Feedback for Chromie Rework (Edited from a previous reply to another post)

Just adapt to it man.

It’s just a different hero now. That means Chromie will be used for different reasons than the older version. It’s understandable that player don’t like it too much when their favorite hero gets changed but i personally like the rework.

Losing bye bye is a good trade for having VP on demand.

I agree, this rework is pure cancer and should be undone. In fact, they should have trusted PTR feedback to at least give some more testing time. But that’s that, chromie will become unplayable outside of QM: low noobs can’t play her, high level players will autoban her.

6 Likes

:frowning_face: :frowning: :slightly_frowning_face:

When they rework an Hero so deeply, someone will for sure be displeased.
The Chromie’s concept has changed and so her playstyle and role. People will adapt to it in time or simply stop playing her.

Imho, still better than just do a job like the Kerrigan’s one.

3 Likes

Hey there, I can see from where you are coming from making that reply, but posts warning of potential disciplinary actions against other users are frowned upon here, so you are better off changing that post.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome! Please Read Before Posting.:

yep, i had a pretty high win rate with her tbh. they took away her nuking potential imo though. she just doesnt seem that scary now as a mage.

since im not playing her now i am not even going to worry about the new skin. chromie feels worthless to me now so i dont need her new skin. i will just go play jaina, gul, and kt… they can all still blow ppl up just fine.

4 Likes

I can name around 5 heroes that you’d pick to counter Tracer or Genji and Chromie is not 1 of them.

I can assure you that is not a valid reason to pick Chromie. I can also name 10 heroes with better escapes and Chromie is still not one of them.

2 of which are not why one would play Chromie.

God forbid you adjust to a reworked hero, god forbid they might be good.

And by “other long range assassins” you mean Li-ming and maybe Hanzo since there are no other long ranged assassins other than hammer who Chromie still counters.

Chromie wasn’t a counter to hypermobile heroes. Any decent tracer will recall out of your loop and any decent Genji will pop deflect right when he gets looped. And then both with dive and kill you, and then safely dash out. If you honestly think Chromie countered hypermobility you must’ve been playing against complete scrubs.

Not really, no, Anub’arak is still top dog right now.

You’re comparing a level 13 talent to a basic ability, a level 20 talent, and trait. It’s literally not the same dude. Everything you compared it to requires a specific setup one way or another, Bye Bye had no cd and was an unconditional escape which if the enemy doesn’t have efficient cc, you could always escape. Good riddance to annoying trash I say.

7 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t even know such a rule exists. LOL.

1 Like

Tazrizen, you just hit it on the head. Die hard Chromie players do not play her to take camps, they play her for her predictive skill shot/reward game play and burst potential. The best part of playing Chromie was the imbalance of hero damage to siege. Now, she feels low impact and just plain boring. I have played over 3,000 games on Chromie and from my experience the people who were truly advocating a nerf were low skilled players who didn’t understand basic game mechanics. This is a flat out assassination of everything that made Chromie fun to play.

6 Likes

seems like you had no clue about basic game mechanics either.
low impact and boring?
chromie is a lot funner to play with manually activating her E
if you couldn’t see how powerful chromie’s lvl 18, then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Lol “bye bye” was the worst designed talent ever. She is supposed to be a hero where you need to position well, and “bye bye” took that away.

1 Like

I think you are one of those players who hated playing against Chromie. First of all, for that reason alone I won’t genuinely accept your replies. Second, Chromie is a combination of those characteristics, so you shouldn’t separate those. And of course I can think of other heroes who can achieve the same set of goals, but my point overall is that I dislike the fact that the developers had made Chromie lost her niche in the game. Seriously, with these changes, they should’ve just created a new hero!

Personally, I can always resort to playing other heroes available on my disposal. But making Chromie not bursty is just ridiculous!

1 Like

Yet again, they removed the uniqueness of a well designed hero. Diversifying bulls-hit. Now Chromie becomes another Jaina. Dragon’s Breath = Blizzard. Sand blast = Ice lance. Not exactly the same, but you get my point, they’re getting more and more similar. They tried to balance the gameplay too much that makes every hero so similar and can do pretty much the same things. Not every hero has to be good at PvP and has decent PvE. We pick different heroes because they’re good at different things. I’ve played many MOBA before, and HOTS’s heroes have the least uniqueness in gameplay and skills. And they’re making it worse every update.

3 Likes

Good points. People simply don’t want to admit this was a flat buff to chromie in exchange for Q hitting minions (which can also be considered a buff).

1 Like

Dude, I main Greymane, I have no trouble tearing Chromie to shreds.

Good, I don’t care, just means I’m right till proven otherwise.

She’s still an extreme range mage, that wasn’t lost upon translation. She just has a little less burst and more sustained damage, but overall, she does more damage.

It’s not as crazy as you think when you consider that Naz and Gul’dan who are both sustained damage mages can push out some of the highest numbers in the game.

1 Like

I seriously don’t get these threads. I’ve literally had several games with chromie where I’m just murdering everything. I’m playing her a lot more now, and taking a break because I don’t want to carry.

1 Like

Burst Mages are meant to have a huge surplus is Hero Damage, that’s just the way mages work, because most of their damage comes in waves and good players can heal up between them. This moves Chromie to the Sustained Mage role, which Sustained Damage dealers have certain criterias to pass, or else, you’d just pick a more reliable Sustain DPS.

