Game freezing everytime

I just had a horrible match where my game was freezing every 30 seconds, the freezes last about 8 seconds and i always got disconected after it, it came to a point where my character skill bar bugged and it was spamming it without me pressing anything (i was playing abathur).

My internet was not the problem since i was online in other games and didn’t got dc once, nor is my computer because i have played about 60 matchs and this never happened before…

This is a really game breaking problem and i almost made my team lose because of it, does anyone know about this problem and how to fix it?

So you ran tests to prove that your connection with Blizzard was not the problem while the issue was occurring? Just because connections to other servers work does not mean that connections to the HotS servers are working at that time. It could be a node between you and Blizzard that is overloaded, as is becoming more and more common in this day and age of pushing internet to its limits with streaming.

Next time it happens run win MTR, pathping, tracert and the like tests. If they show no issues then the issue must be that the game client is freezing periodically which could have a different set of causes.

1 Like

And how to i fix this node between me and blizzard? do i have to reset my internet connection or repair game files?

What i don’t understand is that when i got dced because of conection lost, i was still able to move around the map and look at things, but this time it was like i was looking at a screenshot for 10 seconds…

If evidence shows it is a node between you and Blizzard, then there is nothing on can really do. Your ISP is routing packets in a direction that comes across a congested internet backbone node causing massive packet loss. Of course this might not be the cause, hence the need to test for it.

So the game literally freezes? Like you cannot move your mouse even?

Try reinstalling graphic drivers. Especially NVidia has had some stability issues recently, which should be fixed with the latest driver versions.

Posting DXDiag listing might be useful in case anything pops out as a possible cause.

1 Like

Hey Kay,

Before getting too deep into troubleshooting, please be sure to run a winMTR test. Once the test is running play the game until the issue happens, then collect the results. Be sure to run this test for at least 15 minutes.

Once you have the results, post them either here or on imgur and post a link to it. If posting links just replace any decimals with asterisk like so: Imgur*com/abc123

The results of this test should help us identify where the problem is happening so that way we can provide better information on how to resolve it.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have the problem anymore, i guess the update today fixed it, or the connection with the server was fixed somehow.

Thanks for the help anyways.