Genuine question: What actually counters Samuro

There is no “One Size Fits All” counter to Samuro like Tychus is to high HP pools or Zeratul is to mages.

Countering Samuro is primarily Map and play style dependent, and I’d break it down into three main categories:

1.) Counter him 1v1 (Braxis, Dragonshire toplane etc) with Illidan, Hogger, and to a lesser extent Sonya.
2.) Counter him in the team fight (like Battlefield of Eternity) with Genji, Tracer, Lunara. If they focus on him, when Samuro swaps out low hp, these heroes can quickly be ready and reliably kill him on his escapes. The Samuro has to change his plan and can’t do what he would usually want to then.
3.) Match his macro. He’s primarily a split push, experience bot who is really slippery. If you don’t let him free push and dedicate someone to soaking with him in lane and around the map, he’s not giving his team much advantage of having him.

You can also draft a self reliant team or your team be mindful of him and pounce the instant he tries anything and he really can’t do much. Samuro can’t take a hit at all and his cooldowns are long. Kill his clones immediately and he has to leave and is out for 16 seconds (12 or so with lv 13 CDR)

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Did somebody say…Kerrigan? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Im afraid Kerri combo is not hard for sam to dodge

Well, I was mainly joking, but there are a number of AoE talents that have nothing to do with The Combo:

• 1 - Fury of the Swarm
  • 4 - Psionic Pulse
  • 10 - Maelstrom
  • 20 - Psionic Shift

Say, doesn’t Jaina effectively wreck Samuro (dmg + chill)?

I hate Arthas against a diver. His peel is crap.

Quest stacks are not a counter to Samuro! Countering means preventing a character from doing what they’re good at.

If you’re trying to hard counter silence works stukov can 1 shot with help

Arthas can be a good counter to some drivers but you’ve got to be disciplined enough to be close enough to arthas to take shelter in his cold aura when you get jumped on.
Poor arthas is slow but if your both running towards eachother it can work out.

Jaina does alright. The cone of cold talent at 7 is particularly strong against Sam in a teamfight.

I’d refer to what Zathron says about Sam tho. Hes one of the best Sam players i know.

1 Like

The counter to samuro is not being a kill chasing knuckle dragger. Handle your macro.

1 Like