Error when loading the game

Ever since the new patch last week I can’t play the game I keep getting Error 2:-1073741819. I have tried the patch/repair option only worked one time. I just reinstalled the game didn’t work…

We often see this error related to the Razer Synapse software. If you do have this installed, let’s go ahead and remove it and give the game another try.

I don’t have that installed

Howdy!

Razer software is the most common reason for this exact error but if you do not use this software and it has not been installed on your system. The error itself is often caused by a third party conflict. Even Anti-virus can cause this error to occur. I would recommend the following steps to narrow this down:

1. Restart the system into Selective Startup. This will shut down background applications that normally startup with Windows.

2. If you have a third party anti-virus installed. Try either temporarily uninstalling it for testing or set it up to fully exclude the Blizzard app and Heroes of the Storm from all scans. You will normally find this as an exclusions option on the developer’s web site or their support can assist with this step.

Thank you.