Game crashes on start-up: Scan/Repair, reinstall hasn't helped

Every time I try to start up HotS (after hitting play on the launcher) the game will crash and give me the option to reopen or close. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as a scan/repair. The only thing it says is that ‘An unexpected fatal error has occurred’.

All of the threads I’ve looked in to are having different issues, but I haven’t been able to find a process or set of steps that have had any impact.

CaptainChunk,

Please try the steps in this article to see if they help to resolve your issue.

Heroes of the Storm Lockup and Crash Errors

If you are still having issues after this, please post your Error log from Heroes.

Obtaining Game Error Logs

Please use the Preformatted Text option when posting this information by pasting your information in, highlighting it and pressing the </> button above the text box.

Your information should be in a box like this.
1 Like

Hey, CaptainChunk!

It looks like this is a shader crash issue, likely related to your drivers for your Intel HD 3000 graphics processor. Can you please check Windows updates or your manufacturers website for your laptop and download and install the newest available graphics driver to see if it helps?

@Ibaraius The Intel site says that my drivers are up to date. After checking my graphics processor drivers and Windows updates I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling and scan/repair again to no avail.

Okay, it does appear Intel does not provide driver updates for a Intel HD 3000 on Windows 10. I would recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer to see if they have anything available.