Faulty Screen Makes Game Unplayable

Loading the game works just fine. Once you get to the main menu, however, none of the buttons work. Your mouse hovers over in the top left corner and is skewed all over the left top side of the screen. You can not click anything on about 75% of the screen. This was usually resolved by Alt + Tabbing, clicking around the screen for a moment, and then bringing the game back up to the forefront. I even tried reinstalling the game, but that didn’t work. Now I am completely unable to start a match, exit the game using the menu, or do quite literally anything. The game is unplayable.

Try deleting the settings file to restore to default game settings. This is usually located at C:\Users\USER_ACCOUNT_NAME\Documents\Heroes of the Storm\Variables.txt.

If this does not help you might need to try running the game in exclusive fullscreen mode (not windowed). If one cannot make this change in game then one can force it by modifying the above mentioned text file. I think the setting to change is displaymode which one would want to set to 2 like displaymode=2.

You might need to supply a dxdiag listing.

That sort of fixed the problem. I cleared everything from my Variables folder and the game loaded a little. Now my problem is that I wait at the authenticator part and then it tells me “there was an error” and I just have to close the game. The good part, however, is that my mouse works now. I replaced the variable folder with the old text and still got the error message.

At this point, I really am not too concerned anymore because Classic comes out on Tuesday, so I can live without HotS. I appreciate the help and helpfully others will be able to use this sometime in the future.