Farewell My Nexia! My Courtiers!

“The day has finally come, after much planning and arguing it is indeed the moment that we have seen in the omens. The Realms are ripping apart and the Crimson Court must flee Nexia if it is to survive the calamity.” Such are the thoughts of the Crimson King as he walks towards the Arcanum, past the long corridors he looks longingly at a view he will never see again.

The great Realm Gates flickering upon floating islands in a sea of iridescent clouds, towers and palaces kilometers tall and grand halls miles long defiant as the world is ending. The Crimson Court of Nexia.

“Greeting my Lord King” the guards open the doors to the Arcanum and are greeted by the sight of Deckard Cain, Probius and Gazlowe all speaking excitedly. Surrounded by massive tesla coils and level upon level of shelves burdened with scrolls and tomes, the fate of the Crimson Court hangs in the balance of their result.

“My Lord it is finished. The last stable Realm Gate in all Nexia is ready, we have managed to stabilize the Uraj and Khalis Crystals to take us from this place to a new land, a Sanctuary.” Deckard Caine solemnly brings the news, knowing that this is the end of an era.

“Well done my friends, then let us not waste time, begin the ritual and let us begin the Exodus. Tell the houses to assemble the hosts at the Courtyard of Hope” With those words from the King, the Court prepared for the Exodus long planned.

Ravens from the Raven Lord delivered the summons to all the High Lords, “assemble at the Courtyard of Hope for the day of Exodus has come”. Amid storm racked skies and shuddering earth, the Grand Hosts of Nexia marched one last time dressed in the panoply of an age never to be seen again. Tall and proud they marched past the Eternity Gate with heads held high even as the world is crumbling, from all corners of the realms they come drawn by the summons of the Crimson King.

From the balcony of the Palace of Sacrosanct, the Crimson King watches as slowly his courtiers fill the great courtyard even as the skies are torn apart, airships and dragons descend on the square all looking towards the man who they hope can save them all. The psionic shields are raised as meteors streak the heavens and the land groans at its own destruction.

With great solemnity the Crimson King delivers the eulogy to an age now ending. ““My Courtiers! The dream of paradise is now ending, the glory eternal has faded but we need not fear for Nexia is us and not these hollow shells. All of us will march towards a new home, a Sanctuary for us all”

“Begin the ritual!” With a massive clunk Gazlowe pulls the lever that lowers the Uraj and Khalis Crystals into the waiting hands of twin statues of hooded men flanking a massive henge gate. Probius activates the psionic matrix stabilizing the energies and Deckard Cain intones the arcane words of Opening that tears a hole into the Realm towards a new one.

“Tyrande send the scouts in and Uther marshal the army for a quick advance and set up a perimeter” commands the King “The Realm Gate opening has accelerated the destruction of the Realm my Lord!” Malfurion shouts. “Stabilize the land at all costs until everyone is through!”

“Onwards my courtiers! Onwards to Sanctuary!”

With those words the Crimson Court of Nexia marched forth and left their home to found a new one, with a last longing look at a realm now gone the Crimson King stepped into the Realm Gate, last to leave and entered Sanctuary.

Part 2 at the Diablo forums =) see all my fellow courtiers there!

1 Like

Is this some kind of viral marketing for D4, do you need my credit card details?

1 Like

nay, naive. Such frivoloties are beneath the benovolence of the recently departed king of the crimson courts.

His tales were more adundant in the yester of yester years — an era all but forgotten. Alas! He has thus deigned to descend upon us one last time before sailing to the sanctuary of Sanctuary.

The oceanic sky of stars is thus dimished with yet one more light departed.

2 Likes

get back to me when either
A) two dudes are making out
or
b) the story get a whole lot more interesting

3 Likes

So, which realm are you doing into?

I don’t know what’s going on but I’m into it.

2 Likes

too long didnt read

20 chars

Not a lot of people will remember the cool roleplay of the Crimson Court, but it looks like you still do =)

Bro, left us too soon. :pensive:

Courtiers we are now in Sanctuary!

3 Likes

No king rules forever. This is the way.

2 Likes

The Crimson king will be missed.

1 Like