[HC] Corla Herald of the Twilight

CORLA

HERALD OF THE TWILIGHT

Corla was once powerful mage of Kirin Tor, but after seeing Lordaeron burn around her, she fell under the influence of the Old gods. Now she has become a dedicated member of Twilight Hammer.

In the Nexus Corla is an agressive ranged healer who focuses on weaking enemies and delaying damage on allies. Corla can use her dark powers to disrupt her enemies and deal suprising amount of damage over time.

COMBAT TRAIT

EVOCATION (D)

Cooldown: 80 seconds
Mana: 60

AoE
Activate to remove all DoT from allies in an area. Withing next 4 seconds Corla can reactivate the ability to fire a medium range skillshot that transfers the highest DoT removed to first enemy hero it hits. If Corla fails to trasfer the DoT to an enemy she will suffer it herself.
Every time Corla deals damage to enemies reduces cooldown by 0.25 second.
Passive:
Corla´s autoattacks deal damage over time.
Corla heals herself for 5% of damage dealt.

HERALD OF THE TWILIGHT
Health: 1450 (+4%)
Regeneration: 3.8 (+4%)
Mana: 500 (+10)
Mana regeneration: 3 (+1)
Damage: 30 + 60 over 4 seconds (+4%)
Attack speed: 1.25

PRIMARY ABILITIES

WEAKENING CURSE (Q)

Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana: 35

Skillshot
Corla fires a bolt of dark energy in the targeted direction. The bolt deals 50 damage to first enemy hero hit and further 150 damage over 6 seconds, the enemy have their damage reduced by 25% and they are slowed by 20% for the duration of the DoT and the slow increases by 5% every second
The bolt deals 180 damage over 3 seconds to all non-heroic enemies in its path.

UNHOLY PACT (W)
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Mana: 30

Point and click
Heal target for 600 health but deal 300 damage over 10 seconds. Using this on ally who is already under effect of UNHOLY PACT (W) increases the DoT by 50 damage up to 5 times (600 healing and 550 DoT).

DEMONIC PULL (E)
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Mana: 60

Vector targeting
Corla summons a tentacle that extends forward dealing 110 damage to non-heroic enemies in its path. If the tentacle hits a hero it will pull him back to its casting point and deal 90 and further 120 damage over 3 seconds.

SECONDARY ABILITIES

TWILIGHT´S BLESSING
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Mana: 25

Removes all DoT from target and grants them unstoppable for 2 seconds.

Every time Corla deals damage to enemies reduces cooldown by 0.25 second.
Cannot be used on herself.

HEROIC ABILITIES

TWISTED EVOLUTION (R1)

Cooldown: 80 seconds
Mana: 70

Point and click
Corla empowers allied hero with the power of the Old gods. The specific effects depend on the hero class:
Warrior: Gain shield equal to 20% of their maximum health and autoattacks slow target by 15% for 3 seconds and heal for 1% of maximum health.
Melee assasin and bruiser: Gain 10% more damage, 30% movement speed and heal for 10% of all damage dealt.
Ranged assasin : Gain 10% spell power and autoattacks deals additional 40% damage to enemies over 4 seconds.
Healer and Support: 10% spell power and 10% faster cooldowns

All effects last 6 seconds.
Can be used on yourself.

VOID APPATRITION (R2)
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Mana: 65

Summon and skillshot
Corla summons Void appatrition that has half of her current health and deals half of her damage. Void appatrition follows Corla and attacks the same targeted for 5 seconds. While the Void appatrition is active, Corla can reactivate the ability to sent it in the targeted direction. If the projectile hits an enemy hero they take 500 damage over 5 seconds and are feared for 2 seconds.

TALENT TREE

Level 1
Blood sacrifice: Quest: Participate in 10 hero takedowns:
Reward: Gain 5% spell power
Quest: Hit 50 heroes with auttoatacks.
Reward: Gain 10 + 20 over time autoattack damage.

Tribute to the masters: Quest: Gather regeneration globes .
Reward: Each globe gathered increase the healing of UNHOLY PACT (W) by 10 but the DoT by 5. Maximum of 10 stacks.
Reward: At maximum stacks Corla gains 50 maximum mana.

Twilight closes: Increase the cooldown reduction of EVOCATION (D) by 0.25 second.

Level 4
Essence drain: Doubles the passive healing on Corla´s trait and she now recharges 1 mana every time she damages an enemy.

C’Thun´s corruption: WEAKENING CURSE (Q) deals additional 3% of target´s maximum health as damage over 3 seconds.

Twilight´s blessing: Active ability(Describtion in abilities section)

Level 7
Yogg-Saron´s hunger: Hero with UNHOLY PACT (W) heals for 15% of all damage they deal.

N’Zoth´s elusivness: Hero with UNHOLY PACT (W) gains 20% increased movement speed.

Y’shaarj’s curse: Increase the slow of WEAKENING CURSE (Q) to 30% and hitting an enemy hero with WEAKENING CURSE (Q) applies Mark of Twilight to the enemy for 5 seconds. If Corla damages the marked enemy they take additional 100 damage over 10 seconds and Corla gets 2% of her maximum mana.

Level 10
TWISTED EVOLUTION (R1): Heroic ability(Describtion in abilities section)

VOID APPATRITION (R2): Heroic ability(Describtion in abilities section)

Level 13
Nightmare made manifest: EVOCATION (D) summons a tentacle with 450 health that deals 83 damage per second to nearest enemy prioritizing heroes. Last 5 seconds.

