Game Lagging and freezing non stop

Hello,

I have been playing HoTS fine for few years but in recent months my game just freezes or lags so much that i cannot play at all.

My PC has always been connected via wired connection directly but I have also tested using WiFi as well and faced same issue.
I play other games including Overwatch, WoW etc and do not face these issue in any other game.

I have already updated (and rolled back and updated again) windows multiple times, updated drivers several times and have fresh installed and repaired the game after deleting cache and other folders too may be 4 - 5 times in past few months.

I have followed instructions and resolution steps already on the support forum such as the ones mentioned in:
Heroes of the Storm Forums few times too but to no avail.

All my graphic settings are set to lowest now (even though i can play other games at high settings) and have also disabled sound too.
I have just saved DxDiag file too and can send it your way if needed.

Please help to fix the lag issue/freezing

2 Likes

Is it constant lag, or does your screen kind of pause every 20 seconds for a second? If it’s just a pause every 20 seconds or so, and you have an NVIDIA card, install any NVIDIA drivers pre 400 series. I have the 399.24 drivers currently installed and it fixed the issue for me. I have tried EVERYTHING else possible to fix the issue, sound, settings, onedrive, windows defender, windows game mode etc etc etc. And going back to pre 400 series NVIDIA driver is the only thing that worked.
Good luck.

Thank you very much for your response binkso.

its constant for me and everything hangs for some time … but i will try pre 400 series driver…

Edit: I rolled back to 399.24 driver but still the same issue… game is very laggy and freezes every few seconds.

Would appreciate a proper technical support.

1 Like

i am experiencing the same issue on all blizzard games.

I join a hots game and it just starts to randomly freeze/lag. Does it every couple minutes sometimes. Sometimes it does it at the beginning of the round, sometimes in the middle sometimes at the end but for the most part its random.

I experience this exact same issue when playing WoW as well. Everytime i start playing i get the lag, then it goes away, then it comes back. I thought maybe it was my network but I have syslogs running with Debugging enabled and I monitor the live log as it occurs and theres NOTHING out of the ordinary.

Everyother online game I play works fine, just blizzard games for the last couple weeks have been a disaster. Literally unplayable when you’re in the middle of a team fight or when you’re sub 10% on a mythic raid boss as a tank and it freezes and you miss the single most important defensive in that fight.

Feedback from blizz would be nice.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem, did you ever get this fixed? Also do you mind if I ask if you have Comcast as your ISP?

Have not received any response or help from Blizzard yet.

Blizzard support please help.

Hello, for about 3 weeks I have had problems with the connection to the game servers, constantly the game was freezing every 1:30 min to 2:00 min and this last week is even more constant, it is so often that it affects Completly the experience of my games. The inputs that I put before the freeze remain etched and I move without being able to appreciate the image that returns to normal after 2 to 3 seconds since it freezes.

I verified my internet connection but this does not happen in any other game except for Hots, I even changed my router and verified if I had activated any proxy server but despite doing a lot of discards on my part I not able to find the solution. Many of my friends who follow the game also have the same error and apparently it is a matter of connectivity with the servers to which we are send us. I am in Peru I am referred to the Brazilian server or someone others who has issues. I would appreciate your support since it is quite difficult to play in this way the game.

Hi there, Peru!

Hey author! Why is you an open as here >eu< a link? This is the US of forum.