Game won't start

Hello,
for a couple of months now I wasn’t able to normally start Heroes, and I’m getting tired of it. The thing is, i open battle.net, start the game and it just doesnt start. If you stay and wait, after 15 minutes Heroes will ‘start’, but it’ll be all black and not responding. What I always have to do, after launching the game i restart my whole computer, start the game again and then it finally opens. I’ve tried re-installing the game, scan and repairing it and it doesn’t work. Can someone help me out, or point out the problem? Thanks.

Have you tried launching from the .exe directly instead of through launcher?

yes i would suggest trying that as well to see if it works. thats why it is there. its a good troubleshooting method to see if you can log into the game via that method. i am actually the one that pushed for manual login like that during alpha testing :slight_smile: . originally it wasnt there and it was like Hearthstone with its launcher only login :wink: . thats really annoying with things go wrong.

you can find it here:
..\Program Files\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe

just open that it it will take you to the game login screen where you can see if you can log in. if you can? there is nothing wrong with the game and you are authenticating to Battle.net as you normally should be.

likely the problem would be the Battle.net Launcher if you are able to login with this method. let us know what happens!

Thanks for the advice. It was my bad, it is not the launcher that is making me problems. The launcher works just fine, the problem starts when i press the ‘PLAY’ button. It says ‘Playing now’, but nothing happens. After 15 minutes a HOTS tab opens but its pitch black and doesnt respond. Usually, after pressing play, i restart my computer, open the launcher again, press play and then it starts, on my second try.

Hey there DrLuyo,

If the game takes a while to load up it usually means one of two things, either something is blocking the game exe (like anti-virus software) or there’s a driver/OS update needed.

Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus software protection, for example Avast has caused this type of issue in the past, and then test the game again.

I would also recommend double checking that your OS is up to date and update the drivers as well.