Game randomly disconnecting

My game randomly disconnects, all while I can speak to my friends on discord AND text through the battle net chat. Any hints where to start?

Hey RaphaelMG,

I’m not seeing any known issues around your area, so I would suggest starting with theses steps. You can also check out the forums here.

If none of those steps help, let’s get a MTR test:

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR.
  4. Type 54.207.104.145 in “host”
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Start the WinMTR before a game let it run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard” and paste here.

I’ve tried to run the WinMTR as well but some HotS matches I will sit in draft with a 2 minute + connection only to DC and get leaver status. This has only started recently since the DW update and even my Diablo 3 is DC’ing periodically. Is this just a new issue with BNet?

1 Like

Similar story here… the Heroes game client has been frequently disconnecting during the past week. Occasionally this occurs when I have an internet flutter, but not in every case. The game client takes so long to try and reconnect that the match is usually over. Resultantly, I am getting penalized for “disconnecting” when in actuality the client takes way too long (>5 min) to reconnect me to a match and I receive a “leaver” penalty even if it was the last 30s of a match (a recent brawl). Please look into this issue and determine if there are ways to improve reconnection times. Otherwise, there’s no point in playing games to try and remove the “leaver” penalty if I keep getting disconnected. And no, I don’t have satellite internet.