Full Hero concept - Karax

Full Hero Concept : Karax

With the fact that Tassadar’s role has changed from Support to Assassin, the protoss race is in dire need of a support. Which is why I am suggesting Karax as a potential next support unit for the protoss race.

this is a full hero concept, meaning all the skills, talents, damage, cooldown ect , are all included in here as well. It will be a large read to go through but I have formatted everything to make it a bit easier to read.

KARAX

Origin : StarCraft
Race : Protoss

Class : Support

Strength : enabler and damage mitigation
Weakness : little means of options or defense if alone.

BASE STATS ( Level 20 )

Health : 1630
Mana : 690

Health Regeneration : 6.2
Mana Regeneration : 4.86

Auto Attack Damage : 305
Auto Attack speed : 0.65
Auto Attack Range : 2.5

RANGE (reference point)

SKILLS AND TRAIT

Q- Warp-in : 10 seconds , range 6 , 35 mana.
Target enemy minion, instantly kill them and after 4 seconds , warp in an ally protoss unit. The resulting unit and bonus are based on the converted unit . ( resulting units continue to behave like normal minions. )

Melee Minion = Sentinel ( +100% health / 100% attack damage )
Mage Minion = Energizer ( always active- guardian shield , provide nearby allies with 50 armor )
Archer Minion = Adept ( +100% damage against minions )
Catapult Minion = (mini) Immortal ( +100% damage against Structure )

*note : this skill is inspired from “reclamation” in LotV. the skill originally allows Karax to take any mechanical units from the enemy and use them as his own. given that minions arent really mechanical , i decided to tweak the functionality a bit to still allow the effect of instantly using more units but keep the protoss theme going. Sentinels are the Zealot equivalents for Karax , same for Energizers in regards to sentries . he does not however use Adepts, but it wasnt able to think of a better or more appropriate unit to use in place of the archer minions. i also thought of having the units able to be warped within the phase smith aura rather then using an enemy minion to do so, however i figured it would turn him into a monster summoner which wasn’t the main goal of his kit , so limiting it to minion might be the best way to balance it while still giving it potential

W- Chrono Boost : 12 seconds , Range 4, 55 mana
Target ally Hero’s cooldowns refreshes 100% faster for 4 seconds . ( can be self cast )

E- Purification Nova: 12 seconds, collision vs walls, 75 mana.
Upon casting , Karax becomes immobile. After 0.75 seconds, launch a purification nova that can be controlled and moved (100% speed) . After 3.5 seconds. The projectile detonates and deal 750 damage to all enemy targets caught in it. (blast radius range 4)

(purification nova )

R1- Solar Lance : 90 seconds , Global, Vision required.
Karax becomes immobile during cast preparation, click a location for the starting point and a second time for the direction/ end location 3 times. After completing the 3rd one, all 3 lasers will come down from the sky and scorch the ground dealing 150 damage per second to all enemies caught in the initial locations and then 3 seconds later will move to their designated directions dealing 650 damage.
( global , vision required )

R2- Chrono Wave : 100 seconds, Temporary range 10 aura/21 radius , 150 mana
for 5 seconds all nearby ( range 10 ) ally heroes’ cooldown refreshes 100% faster and cost 50% less mana

Trait - Master Phase Smith : aura, range 5, total radius 11
Ally structures and minions attack 100% faster. ally heroes regenerate 2.0 mana per seconds and gain 100 shield per second up to 900 shields. the shield decays by 50 points each second upon leaving Master Phase Smith’s range. Karax regenerate those values at 50% rate.

Master Phase Smith aura is represented by the same visual as a pylon power’s field

TALENTS

Level 1

Solar Forge – quest :
each regeneration globe increases Karax’s mana regeneration by 0.1 up to 1.5 and his mana pool by 5 .

Reward: all basic ability cooldown refreshes 50% faster when Karax is above 50% mana.

pride of the Phase Smith – Quest :
E, purification nova’s damage is permanently increased by 5 each time it damages an enemy hero. Bonus is double is purification nova kills an enemy hero.

Hand of the Phase Smith :
Trait, the healing effects of regeneration globes on ally heroes are extended for as long as the affected ally hero are within master phase smith aura. (does not apply to Karax)

Level 4

Khalai ingenuity :
Q, Warp-in gains an additional 2 charges and reduce the warp-in time by 2 seconds…

Chrono accelerator :

W, target’s base health and mana regeneration are increased by 250% for the duration of chrono boost.

Designated target :
trait, nearby structures and minions will prioritize enemy heroes as soon as they are within range.

Level 7

system disruption:
E, enemies hit by purification nova are silenced for 0.5 second and have their armor bonus removed for 3 seconds. (damage is applied before armor removal)

Primitive technology : 50 seconds, range 5
Active, Karax channels and target a nearby enemy structure and disables that structures preventing it from attacking for the duration of the channelling , up to 10 seconds . ( can be used on core but duration is reduced by 50%.)

Stable acceleration :
W, chrono boost’s duration is increased by 2 second

Level 10

R1- Solar Lance

R2- Chrono Wave :

Level 13

Purifier technology :
E, purification nova’s radius is increased by 2 .