Forbidden knowledge: Gain 5% spell power and further 1% spell power when autoattacking a hero for 10 seconds. Stack up to 10 times.

Unholy curse: Hitting heroes with WEAKENING CURSE (Q) reduce the cooldown of UNHOLY PACT (W) by 2 seconds. Cooldown of WEAKENING CURSE (Q) recharges 10% faster for every hero with UNHOLY PACT (W).

Level 16
Gift for the loyal: UNHOLY PACT (W) decreases the cooldown of EVOCATION (D) by 2 seconds.

Saronite armor: Hero with UNHOLY PACT (W) gains 25 armor.

Terrify: DEMONIC PULL (E) silences the target for 1 second and slows them by 20% for 3 seconds after pull.

Level 20
Unnatural selection (R1): TWISTED EVOLUTION (R1) has its cooldown reduced by 10 seconds and weakened version (5% spell power and 5% faster cooldowns) is automatically cast on Corla when used on someone else but it can´t be used on Corla.

Void horrors (R2): VOID APPATRITION (R2) summons second Void appatrition. Secondary ability has two charges now.

Hatred from beyond: WEAKENING CURSE (Q) range is increased by 30% and it now pierces 1 enemy hero.

C’Thun´s grasp: Hero hit by DEMONIC PULL (E) has their armor reduced by 30 for 3 seconds.

1 Like

You’ve been giving me a lot of review love recently, so it’s about time I return the favor. I will admit, Corla surprised me as a character choice, so I’m interested in seeing what you made out of her.

This is a really interesting ability, but how far is the skillshot, and is it linear? Also, a nitpick moment, but I’d recommend saving the name Evocation for the mage spell Evocation, since it would probably lead to confusion.

This should really be part of the trait as a passive part of it. If it’s attached to the basic attack, it is really unintuitive for the players and people playing against Corla.

This seems really, really similar to a very powerful form of Stukov’s W, besides it stopping on the first hero hit. I feel like there needs to be efforts taken here to make the ability feel more interesting. Also, the damage is really high and the mana cost is really low, especially for a healer/support.

I’m always quite cautious about including spells like this; they are interesting, but they can quickly kill allies if not careful, which opens a whole slew of additional questions of kill credit and whatnot. Adding that the follow-up damage is non-lethal could help the issue minorly, but might open up new issues.

I’m not sure I’m catching this correctly. Is this just Stitche’s pull, is it vector targeting (which would be interesting), is it like Orisa’s Halt!, which pulls enemies to an area? If it is just Stitches pull with damage over time, it is rather boring and should be changed around to be more unique.

Besides this not being updated for the new roles, I find little wrong with this. It’s quite interesting, and offers new ways to shake up the game. I do feel its quite a bit weak on the non-warrior buffs, especially with such a long cooldown. I think the effects should be upped rather than the cooldown cut, and perhaps add more interesting buffs for support/assassin, like the warrior one?

Pretty simple but pretty solid. I don’t have many problems with this overall.

Some talents seem a bit weak atm, namely Blood Sacrifice and C’Thun’s Corruption (1% of a hero’s damage every second for 3 seconds every 10 seconds is pretty weak). For Tier 3, I find it odd you broke the old god name trope with Demonic Curse. I think Y’shaarj’s Curse would be much more interesting. Overall, I see several talents that make one ability reduce the cooldown of another, and it just seems like you wanted to push forward a keyboard jockey playstyle, which is fine as a concept, but I wonder if it works on this concept in particular. Maybe look to making the combo abilities a bit more interesting, rather that just simple cooldown reductions?

I know Terrible Reach is like Fish Hook, but I really think it could be made more interesting.

For Unnatural Selection, it might be cool to have her gain the effects of the heroic she casts on allies, so the player has more creative ways to use the ability. Remember, Tier 7 is supposed to break some rules and be your capstone. The talents should be exciting.

Void Horrors gives you two apparitions; do you get two charges of the firing the apparition out?

Vulnerability Curse seems pretty basic for a capstone, though it’s power makes it acceptable I suppose.

Overall pretty solid of a concept. There are some interesting things here and there. While I think some abilities could be made more interesting to really push the theme you were going for, I think it’s a solid rough draft for an evil support.

1 Like

I actually created the base of the concept first and choose Corla for it later.
The concept itself is loosely based on Occultist class in Darkest Dungeon (Turn-based RPG).

The skillshot has medium range and it goes in a straight line. I don’t have a better name for it a but if you have one it is welcomed.

Done.

I nerfed the damage and increased the mana cost.
Well the value comes from setup both for allies and DEMONIC PULL (E). Maybe I could add baseline armor or damage reduction?

Well her main theme is that she delays death more than she saves her allies and UNHOLY PACT(W) is key to her kit. Plus the DoT works sort of like a shield and will never kill an ally in fact. Because of that takedown would simply go to last enemy that dealt damage.

I made it vector targeted. Thanks for the suggestion.

I updated the roles and flashed out the effects a bit. Better?

Thanks

I generaly like heroes with low downtime so you can always have impact.
The two main combos are between D and W and between Q and E.

I will try to improve the talents a bit.

Yes

Thank you very much for the helpfull feedback :purple_heart: