5 stacks maximum. Casting Diminish or Fortify on a hero of a different color consumes all stacks for triple the effect.
  • Reactive Chains - Whenever the chain component of Arcane Edge damages an enemy hero standing in it, allied or enemy heroes connected to the chains have 5 (+4% per level) Health restored or damage dealt to them.

Tier 3 | Level 7

• Calculated Risk - (Active Talent, 60 second cooldown) Iyyokuk chooses a hero. For 30 seconds, he counts himself as the same color as that hero for the purposes of Diminish and Fortify. He also takes 30% less damage from heroes of the same color, but takes 10% more damage from heroes of a different color. This ability shares a cooldown with Calculate.
  • Focused Haste - For the hero color that has the most instances of Diminish and Fortify active, Iyyokuk receives 5% increased basic attack speed and movement speed per instance. Once every 6 seconds, Iyyokuk will count himself as this color for the purposes of Diminish and Fortify.
  • Missing Link - Arcane Edge also attaches a chain to Iyyokuk. For the ability’s duration, Iyyokuk will count himself as the same color as the chain for the purposes of Diminish and Fortify.

Tier 4 | Level 10

• Spectral Shield - See above.
  • Chromatic Prism - See above.

Tier 5 | Level 13

• Puzzling Calculation - (Active Talent, 60 second cooldown) Iyyokuk chooses an allied and enemy hero and swaps their colors for 10 seconds. 20% of all other damage the enemy takes is restored to the ally as Health, and 20% of all other Health restored to the ally is dealt to the enemy as damage.
  • Unravel - Diminish deals bonus damage every second equal to 2.5% of the target’s current or missing Health, whichever is greater.
  • Rebalanced Momentum - When the chain component of Arcane Edge damages an enemy hero, allied or enemy heroes connected to the chains receive 30% increased movement speed or are Rooted for 0.75 seconds. This effect can occur once per enemy hero per cast.

Tier 6 | Level 16

• Reality Rewoven - Iyyokuk’s basic attacks heal all allied heroes affected by Fortify for 50% of the damage dealt, increased to 125% if they are the same color as Iyyokuk’s target.
  • Integrated Reaction - Casting Diminish on a hero of a different color refreshes all active instances of Fortify, and vice versa.
  • False Equivalence - Diminish can now be cast on allied heroes, instead casting a talented Fortify with 50% effectiveness that also increases their Armor by 5 for its duration. Instances of Fortify applied by False Equivalence stack with normal instances of Fortify.

Tier 7 | Level 20

• Optimized Refraction - Spectral Shield’s cooldown is reduced to 20 seconds.
  • Amber Pylon - Chromatic Prism no longer damages itself by applying Diminish and Fortify and its maximum Health is increased by 100%.
  • Unfathomable Arithmetic - Calculate gains 2 charges and can be cast while Iyyokuk is affected by crowd control. Casting Calculate makes Iyyokuk and any allied heroes it targets Unstoppable and Protected for 0.75 seconds, and Stuns any enemy heroes it targets for 0.75 seconds. This talent’s effects also apply to all active talents that share a cooldown with Calculate.
  • Equation Balancing - Whenever a hero affected by Diminish or Fortify dies, all heroes affected by Diminish are dealt 302 (+4% per level) damage and all heroes affected by Fortify have 406 (+4% per level) Health restored to them.
5 Likes

bruh

No Random allowed in HotS. Especially if its affects abilities so much.

I considered this and thought it would be fine, since Calculate can let Iyyokuk set all of the heroes to the colors he wants by minute 5 or so. It’s a nice and easy rule for an initial state that he can modify to his will.

EDIT: Even as I think about it, there’s no rule for an initial state that isn’t random besides having no marks (which sounds awful). Even if you specify how many of each color on each team, which heroes they are applied to will be random; and even if you choose position on the scoreboard for color assignment, that itself is random. So, unless someone else has an idea, it’s good enough ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

3 Likes

better not play imperius, thrall, or guldan any time soon. try being more specific.

anyway
I feel bad, there was clearly alot of effort put in to this but Im not sure this color gimmick would make the hero more fun then if he had some other trait. I think it would boil down to every minute you slowly change everyones color to what you actually want before you can start to use your basic abilities in their feels good empowered forms. For E especially I feel that its held back by the color thing as getting the color same color on the enemy solo laner/split pusher would drastically reduce its effectiveness until you fix it and im not sure fixing it would be all that exciting of a thing to do. It might also cause issues in the early game where if your laning opponents dont have the right colors you essentially have just a bunch of half abilites. There are also some concerns with heroes like abathur who just never shows up or vikings/clones where idk what would happen.

