Game freezes on loading, then loads, then immediately disconnects me from game, and when I try to restart the client it immediately comes up with a server error

Reference the following Report ID: 7539EE90-6227-442E-A492-99D1319CD59A

Since the latest Heroes of the Storm patch (or maybe Bnet app patch?) I have been having troubles with ALL of my Blizzard games.
I managed to get Hearthstone & SC2 running with “Scan & Repair” tool, and I have followed all of the following recommendations linked on the battlenet support site as listed below:

1. I have scanned and repaired Heroes of the Storm multiple times. Both before, and after, checking my hard drive for errors (I used both “automatically fix file system errors” and “scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”).
  2. I have deleted all the .ipx files in my Heroes data folder
  3. I have un-installed and re-installed the Battlenet launcher and cleared the Battlenet cache folder in User\Appdata\Local\Battlenet
  4. I have released and renewed my IP and performed a DNS flush
  5. I have manually entered all TCP/UDP rules for incoming/outgoing traffic in Windows Firewall.
    NOTE: I use my phone as a hotspot for internet and it has no firewall like a router might.
  6. I have set Battlenet, HeroesSwitcher, and Heroes of the Storm to run as an administrator.
  7. I have tried disabling Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials completely.
  8. I have tried running the game with -dx9 as an additional startup command.
  9. I have tried running the game with no other applications or windows open.
  10. If not obvious at this point, I have restarted my PC multiple times.
  11. Performed Windows Update.

THE ISSUES I AM HAVING:
Even though I have my language set to English (US) and have not changed any preferences in my Battlenet app, it is showing me advertisements for the new Hearthstone expansion with cost in EURO instead of DOLLARS. I don’t know if this is related or not. When I clicked the Battlenet app to open a ticket it also brought me to the EU website.

NOTE: I do have “Americas” selected as my region when I log in, and when I click my battle tag in the Bnet app it says “Connected to: Americas.” When I am able to load Heroes of the Storm, it also has the Americas realm selected.

After I click “PLAY” on Battlenet, Heroes of the Storm may or may not have issues with “Streaming data…” After multiple attempts, the game will load, the screen will go black and Task Manager says the application is “Not Responding.” I set a command to run it in windowed mode and it does launch.

Windows Security with the latest patch also has a Windows Security pop up every single time I click “PLAY” asking “Do you want allow the following program to make changes to your computer: HeroesSwitcher.exe” with a Yes/No prompt. I did not have this issue prior to patch.

Twice I have loaded the game, clicked Ready, it does the 5-second countdown and then an error pops up stating “Unable to launch game.” I now have leaver status.

I try to click “Ready” again and then the game states “You cannot enter matchmaking while currently in a game.” I try to restart the application, and while Bnet launcher says “Initializing,” the “Streaming Data” window pops up for a fraction of a second and then an error window comes up stating “An error occurred while downloading game data from Blizzard’s servers. Please check your internet connection and try again later.” I have submitted multiple to Blizzard with the topmost code being the most recent attempt to launch the game.

I have NOT attempted to do a fresh install of the game as again, I use my phone as a wireless hotspot, and I don’t want to burn additional data on this issue. I am willing to try it but I only want to do it if it’s a sure thing.

Final note: You should make a forum exemption for linking battle dot net because “you can’t post links on the forum”

Edit: I did just try to load Hearthstone and it was stuck on the loading screen as well. All of my games are installed to an external hard-drive, is it possible that this is indicative of a hard-drive failure?
Edit2: Despite scanning and repairing SC2 twice it wants to do it again now.
Hard drive failure? Or an issue with the launcher?

Hey, Matt!

It looks like you are connecting through a mobile phone connection and you have the software installed on an external hard drive. Mobile connections and external hard drives are both unsupported. I would recommend reinstalling to an internal hard drive and trying a wired Ethernet connection on a broadband service.

The crashes are indicative of a poor connection to Battle.net CDN services, and it cannot reliably download the data. This could be from a permissions issue as you have it on an external hard drive, or it could be the unsupported mobile connection.

I have been playing all Blizzard games using a mobile phone with games installed to an external for 6 years and never had a problem until earlier this week, but thanks for replying. The highest speed hard line I can get is 512kbps DSL where I live so a 4g hotspot is the only thing that I can actually game with.

EDIT: If anyone else in the future has this issue, dragging the HOTS folder to my desktop hard-drive and relocating the game folder to there fixed my issue after adjusting the permissions for USER.

I assume my external HDD is dying.