Goodbye blizzard

Today I got tired of Hots, I used to love this game, but the trolling of the players, the bad match making of quick match, the so many afk make me say good bye to hots and most likely blizzard, the game experience is garbage now, they don’t care to do it better, So I’m going back to League of legends, i heard costumer services and feed backs are better. so that’s it. Blizzard it’s not what it use to be, and I know I’m not the only one.

9 Likes

Can I have all your stuff? O wait, wrong game…

11 Likes

…at least 20 characters…
And?

1 Like

I’m playing since the beta and it was awesome, but not now. but I don’t think blizzard care about anymore

That’s fine. Things change and not everything will stay the same forever. Playing games should be fun for you, so if you don’t have fun with hots anymore just go play something else.

GL in league!

18 Likes

Bye.

Hah im from alfa. My sad goodbye moment will be much sadder!

2 Likes
That's mean...

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Bye bye. :laughing: :man_shrugging:

Yeah i too would go to league if they really have a costumer service.

2 Likes

Ok well good luck I hear there are no AFKers in LOL and they purge the roles of trolls.

Could you explain what’s gotn worse?

To me everything since beta is stil there but better.
Really wondering what’s worse now than before, because i often see these posts but never any proper reasons.

2 Likes

Oof, your problem is the players but you’re going to League?

Real talk my guy, best MOBA players I’ve seen are in SMITE because they barely say anything. League’s playerbase did not earn its reputation by petting bunnies and handing out gold stars for good plays…
Not even dissin’ on you, trying to give a fair warning. Riot isn’t bad or anything but their playerbase stinks something fierce. (So does their feature creep but that’s a me thing)
Good luck I guess but if you want decent players I’d start anywhere but League of Legends…

3 Likes

Blizzard missed the point to turn quickplay into quick draft. Storm League provides me the best match quality by far. Unranked has not enough players - elos are very different, so is the match experience. Too many people are sitting in QM que instead of learning to draft in Unranked.

Blizzard is afraid to change quick match. Those people who find quick match horrible left the game a long time ago or play storm league all day. Those who are left are most likely happy with it and would leave the game if blizzard makes a quick draft out of it. So blizzard does nothing.

I even don’t understand if I que as a tank or healer that my compostion is still screwed up completely.

Normally as tank or healer I should get a standard comp of:

1. Tank
  2. Off-tank or meele assassin
  3. ranged assassins or support
  4. ranged assassin
  5. healer

Can it really be that hard to program it?

People who pick assassin should just play with and against assassins if they do not get que’ed with a standard comp.

Why do I need to play as a tank or healer in a full assassin composition. Most snowbally and more likely brawl games that are not fun for me. The game is not supposed to be played like this. Tassadar vs aba all day if I que as Tank or healer and we are missing the other part (tank or healer) in our and opponents team. Who writes those codes???

Blizzard should write a big textbox on your screen if they are missing healer or tanks in QM que like if you want to play a standard comp, please press on accept and choose a tank or a healer. We will bring you right into a full drafted game. You can still press no and play your brawl game but blizzard could try at least to get a better composition together.

Or simply just add quick draft. If you choose tank than you can only pick tank or offtanks and so on.

2 Likes

That’s not the issue. They once had it but the queue times raised significantly.

My summary:

1. Most successful teamcomps look like what you described (Tank, Heal, Melee/Bruiser, 1x ranged, 1x mage)
  2. Most people don’t want to play Heal or Tank or don’t want to win (HOTS phenomenon)
  3. Most healers are uninteresting to play and without individual playmaking potential
  4. Not enough Maintank releases and viable options to pick

So there are a few things Blizzard could do:

1. Nerfs all tanks and make it an optional pick (that would be the LoL way)
    2a. Introduce supports that don’t heal a lot and instead have utility and playmaking potential (LoL way as well)
    or
    2b. Introduce more burst damage and counter sustain heal (LoL way as well)
  2. Release fun to play Tanks plus Healers and completely rework the MVP system. It is highly ranged assassin favoured and make people feel that always the ranged “carried” the game, while this often isn’t true. It’s normal that tanks and melee assassin die more often than ranged heroes.

Since HOTS is HOTS and not LoL I would like to see them doing option 3. in some way and also do a role based queuing system.

They did it, people complained and moaned about increased queue times as the quality of matches went WAY up.

The community rejected it as a whole.

It sucks that it was rejected, because it was really nice for a while.

And, if you make QM into a draft, i’m out the door. It’s only going to add massive amounts of toxicity, or make me not play the hero i went into wanting to play. Outside of maybe jumping on if friends want to play from time to time.

4 Likes

Here is the formula, by the way, if it warrants more in depth discussion

* add kills

* add assists x [LostVikings=0.75, Abathur=0.75, other=1]

* add (timeSpentDead / gameLength) x 100 x [Murky=-1, Gall=-1, Cho=-0.85, other=-0.5]

* add 1 if player has top hero damage of his team

* add 1 if player has top hero damage of the match (ignored, if both teams have the same top hero damage amount)

* add 1 if player has top siege damage of his team

* add 1 if player has top siege damage of the match (ignored, if both teams have the same top siege damage amount)

* add 1 if player has top healing of the match

* add 1 if player has top XP contribution of his team

* add 1 if player has top XP contribution of the match

* add 0.5 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of his team

* add 1 if player is Warrior and has top damage received of the match

* add 2 if player won the match

* add 2 x (siegeDamage / topSiegeDamageOfMatch) (ignored, if both teams have the same top siege damage amount)

* add 2 x (heroDamage / topHeroDamageOfMatch) (ignored, if both teams have the same top hero damage amount)

* add 2 x (xpContribution / topXpContributionOfMatch)

* add (healAmount / topHealAmountOfMatch) if player is Support

* add (damageTakenAmount / topDamageTakenAmountOfMatch) if player is Warrior

the real ranged assassins that it benefits are ones who rack up lots of aoe damage, as that counts minions and can get them siege and hero damage as the top of the match.

Lots of the “hyper carries” don’t rack up loads of siege damage, so they don’t actually have as much as oppritunity to get more bonus points than tanks. Granted, the “bonus points” for tanks being a higher cap is a bit offset by the death things.

Adding an individual death multiplier for roles would be interesting.

The game not move or develop anywhere, so it is not surprising that people get tired and does leave.

1 Like

you can get bored from something, and since HotS is in maintenance mode now and there’s some kind of magic related to hgc era that’s more low now, I understand it’s not that hot anymore

but the trolls/afk/matchmaking and everything are here since day 1, and it became way less fluent than 2+ years ago

thing is when you’re chaining a lot of garbage games it saps your mood to play the game so there’s this, as well as when you’re chaining nice games you kinda always want to play another one

if you don’t want to play HotS, don’t play it for the sake of whatever. New is usually always enjoyment so switching to another game which is alive like LoL is a good idea, even more that nothing prevents you to play HotS again if you want to so quit if it’s what you feel

The point has been beaten to death and back but quick match is operatively quick and not perfectly matchmade. That is why modes where you draft exist.

Even in your ideal stance, ending up with something totally jank is possible, which is why A) draft modes exist and B) quick match is just left as-is because even if it took the time to handpick it wouldn’t necessarily make games more even anyway.

It sure would, and did, slow up the queue process. And guess what? That’s just a matter of which of you guys come on to the forum to complain. Make it slow and all you guys disappear, and then the guys who don’t like slow-as-molasses queues come outta the woodwork to start complaining.

If there’s one lesson I’ve learned from playing around the MOBA market it’s that you never ever get to please everyone.