Hanzo's Q ability and Yrel's abilities (quick cast)

I ask the developers to pay attention to the work of these abilities with the enabled quick cast. The mechanics of these abilities are the same, but when the quick cast is on, they work in different ways. If in the case of Yrel, we ourselves can choose when to press the ability again, as if there is no quick cast, then in the case of Hanzo, the ability works immediately, bypassing the preparation stage, and we have to turn off the quick cast + use 2 different buttons. Therefore, I ask developers to correct the work of Hanzo’s ability when the quick cast is on. Thx.

1 Like

Hanzo’s Q with either quick cast or on release work the same way, you press Q and hold if you want a longer range. As soon as you release it shoots the arrow.

Don’t see a problem with that.

1 Like

The problem is that the right mouse button is already held down for active movement. It is very inconvenient to constantly hold two mouse buttons at the same time.

It is not for me. You only need to hold Q, you don’t need to hold right click at all.

1 Like

That means thou are not a very good Hanzo player and y don’t know what I’m talking about.

Explain? :no_mouth:.

Lmfao, Hanzo is my main hero and I played him a lot :rofl: :rofl:

I just tested everything you said and it is working like I told you.

Quick cast is so inconvenient on Hanzo’s Q.
It forces you to shoot it even when you want to cancel it.
While not on quick cast, you can cancel it by pressing W, Z, S, H or D. It saves you mana and the CD.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the only downside of quickcast or on release. Probably because it is a charged ability.

But there’s no such thing as holding down 2 buttons like OP said.

1 Like

Yrel also charges her abilities. But she doesn’t need to hold down the button.

Just different heroes :man_shrugging:

You want everything to be blocked and no way to cancel Q like Yrel as well?

You can cancel QC by right clicking.

No, right click makes you move unless you changed it to something else.

But I just tested Hanzo’s Q with quickcast and on release, you just can’t cancel the ability with anything. Can only cancel with normal cast.

I guess right-click only works to cancel some others. But I did find you can cancel it with Escape. You then have to press it again to make the main menu go away. It’s really inconvenient for now, but at least it is a way to cancel Storm Bow.

You’d think maybe the Stop or Hold commands would work, but no.

1 Like

Yeah, if you have on release you can cancel most abilities with right click move. With Hanzo’s Q it doesn’t work because you can channel the ability while moving :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though this thread is old, I just now found the solution, hiding in plain sight. When you go to Hotkeys, then the Basic hotkeys, the command second from the right is for Cancel. By default it is mapped to Escape, which is awkward since by default that also brings up the menu. But you can map that Cancel command to some other key not being used and then use that to cancel Hanzo’s Q. I tried that and it works fine.

I tried this with Yrel but it still does not cancel hers when normally charged up. I guess that is unique to her. Although if you use her trait to instantly charge, that does not stay aimed while moving like it does when normally charged, so in that case it is, of course, cancelled simply by moving.

1 Like