Game freezes for 2-3 seconds every ~7 seconds

Hello.

Heroes has stated freezing all the time since 2 weeks ago…

I tried reinstalling the game, installing newer gpu driver, deleting the documents folder Heroes, and nothing helps.

But reinstalling drivers with clean install solves this, but only for the first run of the game. When I run the game again, the freezing resumes…

Other games work fine.
I am using Windows 10 on a quite powerful laptop.

Ideas?

Rollback drivers? Remove the game from your gpu provider panel? Or perhaps try changing in game graphic options.

I believe it has to do with either the settings on your Nvidia/AMD for the game panel or the new drivers, but trying to mess with the game’s settings could help so i recommend trying it. You can always reset them anyways.

Also try using high priority using task manager, its on the detail panel, click on cpu so the most cpu consuming program comes at top, right click Heroes and set it to high priority. Setting it to realtime can cause issues so not really recommending it.

I initially updated the drivers since the problem started with older drivers.
I tried changing many of the ingame settings, no good.

Hey there,

I’d check the GeForce Experience appto ensure it’s not automatically “Optimizing” the game settings for you. It usually works just great but every now and again I’ve had it optimize my games too hard and they started freezing. Disabling optimizations and restoring the settings to default should resolve such issues. I’d also check Nvidia Control Panel to change power management mode from normal to max performance.

If it’s still happening after that lets grab a DXDiag. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

Here you go. This is after a fresh gpu drivers clean install and playing the game once.
Pastebin since too many characters:

Hey again,

Since this is a laptop please be sure to have the device on a surface that will allow airflow to cool the device. One of the most common causes of freezing is due to thermal throttling for laptops. A cooling device is often used with laptops while gaming to reduce this threat.

It might also be good to use DDU to uninstall the graphics drivers then reinstall a fresh set from the Nvidia website.

I do hope the information helps. Let us know how things go!

my laptop is using 2 graphic cards one onboard card for low energy consumption and a nvidia geforce
i found my game experience improving after ensuring that the programm is run with my geforce.
for that i had to go to win settings>system>display
there look for the link to graphic settings
then search for the hots.exe and add it.
then click on it, go to options and pick the high performance gpu.

1 Like