Game crashes my system during match start

I’ve tried reinstalling via Nvidia’s clean install method which is recommended by the TS – didn’t resolve the issue.

I’ve tried disabling all apps on startup – game still crashes my PC.

It is only this game that has this issue and the only game that crashes in general.

This used to happen more recently which is why I have uninstalled it many times and avoided playing it, but now that the game is finding a new audience I have jumped back in only to rediscover the crashing issue which I had forgotten about. It used to only happen upon the match start as the announcer counted down to 1, it would always crash the moment before they say ‘one’. But recently since I reinstalled the game, it not only crashes at the very start of a match even before the timer goes off, but during a game as well. It’s now crashing upon starting a match, and even seconds after I return to a match from restarting my PC and game. It’s UNPLAYABLE. Everything freezes during a match and the screen will usually, but not always jump to a solid color filling the entire screen. From there I can either wait a about 5 minutes and the PC will restart on it’s own or I just hold power and hard restart, the latter done the most, because the PC usually just keeps running.
Asus Laptop
1080 GTX – not the Q variant.

Howdy Nazeebo,

If the computer is restarting by itself, this is a serious indication that there is a deeper problem. You can read about these issues here.

While it may only happen with a specific game, the game itself can’t cause the computer to restart. This usually happens due to overheating but could also point to a hardware problem. Unfortunately, these types of problems are difficult for us to analyze from our side and are outside our scope of support.

In this case, the only thing we can suggest is to try lowering all the settings and keep an eye on the temperatures of the computer. Otherwise, you would need to check with the manufacturer or a local PC tech who can take a closer look at the hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.