Good bye hots good bye blizzard

I healed people 150k without using hearthstone once but also utilizing bursts. I gave my team a advantage because I chose to hearthstone. I calculated my mana regeneration with one q+w per 10 seconds for the next objective and decided to keep my team on lanes for pushes. I won final fights by not spending my mana and I won games because I spent it. I won games because I knew my lategame limits of overspending and I did both bursts and prolonged heals. I won games because I wanted the sustain on holding the inquisition. I won games because I forgo the extra w heal and tap it twice for better burst because I calculated the difference. I won games because I institantly ccd someone and I won games because I didnt root someone even though I could. This hero taught me how to perfectly position with its high demand. This hero put emphasis also on great use of combat and use of multiple tools as well as a multipurpose button that made you question on each use. This hero wasnt for everyone but was balanced in any level of play given the builds. This hero was easily counterable in drafts. This hero was one of the most interactive healers to fight against. This hero had enough ceiling that people could solo main her to master even to grandmaster. This hero could dramatically change her playstyle through talents. This heros problems claimed by non whitemane players were not actually problems. This hero didnt need a rework. This hero was fun and rewarding to play and this hero made healing satisfying.

I played hots as solo support enjoyed it a lot and I believed in the game in this rough year all along. This patch broke my heart that I dont think blizzard is the same creative entertainer anymore. I quit hots, wanted to share my views, have a good day.

25 Likes

This is how you make people feel Blizzard, when you rework balanced heroes.

I felt the same way when they reworked Diablo to a useless meat shield. I hardly ever play this game anymore because all the heroes i have enjoyed have been ruined by reworks. Xul, Diablo, Chromie, Hammer the list goes on and on.

23 Likes

Bye I guess. (20 char)

11 Likes

We will lose more old players and I don’t think we will get more or at least same number of new players in this game.

17 Likes

If you do < type in here > without spacebars you dont have to type 20 char

Bye then :woman_shrugging:

This just proves that people hate changes and just quit things without even trying the changes.

22 Likes

The infinite mana thing was OP. It had to go, no matter the timings. Sorry.

9 Likes

You can’t be serious…

5 Likes

Why would anyone assume that someone hates changes while he provides a whole paragraph to show his feelings and knowledge about a change.

18 Likes

I for one am all for change, but the Whitemane changes are kinda disappointing. Still gonna play the game though. :slight_smile:
Edit: I’m gonna try her out when she is released though, who knows, maybe she will be fun.

2 Likes

Let’s see, have you tested every single possibility of the rework, builds, talents, comps, synergies for a couple weeks? Have you played with and against almost all heroes? Have you played a lot of games with the changes? Have you tested everything that has to be tested?

If the answer to that is a yes, then you are right.

7 Likes

Have you actually played games against real people as the new whitemane?
Like, an actual amount that lets you get a feel for how the hero plays?

You might find you don’t hate the rework.

I absolutely was livid with the Stitches rework when it went live. But, I played him, and some more… and, yeah. I like it better now. Except against stun heavy comps… Flea Bag… so imba, plz return Blizzard!

But seriously, “I’ve read the patch notes and have not played the hero with and against players and they’re not the same or enjoyable” IS A GARBAGE ARGUMENT.

It’s also a garbage reason to leave.

Whitemane might indeed end up in actual games being terrible. But maybe you’ll actually enjoy the new Whitemane more after you run a couple of games, 5-10, and understand the new talents. And if it is as you fear/state in this post? Well, at least you can say “yes, I tried the new Whitemane, my thoughts were confirmed”.

I honestly don’t get how people can cry that a change absolutely breaks the hero in a way that makes them unplayable, unless it literally takes the worst build the hero has, and nerfs it.

Which is what Abathur’s rework did, by the way. I did indeed cry about locusts on the new Abathur, because while they buffed it baseline, they nerfed it’s talents to the ground. Nerfing a niche, underpowered build (niche due to being weak). They over the next few patches fix it, and buffed it a fair bit over the pre-rework locusts.

8 Likes

Who is defending Blizzard? I don’t think I have seen a single person make a single defense towards Blizzard in this topic. (Also there’s that white knight stuff again…) And please make actual coherent sentences.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m clearly getting Activision-Blizzard’s back by… suggesting the OP actually try the rework before they declare the hero dead and their love of the game over.

They might well still feel the same way–and that is fine. And I wish them the best finding another game they can love, if they don’t have one already.
But, again, unless it’s something hilarious like nerfing the weakest build of the hero, there is little reason to cry about it before trying it in real games.

2 Likes

She feels like a better malfurion sans cc. Her choices on burst/cost is reduced. She does not do the pros cons analysis on using inquisition just as in her q “uther” build. She feels much less busy.

They attempted to keep her identity but we have similar hitting mind in anduin, malfurion and many healers, making her unique colour fade. And they wanted to make her more accessible.

2 Likes

It’s ok to throw terms like white knight around in 2019 for no reason apparently.

2 Likes

Apparently you’re a white knight nowadays just for not insulting Blizz in literally every sentence.

11 Likes

Based on real games against real players in draft, or at least with some form of matchmaking like QM?

No? Well, Gee, I’m just shocked!

I believe you can hate the new Whitemane.

Again, I just find the idea of saying they’re going to ruin the ability to play her at all without any actual games against real people in a setting where people “want to win” instead of “want to test/see the new things” is helpful towards getting actual experience towards that.

5 Likes

While I won’t be quitting, I don’t have to try a WM AA build to know that it will not be fun for me. They just have to keep reworking AA builds into heroes, and every time it ruins the fun and/or reduces the options of the hero for me.

In this case, they’re trading her amazingly-fun PvE build for an AA build I’m never going to play. What’s to try when I hate AA builds in general?

6 Likes

You may not like AA builds, but this game relies a lot on Auto Attacking, even with healers/tanks/supports/mages. If you are always auto attacking between abilities, an AA build will just make you stronger.

You can try her other build though, but you will still AA a lot with her anyway. In fact, if you are not AAing a lot with her now you shouldn’t play her at all D:

5 Likes