Feedback about the new XP update

sorry mate but you have got it all wrong. This is a game to just kill opponent heroes. Noone should be interested in killing minions, unless you have sylvanas of course who should only push forts and kill minions. All other heroes are meant to fight for kills!! Don’t spread misinformation please.

1 Like

If one team plays like trash, it deserves to be stomped…

5 Likes

Sure, but that should be true for the entire game. A team that plays badly in the second half should be punished if their opponents play better, not get away with their mistakes because they have an early level or talent lead to carry them.

3 Likes

These are just my guesses based on what I’ve seen on YouTub and Twitch, and my knowledge of the game.

Well, I think the old version of the game (experience with buildings) was better. At the moment, if the “R” team shows aggression and quickly destroys one of the forts, it will gain a small advantage that will increase spontaneously until the end of the match. Team “B” must destroy R-fort as soon as possible, if it does not want to have problems with experience, or must kill more than opponents.
In the old version, the comeback mechanics were stronger. The experience with the buildings was always the same so we could talk about the “experience bank”. The buildings were like warehouses, we could decide when we want to gain experience from them. At the moment the faster the better. It seems to me that Anubarak + GMan compositions can be even stronger than before and only now can there be a real snowball problem.

The point is that destroying enemy buildings in, e.g., 15 minutes, practically gives us nothing. We are not able to catch up with the opponent if he created an advantage in earlygame.
Of course, it will be more difficult to create such an advantage, but it is even harder to compensate.
It’s possible that the game will put more emphasis on PvP to attract players from LOL and DOTA2, but I do not like it.

I still support the thesis that removing experience from buildings is a mistake. It would be better if Blizzard only limited to numerical values. I do not know what “internal tests” are, but a 50% reduction for all buildings should be enough.

Catapults after the destruction of the fort must be removed. Players will quickly learn to freeze the alley and this will lead to stupid situations.
The idea of ​​catapults is stupid, there is no explanation or justification.

I do not like these changes and I do not know if I will enjoy HOTS. For now, I am waiting, watching, comparing my opinions to the opinions of other players. I really would like Blizzard to stop “improving” characters and mechanics that are good.

6 Likes

I’m disappointed that the developers didn’t go all-in on the passive XP income boosts. I feel like Towers should give a 5% increase each instead of a flat XP value.

Really ,really terrible , it’s way worse than diablo immortal announce.We destroyed all of their forts , 1 keep , and we had 3 kills more than them , but guess what? We were the same lvl , we had 10% more exp in the same lvl.So , whatever you do , you are going to be same lvl anyway

6 Likes

One more thing is interesting to me, how much influence will Zagara, Murky, etc. have on the low-ranking game now?

1 Like

I haven’t had a game that got to level 20, even on winning teams. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want a 30 minute game, but if you don’t get to level 20 for the talents, that’s just bad game design.

Plus, didn’t Blizzard say this was supposed to STOP SNOWBALLING? It definitely doesn’t do that.

2 Likes

The key to snowballing is not just that the Nazeebo died a few times early game (early game kills don’t matter therefore early game deaths don’t matter if handled right) it’s that, not one of his teammates went to cover his lane while he was resurrecting.
The problem compounds if the losing team can’t judge when to and when not to engage on objective and go soak, instead they feed over trivial pursuits and lose the most important battles and you got a bouncing baby snowball on your hands that started from the xp loss at lane(s).

Somehow this translates to bad luck and misfortune that the losing team doesn’t understand to cover lanes and help their teammate in a troubled lane to keep up in xpand don’t know how to pick their battles. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It was way worse before because you had to constantly go back to lane to not lose soak, and a prolong team fight can lose you level lead even if you win. Now it actually let’s you keep the level advantage unlike before.

They just made the game slower after these changes, im not playing anymore if they do not return the game as it was supossed to be

changes are horrible. you took away the xp from buildings…so now if your team keeps losing team fights and pull out a total team wipe in your favor, theres nothing you can do to get back in the game anyway. another crap attempt that just makes this game more geared to esports nonsense

I really wish people would educate themselves on the topic and realize that this is anti-esports not anything that was put in to cater towards them. Why do you think literally every single pro player has been against these changes? It actually harms that level of play a lot, it’s targeted more towards the uncoordinated setting of the game.

4 Likes

Why would you keep the level advantage if you’re losing whole match , 20 minutes , having everything destroyed , from forts to keeps , having 10 kills less then victor team and still have the same level as them? Its good only for people who are bad

4 Likes

Trash changes. Just make the inevitable last forever.
No xp change will fix poor matchmaking

2 Likes

To be clear- the level advantage for the victor, currently. Not for the losing** team.
Before:

This was exactly the problem in the first PTR test. Because it meant everything early game was pretty much meaningless since you’re going to have the same level anyways at late game.

2 Likes

Absolutely. And if one team has a single good team fight, it shouldn’t mean a stomp for the rest of the game. Now making a mistake doesn’t cause a snowball.

People in the lower tier should notice it less snowbally. You’ll notice it more at higher competitive play. Causals I believe don’t notice the difference.

4 Likes

matches became so boring and emotionless after those exp changes, got longer too

The turnbacks are not the same