On the bright side tho, I do like alot of the talents c :

2 Likes

Thanks for raising some concerns and the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, it’s the core mechanic of his raid fight and the thing that makes him most unique. I’m sticking with it even if it makes him look clunky because otherwise, it’d be like if Probius had no structures xp

Perhaps I can reduce Calculate’s cooldown for the early minutes of the game just so Iyyokuk can modify the state faster to get him started better, then go back to normal cooldown later so he has to be more careful with his color switches.

I’d say Vikings all share the same color and Cho’Gall has the color of both Cho and Gall. I don’t think Abathur is really a concern since that just means one of your colors will have 2 heroes, and any further issues are inherent to Abathur’s design and not Iyyokuk’s design (like being 1 body down in a teamfight, or Zul’jin’s Headhunter talent being awkward to complete). Also I think it’d make sense for Aba’s clone to have Aba’s color, if that’s a concern.

2 Likes

makes sense and i agree. That being said tho, I dont think it would hurt to have some early fourth talent to counteract that a bit. Maybe you can give a hero 2 colors or something.

Also, those numbers are all reeeally low. Not that it matters, it just bugged me for some reason : s

2 Likes

I’m still not sure that this kind of effect would be necessary. I think that Arcane Edge is the ability that hurts the most for having an enemy Abathur, in which case make sure that the 2 heroes who share a color with Abathur aren’t ones you care about having chains on; for example, low mobility friendly heroes in the backline wouldn’t be able to move chains on enemies very effectively, and high mobility enemy heroes could move themselves very well to make sure their chains don’t hurt their team. You can even use Calculate to switch Abathur’s color mid-fight if you change your mind on who you want Arcane Edge targets to be. I’ll still think about it, but I feel like it treads on the gimmick a little bit so I don’t want to rush into it.

Any numbers in particular that you think need a buff? I’m not averse to making him a little stronger, I just wanted to err on the side of caution when a hero is built around low cooldown, point-and-click abilities.

1 Like

Basically all of them (especially the healing numbers). Rehgar chain heal does 780 across all its targets and some of the more pure healers like malf can easily do thousands of healing in a few seconds at level 1. Hots generally dosent pull its punches when it comes to aoe healing. For the most part, they are all just slightly less the your average single target heal and the single target heals are generally bigger then damaging abilities from most abilities. Anas ultra spammy Q heals for almost 200 and alex Q nukes her allies for over 400 with out dragon form.

I think Q could easily become a skillshot and E be a weird area skill shot where you hold and drag like you would with a ping to chose your color. Would be an easy way to add in some fun.

1 Like

Alright, I’m hopping off for now but I’ll include some number buffs in my first set of changes. Thanks!

I considered this and would’ve also made W a skillshot since they’re intended to be extremely similar for flavor. I ended up deciding that color management and target choice was where I wanted the skill focus of Q and W to come from, and making these abilities into skillshots would distract from that. It’s not off the table but I’ll probably still avoid it for now.

It’s an interesting idea, but I think for Arcane Edge it’s more intuitive to just click a hero of your choice. This change would also represent another weird hero-specific menu pop-up which I generally try to avoid, and I already included one with Calculate (since it felt like the ability would be ridiculously awkward and sometimes impossible to properly use without it).

1 Like

Um, i dont see any RNG on his abilities.

You can always pick Red Q quest and delete RNG.

Only trolls pick rain, so i dont care.

Imp E hits random enemies in range. Thralls red quest dosent remove the rng, it just makes it prefer heroes and only apon completion. Vallas Q is also random when used on non heroes.

1 Like

You just defeated your own argument. This concept comes with a baseline method to counteract his RNG into what he wants. That’s better than Thrall, who still has RNG after that quest because it still targets a random hero if it can. (o_o)

3 Likes

Its actually hits closest to you.

Removes, because it also will target the closest hero.

Zagara roachling and deckard ruby pots spawning is also random.

And tracer richochet will target random enemies or random heroes if there’s more then 1

March of the morlocks is also random.

MANY sound effects and some animations have randomness as well.

2 Likes

Imperius’ E is definitely random, and it’s description doesn’t even hint at having consistency.

Shroud Imperius in flames for 3 seconds, striking a nearby enemy for 19 damage every 0.25 seconds. Imperius heals for 50% of the damage dealt increased to 100% against Heroes.

As someone who’s played Imperius, the only guarantee is that it always seems to tick once on enemies impaled by his Q. Similarly, Thrall also has no consistent bounces, nor does his talemt say that.

After hitting multiple Heroes 30 times, Chain Lightning prioritzes bouncing to Heroes.

Now, can you politely stop derailing this thread with pointless, petty nonsense?

2 Likes

These doesnt affect game so much (except tracer)/

Sorry to original post but about you red boy blaze you are just blaming people both in the forums and another web sites especial Heroes fire web site, I am following your posts in recent days too, most of them are actually destructive and the people are upset of you.

These behaviors seem to be intentional, pay more attention to your own behaviors, I am not just saying these compliment because I am against your idea, no, I don’t care it. I am speaking about the behaviors.

1 Like