Game froze and went pitch black twice during a ranked game

My last ranked game as Jaina on Braxis Holdout got bugged. I noticed that when I was in the middle of the fight the game froze twice. First time I frantically alt-tabbed until I got back into the game. The second time I got disconnected in the final TF, just after I downed two of the enemy team. After the first froze my cooldown UI was messed up and the ability buttons that were on cooldown were shining brightly, making it harder for me to know which are active and which are not. The time in seconds remaining was displayed as well as the “hour hand”.

After each freeze the game went pitch black. The first time I was able to leave it and it appeared to be “not responding” in the Windows. The second time I had to shut down my computer via hard restart. I did not manage to notice any single trigger to these errors, but both happened in the middle of the TF with intense key-smashing.

I am running the latest drivers on a brand new PC that is working flawlessly otherwise and my connection was strong (the discord kept running smoothly as well as my internet browser).

My setup is: Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX - AMD B450, Kingston A2000, M.2 - 1TB
Kingston A2000, Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5700 XT 8G.

Since I was playing for the whole match and disconnected just before the final push on the core, I would appreciate it if I could be compensated for the rank points I lost (I am just after my placement games, so 505 ranked points is a lot). Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good one folks and have a blessed Christmas.

Wayshan

This same issue happens for me once every HOTS session. I have seen Blizzard blue text suggest hardware is overheating, drivers need to be reinstalled, and running the game without any other applications running, but from every thread I’ve read, Blizzard has no legitimate fix for this issue, and they are unwilling to fix it.