Game Crashes at Authentication

When I load up the game, it gets to the Authentication step on load screen then crashes to desktop.
I have read the forums and tried every fix from scan and repair, uninstall/reinstall, optimize my drives, scan drives for errors, deleting my battlenet and game folders, uninstalled and reinstalled battlenet client and uninstalled a bunch of apps and software that arent on the list of conflicts just in case. Nothing has worked and I would really enjoy playing the game again. It has been quite a while since.

Hey there,

I looked up the crashes that were being reported from your end, and it appears that this is being caused by a conflict with OneDrive. If OneDrive is syncing the Documents folder it will cause this type of crash with Heroes of the Storm.

To fix it, go into the OneDrive settings and unsync the Documents folder. Note that just uninstalling OneDrive will not work, so it must be unsynced first. This article may help:

1 Like

Alright did that. Now it crashes at startup

11E364DA-2B49-4743-BDB4-C04C148300D0

Hey again,

The latest error shows the same issue. Game is crashing due to OneDrive folder. This shows up in the error log:

C:\Users\HackM\OneDrive\Documents\Heroes of the Storm\Variables.txt

For things to work properly it needs to look like this:

C:\Users\HackM\Documents\Heroes of the Storm\Variables.txt

Double check the syncing and if the OneDrive folder still exists in your user directory try deleting it after the syncing is disabled.

Still works in 2023 :smiley: