False reports and how to break a system

This is exactly what they appear to be doing! lol

Who in their right mind is responsible for this system?

you are wrong if you think they review our reports, it is fully automated. it only discards reports for abusive chat if the person has said literally nothing. the moment they type they can be reported for abusive chat and it will contribute to the total needed for punishment to be dolled out by the system, if you see a extremely toxic person and he has a decently high level account there is a few way he can be avoiding the reports
swapping multiple accounts while waiting for them to decay over time
they barely play the game so they never get the amount of reports needed
they usually never talk

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your Heroes of the Storm account.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

You really have to wonder about internal dysfunction. This is the sort of thing you do when you throw your arms up, not when you’re trying to have any sort of proper system for your customers. Then they wonder why they don’t have money, which they likely squirreled away. I would imagine they are well on the plus side with this game before they drove it into the ground.

Do you understand the consequences of self-deception?

When a person is their own judge on how ‘predictable’ something is, they don’t actually have to be ‘right’ to think they are. You go on about how i’m “predictable”, but you show no understanding of what I actually write, and you aren’t going to do so because you aren’t reading it.

Much of the issues you raise with other responses you have been giving are ones you ‘dont understand’, so you disregard that, and go on to prattle on about how great you are, or how flawed and and everyone else is instead.

You’ve taken this approach that I’m ‘arguing’ something that I’m not, so you demonstrate that you don’t know what I’m writing, but you’ve convinced yourself it is ‘predictable’ so you don’t read it, which then means you don’t understand it. When people keep doing that, then I’m going to rephrase that that cycle is the main problem they are having, and so long as they keep doing it, they’ll keep having that same problem.

If you think it’s my problem that my posts in that regard are ‘predictable’ then you’re missing the point, and you wouldn’t be if you would bother to actually read and think these things through.

Yes, there isn’t anything ‘smart’ about what I wrote in identifying this problem, which is why it’s so mind-boggling bad when posters like yourself ‘don’t get it’ despite it being a ‘not smart thing’. Gee, a person that didn’t read something then doesn’t understand what it means. That isn’t a ‘hard’ concept, it’s basic consequences.

You’re on this ego trip that doesn’t;'t know how to distinguish anything apart from agree/disagree, and so you assume the content of the ‘argument’ and attack that instead. You are seeing my posting against you as thus ‘defending the game’ instead of me pointing out how far behind the curve you’ve been.

Most ‘people’ expect/demand some sort of ‘change’ from the game.

YOU have concluded that people are against ‘change’ because you aren’t reading and thinking this stuff through, so you don’t make the distinction between people not liking your ideas, not thinking them feasible, considering them unlikely due to other particulars you refuse to consider, and so on and so on with the main issue of your argument being you self-induced ignorance. However, since you’re so proud of yourself, you have to conclude that that isn’t the problem, and instead fork that off to other people.

However, the issue at hand with these sort of discussions is down to the people because – regardless of your opinion, suggested solution, or anything else that you don’t agree with – you aren’t the one in a position to change the game. I’m not either, and so are most other people.

The function concern is that the amount of work that people identify the game to need is that it’s likely to need an engine overhaul (due to how certain game systems are a consequence of the engine) or outright be a ‘new game’ that can re-sell what people already have as a means to support the game. Yes, you can claim you have ideas that don’t need such drastic changes, but having the time/personal to affect certain non-status-quo changes are going to need to involve time and internal changes that aren’t likely to happen right now.

Blizz is years behind on game releases, and a lot of the team/staff are working on those projects instead. So, at the least, until those are finished (made, polished, post-launch support, dlc/expansions) then the personal allotments aren’t going to change for the game.

And all of that is ‘known’ information, so my pointing it out – if you understand the perspective of many replies to you – makes that ‘predictable’. However, you seem more concerned with your own personal image of yourself to have understood much of any of those, and now here you are drawing awkward, disconnected conclusions that look to be you ‘frustrated’ with something that you really shouldn’t be because it’s ‘perceptible’.

So all of that needlessly posted boils down to you appearing to be the sort of person that claims something is ‘predictable’ – not because you actually saw patterns and noticed things – but because it’s easy enough to claim something is, and then not know the difference between actually knowing something, and being unaware of lying to oneself to hide their ignorance.

That’s part of why you fixate on insulting people, disregarding what they write, acting you know anyways, and then prattling off on redherrings and strawman in an awkward facade that people of your so-claimed capacity shouldn’t be doing if they actually knew better.

But so far, it looks like you don’t. So feel free to replace all that presumption with an actually sense of reading comprehension and put in the effort to ‘understand’ all the stuff you skimp over. Or just keep making yourself out to be your own problem. Like the game, the problems aren’t going to disappear on their own, and it’s going to take change to fix things.

But boy oh boy has that analogy not been considered by you because you have all those ‘immature twerps’ to fault instead of noticing how immature your responses have been.

1 Like

Sorry, dude, after mods stepped in to protect you in the other thread I’m not wasting any more of my time with you. As far as predictable goes, you just proved my point.

2 Likes

It seems to me they only care about abusive chat. My 5 man has a couple of people that all seemed to get banned at the same time so now we are a bit salty about it.

Cool name btw before i start, huge fan of a the PoC myself

I do have mails about people getting banned from AFKs/Non-participations.

But most reports i would assume is around the abusive chat reports.
Not only is that report at the top of the list when you click the report button, but it is also commonly used for when people think something is offensive, toxic, bad… like litteraly anything in chat gets grouped into there.

So i can see most reports that goes through would sit in the Abusive Chat reports, but then again, if people havn’t done anything wrong then blizzard is fairly quick to reply with a chat log for you to appeal the “ban sentence” if you feel that it is unfair.
I do know someone that appealed a silence ban but didn’t get it through because of his voulgar chat.
And then they responded within like an hour or so, which i would say is pretty quick.

I’m curious how long it will be before everyone realizes that this system needs to be trashed and replaced with a simple avoidance system.

They are never going to be able to police everyone in the game. They need to let players handle it themselves.

1 Like

Thanks :stuck_out_tongue: had this name for years on my PS3

I only know one person that has successfully appealed (but know several that haven’t) He didn’t get it the first time but on the 2nd appeal said that he didn’t swear and was merely explaining/teaching.

My point is I think it’s very easy to prove someone is “abusive” because swearing is definitive while inting or afk can be subjective but in my opinion is worse (to a point)

Edit: I made a subject on this a while ago about how I don’t think swearing is proof enough but doing this from my iPad so harder to link. Overall I think it needs a revamp

1 Like

The game is just overrun with bots and hackers because blizz won’t crack down on them

That is news to me, have perhaps seen an XP bot 3 times since beta, never have i seen a hacker in anyway, i can’t even understand how that would work even in a MOBA.

In combination with a no tolerance policy for “hate speech” as defined by the law; that’s the perfect system.

Best of both worlds. Now the worst trolls still get bopped for being bad while the laughably bad criteria for ‘abusive chat’ results in someone getting added to your ignore list.

Keep in mind this is the same abusive chat which finds saying ‘sigh’ to your allies as a bannable offense.