Feature request: Ranked play AFK like in Overwatch

First of all I really have no idea why this hasn’t been implemented already, since Overwatch is a Blizzard game, but hey…

A serious problem in ranked play is players going AFK, and while there can be many reasons for that, the fact is that AI is absurdly useless and the team with the AFK player will lose.

Another multiplayer game from the same developer called Overwatch handles this a lot better. If a player drops in a ranked match, they have 2-3 minutes to rejoin, after which time the team can leave the game with no penalty.

Please just do a copy/paste of this fantastic feature into HotS. Thank you!

1 Like

So what stops a player from leaving the game when they are losing? One player drops so the others avoid a loss?

that idea doesnt even make sense. Then no game will be played to the end cause when it looks like a team is going to lose, then someone would just quit and nothing happens? I bet no one would abuse this…

2 Likes

The leaver would have to get a gigantic penalty, for example an additional 400 point loss (remaining teammates would lose only 100 pts) on top of his normal 200 point loss.

But here is my problem with this idea: What if a premade team has a player on a throwaway account, whose rank points he doesn’t care about.

If it looks like his team is losing, he takes the penalty for his friends, and the 4 other players lose 100 less points (while throwaway account loses 600 for leaving).

How to prevent “friend abuse” in this scenario? I can’t think of it. Maybe making loss forgiveness only exist if all players are in solo queue?