Good lord, this game is trash

I just think Blizz needs to remove unranked from smaller servers and maybe even the US. They would know the average queue times better to make such a determination.

2 Likes

Still getting that bug where every once in awhile I get a high pitched whine from the forums.

1 Like

What if i like crushing weaklings who want to give up the moment they need to do any effort under foot for extended periods ?
What if i want to report those who want to give up and see them banned or do infinite trips into leaver queue ?
What about my fun?

4 Likes

Yes, people hate watching team activities. That is why all professional sports are exclusively 1v1 competitions…

To say that a player in hots is somehow more reliant on their 4 teammates than a basketball or football player is to everyone else on the field is willing ignorant.

I would agree that there were too few stories to be told around players and teams, but that is a failure of Blizz and not of the game itself.

7 Likes

Where are you playing where its a 35 minute wait. I play ranked everyday and my longest wait is about 3-5 minutes.

Shhh I have a secret for you, they pick whatever they want in Ranked Too !!!

Just out of curiosity how is Blizzards pathetic management (no argument about that) going to fix you getting 10 murkys or bad picks in unranked. Do you really want J Allen Brack’s head popping up and saying “Dude you don’t really want to pick that”

1 Like

Actually I think they should remove QM instead of unranked in asia (or merge with EU server) , at least in unranked we can draft heroes for a more balanced composition.

Game is not trash, it’s just that complete idiots from the marketing department ran it to the ground. Also lets not pretend as if the pricing of in-game items was way off from which an average customer would consider acceptable. The game always had great potential but someone higher up never had believed in the product and cannibalised its budget for their yearly bonuses of few individuals that failed at exposing it to the masses in proper fashion.

We return to cancellation of HGC; it was dead before it started. If you need to throw money at something to make it successful in the first place it is bound to fail. If they didn’t try to monopolise the pro-scene this way, the backlash and wide spread abandonment by the very same gamers would not have occurred, at least not to this extent.

The developers and art department they have is still one of the best in the industry, its just the product management completely failed at their jobs - my guess would be through incompetence.

How hard would have it been to put a notification in-game with a link to the live tournament feed? How hard would have it been to put it on a launcher the same way they never miss a chance to promote a MTX mount for WoW on it?

The main point someone failed to realise that even if it is losing them money, HOTS is a product that is through general familiarity able to click with active users from any of their active franchises, and has the potential keep those people on the platform if they get bored of the main game for a while or until a new content patch gets released for what they usually play.

6 Likes

you: “i like seeing people suffer”

the 9 other people in the game: “end my suffering”

1 Like

You misunderstand. People like someone to follow. it’s why in sports, there are MVP’s who the crowds cheer for more often then the teams themselves. You can’t really do anything that helps you standout in heroes.

The number of potatoes in myy team at those hours is… unmatched… Holy $hi7!!!

While what i said is very caricatural competition is not a soft thing and it teaches really brutal lessons that you have to suffer to move forward (if you want to in the first place).
if you do not want to suffer go play vs easy AI.

well, you can post this all you want but karabas and zentrex wil show up and argue that the game it great, and devs do all they can, and nothing is wrong, . . . just move on good sir.

Like you, I love this game, and the mismanagement it’s recieved is pathetic. I really wish it were different, because I’d be a die hard fan if the game did anything to support competitive play. Blizz wants MOBA for noobs, and it’s working.

1 Like

Sounds tedious.

It’s easier to just not be a dck.

2 Likes

The “don’t like it, leave it” crowd never fails to do an amazing deservice to this game…

2 Likes

its a video game my dude

its made for fun

but blizzard likes to take out the fun parts of the game and then tortures its players

“suffer to move forward” is exactly how blizzard wants the game to go and is the reason its losing players cause they want them to suffer rather than play what the game is for. fun.

1 Like

Ah your “fun”… i do not have fun when people thinking like that play with me and ruon games because effort and discipline is foreign to them.
I don’t care if you live your life like that but please do not associate with me and go in your corner.
And guess what as long as i keep my feelings to myself and play without insulting people i bother no one and do not get banned.
You on the other hand…

That doesn’t only applies to HotS but several other Blizzard games. It’s like Activision/Blizzard used all their marketing for Overwatch and now got nothing left.

That’s why HOTS is great to play and boring to watch. Not every MOBA needs to be the same - if you like LOL/DOTA more then just play/follow those games, they have a pretty big esport scene…

I personally perfer to play HOTS over LOL every damn time!

I think the bigger issue(?) here about Hots not being fun to watch is that the game defies standard moba expectations that the audience has, where one player gets fed enough so he can demolish the enemy team and win on his own in the late game. It doesn’t allow individual players to get into the spotlight as frequently so naturally the fans are less enthusiastic about the whole thing. Not to devalue the whole concept of working as a team that is more drastically emphasised, but it’s a game with an entirely different team dynamics.

They were willing to experiment with neutral mobs, different objectives and different map concepts, and they found their niche audience, those that like the genre but still hate the competitor titles because they needlessly drag on for years before something interesting starts happening.

What could have been a cheap clone is a now a remarkably well-polished standalone product. It was shipped too late and it lacked proper promotion. With billions of kids flocking to Fortnite and games relying solely on streaming platforms and few social influencers to maintain their relevance for a few weeks before they are completely forgotten, I’m more than happy with what we have. Poor matchmaking is at fault of the player base as much as it is the backs of “incompetent” developers.

1 Like

just saying, blizzard shares your same point of view and it is the reason the game is going down

again its a matter of you finding something fun while the other 9 players in the game dont find the same thing fun

are you implying ive been banned? cause ive never been banned?