[HC] Admiral Proudmoore

DAELIN PROUDMOORE

GRAND ADMIRAL OF THE ALLIANCE

Daelin Proudmoore, king of the Kul Tiras, was experienced naval commander and beloved leader. Because of that and the fact that most of naval forces of the Alliance were provided by Kul Tiras, he was choosen the Grand Admiral during Second war. He valiantly fought Horde navy and scored multiple victories. During the Third war Daelin led a Kul Tiran expedition to Kalimdor, there he was batrayed by his daughter Jaina and killed by the savage Horde.

Daelin is melee bruiser who uses both his martial experience and hydromancer powers to defeat his enemies.

STATS:

Health: 2350 (+4%)
Regeneration: 4.3 (+4%)
Mana: 500 (+10)
Mana regeneration: 3 (+1)
Damage: 105 (+4%)
Attack speed: 1.1

COMBAT TRAIT

SEA BREEZE (D)
Active:
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Mana: 10 + 5 per second the spell remains active

Surrounds Daelin in a aura of wind. Deals 15 damage to all enemies and apply stacking 1% slow every second. The slow last 3 seconds and can stack to maximum of 40%. Daelin gets 10 health + 2 for every enemy (doubled against heroes) per second.

Passive:
Every 20 seconds Daelin restores 120 hp and 30 mana. Doing damage to enemies reduce the cooldown by 0.5 second(doubled against heroes).

PRIMARY ABILITIES

DUELIST´S ADVANCE (Q)
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Mana: 40

Daelin steps forward and slashes his sword dealing 190 damage to all enemies in a cone in front of him.

SIDESTEP (W)
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Mana: 40

Daelin moves aside a short distance and evades all autoattacks for 1.5 seconds.

PISTOL SHOT (E)
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana: 50

Skillshot
Daelin fires his pistol dealing 150 damage to first enemy hit and slow them by 20% for 3 seconds.

SECONDARY ABILITIES

EYE OF THE STORM
Cooldown: 60 seconds

Teleport to nearby location and gain free SEA BREEZE (D) for 3 seconds.

HEROIC ABILITIES

TIDAL WAVE (R1)
Cooldown: 80 seconds
Mana: 60

Vector targeting
Summon a water wave that deals 230 damage to enemies and pushes them short distance in the targeted direction.

CANNONADE (R2)
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Mana: 55

AoE
Mark an area for Daelin´s ship to fire at. Fires 8 cannonballs onto enemies in the area prioritizng heroes. Cannonballs deal 200 damage in a small area and slow enemies hit by 15%-

TALENT TREE

Level 1:
Whirlwind: Quest:Deal 300 damage to enemy heroes with SEA BREEZE (D).
Reward: Increase the damage by 0.5 (maximum 15).
Reward: After gaining the maximum stacks reduce the per second mana cost by 1.

Press the adventage: Quest: Hit enemy heroes with 3 autoattacks within 5 seconds of hitting them with PISTOL SHOT (E).
Reward: Increase the damage of PISTOL SHOT (E) by 2. Stacks 20 times.
Reward: After completing the quest 10 times reduce the cooldown of PISTOL SHOT (E) by 2 seconds.

Veteran shooter: Quest: Every Minion killed near you grants 0.2 Attack Damage, and Takedowns grant 0.5 Attack Damage.
Reward: Activate for Daelin´s autoattacks to become ranged for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds

Level 4:
Open vein: Daelin´s autoattacks and DUELIST´S ADVANCE (Q) deal additional 50% damage over 5 seconds.

Windblown: Daelin deals 15% more damage to enemies in the SEA BREEZE (D).

Flashfire gunpowder: Increase the range of PISTOL SHOT (E) by 20% and the slow by 10%

Level 7:
Grapeshot blast: PISTOL SHOT (E) deals 30% of its damage in a cone.

Sword dance: SIDESTEP (W) refreshes the cooldown of DUELIST´S ADVANCE (Q).

Riposte: Every 10 seconds gain 75 armor against next hero autoattack. Riposting an autoattack increases damage of Daelin´s next autoattack by 50%. Stores up to 3 charges. SIDESTEP (W) grants 1 charge.

Level 10:
TIDAL WAVE (R1): Heroic ability (Description in abilities section)

CANNONADE (R2): Heroic ability (Description in abilities section)

Level 13:
Orb of water: Daelin´s autoattacks slow enemies hit by 10% for 2 seconds. Increase the cooldown reduction of SEA BREEZE (D) by 0.25 seconds.

Orb of lightning: Daelin deals 16 damage per second to all nearby enemies, enemies hit by Daelin´s autoattacks take double damage and have their spell power reduced by 15% for 2 seconds.

Orb of wind: Daelin´s movement speed is increased by 10%. Autoattacking heroes increases both his attack and movement speed by 5% for 3 seconds, stacks 2 times.

Level 16:
Freezing breeze: Increase the slow stacks of SEA BREEZE (D) to 2%.

Point Blank shot: PISTOL SHOT (E) deals 50% more damage, restores 15 mana and has its cooldown reduced by 2 seconds if the enemy is hit within the first half of its range.

Expirienced duelist: Daelin´s next autoattack after DUELIST´S ADVANCE (Q) deals 10% more damage for each enemy hero hit.

Level 20:
Tsunami: TIDAL WAVE (R1) pushes enemies 50% further and slows them by 30% for 3 seconds.

Naval artillery: CANNONADE (R2) fires second volley 2 seconds after the primary one dealing 20% less damage.

Sea storm: SEA BREEZE (D) reduces enemy armor by 1 every 2 seconds to a maximum of 10 and increase the area by 30%.

Reinforced overcoat: Daelin gains 10 psychical armor and additional 10 armor for 3 seconds after using SIDESTEP (W).

Eye of the Storm: Active ability (Description in abilities section)

Link to Heroesfire:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/daelin-proudmoore-10495

1 Like

Take a look of my concept of him, if your interested!!

I’ll say, the kit is really interesting and it also made him very mobile :sweat_smile:, kinda reminds me of that Pirate Girl in LoL :sweat_smile:

I guess I’m looking for the “Classic Daelin” approach in terms of interpretation, like his unique Monsoon spell (i expect it to be here somewhere), I’m also looking for that similarities with “Dota 2s Kunkha character” i mean he was based on Daelin himself!!

Also i was looking for that “his sword clads in water” primary ability to empower his basic attack or he summons a naval ghost ships!!
But all and all its still awesome!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :grin:

The Daelin in WC3 was kinda mix of other heroes/units so I decided to give him new abilities. As for the Monsoon it was there, but overtime it evolved to what his trait is now. I think it fits better his role (Big channeled AoE is fine on someone like Gul’dan).
I also based his basic abilities loosely on the Highwayman class (aggresive damage dealer that moves around and evades enemy attacks) in Darkest Dungeon (turn based rpg). So parts of his kit come from there.

I checked out your concept. I think it is interesting different take on Daelin and could fill specific role in a team (Something like Maiev if I understand his kit correctly). My only suggestion would be to classify him as a melee assasin because he lacks the sustain bruisers are known for.

Ahhh ok!!!

To be frank, I still have no idea some of the differences of other roles besides the obvious, i made him Bruiser since, i dont really know, i guess it’s because we have enough assassins :sweat_smile:, and not all bruisers has self sustain sooo :sweat_smile:…

Wiki has info about both current and upcoming roles. Anyway Bruiser is a high damage high survivability hero but they usually lack reliable peel or something else that would make them a tank.

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking: okie fair enough :sweat_smile:

Thanks for explaining it to me :sweat_smile:

You are welcome :wink:

1 Like