Sustained Damage Dealers should be able to deal damage reliably, and constantly. Chromie’s Sand Blast has a 3 second cooldown between casts, by comparison, Guldan can fire every 1.5 seconds. His pierces and hers does not. Compared to other Mages she doesn’t fare much better as well, her damage is comparable to Jaina’s and Jaina doesn’t have cast times like she does, so the extra damage is needed to ensure when those attacks hit, they hit satisfyingly. Ming also doesn’t have a cast time, only travel time.

So she doesn’t fit a Sustain DPS role, despite her reduced damage and she doesn’t fit a Burst DPS role, despite her long cooldowns.

5 Likes

I agree with you so much on this one, a lot of the decisions they made seem to be really rash and they don’t make sense.

Due to the damage nerfs, of course you’d have to pick Sand Blast Quest or Dragon’s Breath Quest at level 1, Timewalker doesn’t seem like it should be taken instead of damage.

Andorhal Anomaly doesn’t make sense, what’s the point of laying out 3 traps if they all just detonate simultaneously?! There should be a way to individually detonate them. One suggestion I have is reducing the amount from 3 to 2, but assigning the key 1 for the first trap and key 2 for the second, D should always detonate the last one she created so that it still works as the player is used to.

The other 2 trap talents are ok at a glance, but the armor is the only one that makes sense after some playthroughs, the speed seems counter intuitive, since if you want to use it as an escape, you’d rather not be stuck for 2 seconds in one place. It makes it that you’d only use it for set up, but wouldn’t -20 armor be better since Chromie players can already time their shots?

Dragon’s Breath really took a dive this rework, they’ve made it so that getting hit by 2 still deals less damage than original DB, and that hitting 3 deals slightly above it, but the chances of that happening are slim, a root guarantees only 2 landing, the enemy literally has to walk in the direction of the breaths for all to hit. Which brings us to Mobius Loop, 1.5s per hero hit, per instance, highly unlikely to get maximum value because DB was more of a single target burst to begin with. My suggestion is they revert DB back to a single hit, slightly less damage is still better than 3 staggered hits, because at least when it hits, it hits hard.

SLOWING SANDS WAS SO TERRIBLY TUNED, instead of it being a zone of nope, it now slows enemies gradually when they enter the field, which removes a lot of the threat it had before. Not to mention, they heavily nerfed Slowing Sands, but then also buffed Temporal Loop (even though we know they want that 50-50 split when it comes to heroics) so of course people are going to pick Temporal so then they’ll have to either nerf Temporal or buff Slowing Sands, or do both, going back to our initial predicament. See what I mean by not making sense. I suggest just reverting Slowing Sands, no harm done for sure, or else, make the starting slow like 30-40% scaling up to 60-70%. I like the Temporal change tho.

The same can be said for her 13 talents, Gnome Speed is better because it has the least amount of limitations as to how to trigger it (all you have to do is cast Sand Blast) but gives a lot of value with movespeed, health and mana. Here and There would have contended with that amount of value if it didn’t have a range limit but because it does, why would you ever pick it over Gnome Speed? Time Out is also not as viable because it is single use on a very long cooldown, and given the fact you can self stasis with Time Trap. Just like the Heroics, you give a really good talent, then nerf the other two existing one, then come out next patch with a statement saying this talent is picked more than the others so you’re making adjustments, when in fact, just looking at it, you can already gauge the value difference.

16 talents were uninspired, they didn’t address the new Dragon’s Breath which would have been better IMO, and they didn’t adjust the talents, so you’d just pick the talent that gave you the most value, Chromie has less damage now, so of course you’d get Spell Power given the new clone passive now enables it more.

20 talents are where things get a bit interesting though, because after all those Chromie games, I find it hard to actually pick between CDR or Piercing Sands, which is a good thing, meaning the talents all have comparable value, it’s just a matter of, which one allows you to better adapt to your current match. I hate Slowing Sands’ upgrade but Temporal’s is nice.

I like the changes to Sand Blast and how it integrates with Basic Attacks as well as the Time Traps but the Dragon’s Breath change is really bad, otherwise, the rest I can live with (takes some getting used to though). Maybe one change to Sand Blast could be instead of colliding with minions, it passes through them, dealing 25% of the damage, only getting stopped by Mercs, Monsters, Structures or Heroes dealing the full damage. It would still make Piercing Sands a very enticing option at 20, but the difference wouldn’t be as much of a jump.

Another thing I’m realizing is Chromie becomes sort of like Probius where she has to set up her clones first to deal her maximum amount of damage output, which I don’t like, she always seemed to me more of an opportunistic hero, where if she catches someone off guard, she reaps amazing value for the team. Along the lines of “At the right place, at the right time,” which fits her lore and quirky character, as opposed to the “Having to set up, calm and collected play style” this rework brought in.

3 Likes

She is okey in terms of total damage. But it is not THAT chromie. The way to achieve high dmg now is not same it was. It is a new hero for me and I dont like her new playstyle. Probably going to play more kel thuzad now. Until they rework him to not “one shot people”. Strange that kael can blow up 80% hp of squishier hero with point and click ability.

4 Likes