[Fenix]- Divert Power: Weapons buff not refreshing from Bomb attack splashes when attacking Keep

Video example of the bug with an explanation here:

I have sent the replay file to the listed email in the attachment guidelines.

1 Like

My guess is that it only counts if the primary target is a hero, so the splash wouldn’t count. It is kinda weird though, because the nature of Phase Bomb is splash damage, so you’re technically hitting the heroes with the splash.

Blizzard should either make it so the splash also counts as a hit or add in the tooltip that the splash doesn’t count.

Splashing off minions, front towers/walls/gates all work fine and refresh if the splash hits a hero. I do so regularly. Proof: 2019 12 15 20 38 32 - YouTube

Forts, Well, Keep, and Core I can’t confirm if it works. That is the bug

1 Like

Well, if it works when the primary target is a minion, then it definitely should work when it is a structure.

Definitely a bug then.

1 Like

Spazzo on reddit seems to have identified that it is a bug with Arsenal Synergy’s bomb-empowerment, not the keep itself.

It won’t let me link the reddit thread, you can search it by the title of this thread tho.

1 Like

Are you also splashing an enemy hero while attacking the keep?
If not, it doesn’t seem like a bug. The refresh explicitly happens when attacking Heroes.

Yes, the video is 2 minutes and shows me clearly splashing heros. watch it before replying saying it is not a bug please.

1 Like

I did watch it.
The talent description says Basic Attacks against Heroes refresh the duration.

Splash damage from Basic Attacks is not included in the talent description.

except that splashing from minions, walls etc. refreshes it and always has. only arsenal empowered bomb splashes do not refresh it. It is a bug between the 2 talents.

1 Like

Ok, I found the topic on reddit, thanks to the user Spazzo I found out why. Normal Phase Bomb is treated by the game client as a completely separate ability from Phase Bomb empowered by Arsenal Synergy.

So if Arsenal Synergy is picked, Phase Bomb ignores further (certain?) talent upgrades, just more inconsistency.

Also good job extensively documenting the issue on YT, most players don’t bother.

1 Like

it doesnt ignore the talent upgrades, Arsenal empowered bombs still gain the damage bonus from future talents such as Divert power at 7 and Photonic Weaponry at 16. It’s just bugged on the splash checking targets differently which plays into divert power not recognizing that the splash is hitting heros.

1 Like

Have you tried if it still refreshes on targets that are very near the explosion? Maybe once the splash radius goes above 3.0 it doesn’t refresh (from the increased splash radius of Arsenal Synergy).
Sorry, can’t log in to test atm.

This bug is still an issue.

Interesting. Looking at the code posted by Metal, I see that the 2 ImpactSet’s at the top show that only the direct hit (MissleSearchImpactSet) is intended to refresh the DivertWeapons time, not the splash damage (as seen in the SplashImpactSet).

So it would seem that the intent is that Divert Weapons is to only refresh on direct hits of heroes, not splash. If that is, indeed, the intent then that should rightfully be mentioned in the tool tip.

Thus, the mistake appears to be having the normal “PhaseBombSplashSearch” EnumArea use “MissleSearchImpactSet” for its AreaArray when it should have been “SplashImpactSet” like is used in the ArsenalSynergySplashSearch.

TLDR; it would seem the bug is not that the Divert Weapons time was not reset in your video; the bug is that it is reset at other times, those other times being when the bomb is not empowered by Arsenal Synergy.

I would very much NOT like them to take that stance in fixing this bug. Maintaining Divert power is an important and high-risk/high reward playstyle optimization benefit for Fenix that heightens his skill ceiling in a great way.

Splashing bombs optimally is ALSO an important playstyle refinement that enhances Fenix’s skill ceiling in a great way.

The two synergize together, both enticing you to play on a razors edge for their benefits. Risk splashing by aiming differently so you can hit more targets means also potentially missing out on hitting your primary target.

I would MUCH rather Arsenal Synergy’s behavior match the baseline behavior of Phase Bomb in how it works with Divert Power.