Phasing projectile :
E, Purification nova can go through walls.

time warp : 60 seconds, range 2
Active, target mercenary camp or boss’ respawn location and instantly respawns them to allows to be defeated for capture. Refreshed camp will not display on enemy POV and will instead show regular cooldown. (cannot be used on a camp or boss if unit(s) are still active on the map)

Level 16

Warp Gate :
Q, Warp-in spawns 2 protoss unit instead of one.

Reconstruction Beam :
Trait : ally minions within Master Phase smith aura are healed by 175HP / seconds . structures are repaired for 1% HP per second. (up to 3 targets can be healed or repaired at the same time)

aggressive defense :
E, enemies hit by purification nova are blinded for 3 seconds and ally heroes within the blast radius instantly receive 450 shields. (shield last for 3 seconds)

Level 20

Scorched Earth :
R , Solar Lance leaves a trail of blue flames in its path dealing an additional 85 damage per second to enemy units . scorched earth last 10 seconds. (not stackable).

Chrono Overload :
R, Chrono wave duration is increased by 3 seconds and mana costs are reduced by an additional 25% .

Unity Barrier :

Trait, all ally hero gain 5 spell armor for each ally hero within Master Phase smith aura, up to a maximum of 25 spell armor. (including Karax)

Purifier protocol
E, Purification nova’s movement speed is increased by 20% and can be detonated early manually.

overall , Karax would be a great addition to the Hots roster, and would likely be one of the most fitting for the role of a support character. able to assist in ways different than direct healing , but also enables his own team . he would also be flexible enough to focus either on lane pushing, supporting his team , or dealing damage based on the needs of his team but would be left highly vulnerable if faced in a 1v1 without any allies or minion close to assist him.

he also has his own model in SC2 . in term character design it would possibly make things simpler and import his actual character model in Hots.

2 Likes

How does this even fits him???And also its a lot stronger than Sylv’s one.

Overpowered. 12 seconds cooldown for Nanoboost.

Even more overpowered.

2 Likes

it was a refference to the original use of reclamation where he could just convert any enemy mechanical units to his own.
immortals, stalkers or even collosus could be instantly converted.
since minions arent really mech but i still loved the idea i tweaked a bit of its effect.

also, sylvanas has a talent for it , but has abilities for damage, in this case , Karax effectively has only 1 basic skill for damage.

Nanoboost increases damage, restores a large chunk of mana as well and has 150% cooldown .

this one could very well be lol
but if we compare it to things like bloodlust, it doesnt heal, does not provide speed, does not provide extra damage either. i figured if it didnt had any of those extra features, it wouldnt be as OP as it would look at first glance since Karax doesnt easily deal damage on his own.

what about the rest of the kit ? of course number may need to be tweaked , but the general concept ?

He doesnt converts them. He takes them under control, not mutating them from warriors into some alines or mechs.

12 seconds for basic ability.

You are comparing an ult that buffs autoattacks with ult that just makes your team spam every ability very fast, which is a lot stronger than it seems. Chromie’s lvl 20 is weaker.

2 Likes

i deffintely agree with you there, i was completely off terminology wise , i knew it was not accurate to begin with and still went with it.
i changed the terms a bit to make it more logical now .

true, but if we look at ana’s kit, she has heals, heal prevention, sleep , DoT .
even on her own ana can easily solo many characters at lvl 20. but even without all that, what do you think would be a reasonable cooldown for that ability ?

That health is VERY low

So, is Warp-In a copy of the killed minion with extra bonuses or just one base unit? If the latter, what are minion stats?

This can be argued that this is as strong as Ana’s nano boost… On a 12 second cooldown. I’d lower the percent to 30%

Very scary for psuedo global damage, but balanced I think (if this is level 20). Still it seems a bit like rip-tire.

I love this ability lol

This on the other hand is just kinda lazy it’s an AOE version of the broken base ability.

it was to purposely make him weak to avoid having a new OP character dropping in. but added to that HP would be his passive shield that he grants.

it would be a base unit, that would simply have the minion’s stat + its respective bonus .

what about 50% ?
if we have a skill on 16 seconds for instance,
100% faster would be 8 seconds reduced off the CD.
50% faster would be 4 seconds reduced off the CD.

so a 16 second skill would be usable after 12 seconds if its 50% or 8 seconds if it would be 100%.

i deffintely didnt meat to have this on global, think of the disruptor unit , same idea.

here is what i meant,

nice :sunglasses:

i was originally thinking of a spell version of blood lust but was a bit scared to have it bring too OP.
how would you suggest to have it arranged ?

yeah 50% is acceptable, Kalax’s own cooldowns are probably too low anyways since with that CD, he’s able to keep that uptime pretty high on himself.

The way you have it phrased, you can kinda just hide behind a fort and blow up people laning.

I’d personally completely rework the ability, but if you REALLY want an AOE version of Bloodlust for Spells, I’d recommend doing mana restore + spell power for a few seconds (maybe 30% again)

1 Like

o boi, I was really really confused when I found the exact same post from the exact same time in Hero and Skin Suggestions ;D
Where’d my comment go?
It’s on the other Thread on General rofl.
Maybe keep one Thread and make the other advertise only. Adunno, it’s neater.

1 Like