Game won't launch

When I launch the game it appears to load then it stops and exits, the battle.net app still thinks the game is running and I have to restart my PC every time. My drivers are up to date, every fix I’ve tried hasn’t worked. I don’t have Razor Synapse, even though it says that’s usually the cause for this sort of error. The scan and repair option also didn’t work yesterday, and this morning it worked but it says that everything is fine.

This error occurred mid match and I got thrown out of the game, and upon trying to reconnect I encountered this error and it has persisted. The game was also choppy and somewhat unresponsive beforehand, so if that gives a clue as to what the issue is great.

Hey RandomTag,

I understand HOTS is no longer launching on play after crashing. Let’s go ahead and try the following steps testing after each one. If it continues I think a ticket to our tech support reps would be the next best step so they can take a look at error logs and system files.

• Reset the in-game settings.
 From within the Desktop App, click on Heroes of the Storm and then the cog icon next to play. 
Select game settings.
Click Reset In-game options

• Windowed mode:
Again from the launcher click the cog icon next to play.
Select game settings.
    Check the Additional command line arguments box.
    Enter -Displaymode 0 and click done.