Drustvar-esque Event

This thread was inspired by another thread suggesting “rip and tear” skins, which randomly reminded me of the witches from Drustvar with their creepo constructs and weird bloody rituals. There are tons of different skin ideas I think they could do with this, as well as tons of quest-like interactions if they were to make it into an event. Expect this to be a long thread to read!

I’ll start with all the potential skins that could be made from this.

1. Firstly, the most basic idea to do would be adding a particle effect/blue eye glow and recolor skin to any one of the humanoid characters in HotS, with or without new armor to fit the humans that were taken as mind slaves by the witches in Drustvar
    -Varian could be a Hexthralled Soldier
    -Tyrande could be a Hexthralled Falconer (turn her owl into a falcon)
    -Valla could be a Hexthralled Crossbowman
    -other humanoids could just have the recolor/particle effect (this could somewhat resemble the Army skins they added to Raynor, Deckard, and Varian in that it is one skin for different heroes)

Voice lines would follow suit with the ones in WoW:
-“Forgive… me…” (Perhaps upon getting a kill)
-“I am bidden…”
-“My life… for the coven…” (Respawning)
-“The Heartsbane commands…” (Respawning)
-“The Mother… guides my blade…”
-“Thank you…” (upon a death interaction)
-“I am free…” (upon a death interaction)

1. Secondly, a more complex skin they could make could be one of the spooky, floaty witches (matrons, the ones that tend to be in charge).
    -The one hero I can think of that might fit this skin is Sylvanas, seeing as how banshees slightly resemble the witch skin
    -Orphea already floats around, she could have a skin like this without many animation changes. Her death abilities fit the theme already.
    -Auriel already floats, her abilities could be altered to match the ritualistic abilities of the Coven witches (AoE heal could look like a Death and Decay circle from WoW, red smoke from runes, etc)
    -Whitemane is another potential candidate, Inquisition could look like some bloodletting ability from the victim, witches love to cackle (I imagine any new voice lines made for this skin would most fit Whitemane)
    -Some have thorny abilities (AoE on the ground/ hurled thorns at enemies) so any hero you can think of that could fit an animation like that could be valid

Voice Lines From WoW that could be used:
-“In death I still serve” (Respawning)
-“Our power is ancient!”
-“The coven will end you”
-“You cannot stop my curse” (death interaction where you are avenged)
-“Bow before the Heartsbane!”

1. Creepy abominations that the witches made (Drustvar Beast Men)! These are skulking zombies, sometimes with the head of a pig and others with the head of a raven (right?). They have weapons strapped to/into their arms. I think there is actually another model of this type that is just a grody potbellied pig man.
    -Who better to be said grody, potbellied pig man than Stitches!? Weapons strapped to his arms, the hook included
    -Zeratul: their weapons tend to be long blade-like weapons, he is somewhat hunched already, he could be one of the raven monsters
    -Butcher could also be one of the pig abominations, seeing as how they have raspy voices and love to chop people up to eat + the boss with this model has got a big old meat cleaver (truly perfect match)
    -Greymane’s human skin could be one of the possessed dudes and his worgen skin could be a crazed abomination (their ghoul-like attack animations resemble his, sideways swipe)
    -Xul, Stukov, Gul’dan, etc. also could possibly fit into this skin’s category

Potential Voice Lines (top two especially for Butcher and Stitches):
-“Stay for Dinner!”
-“Such delicious agony” (death interaction where avenged?)
-gross noises in general

1. Gorak Tul skin (leader of the Drust - horns, bones, skulls adorning him): This would probably fit Leoric best, as the Drust resemble vrykul, and he has a vrykul-esque skin due to his confident stance and bitter/somewhat mocking demeanor.

Voice Lines from the boss that could be used:
-“Death cannot hold me” (Respawning)
-“I await you in the Blighted Lands” (death interaction)
-“Death consumes all!”

1. Wicker constructs: self-explanatory descriptions (google images will provide it better than I can)
    -Kel’Thuzad, as they are generally tall and somewhat thin, bones being a part of their aesthetic - his root could look like thorns coming out of the ground, death and decay could probably stay the same, his kit just seems to fit imo
    -Xul’s scythe and sweeping attacks remind me of theirs, he has a root that could easily be altered to match the theme (more death-related abilities are perfect for these guys) + he would probably fit a Wicker Man model better than a Wicker Construct (https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/696194.jpg)
    -Imperius, as these guys tend to move with a slowish stride and stand tall (I can see their horn-like heads fitting into his helmet somehow, his spear could be made out of bone and wood)
    -Garrosh (weird fit, I’m aware) because of his throwing ability and attack speed - some of them are pretty big and it’s not hard to imagine them picking someone up like that, also they’re strong and slow seeming, like Garrosh

Voice Lines:
-“The Drust will reclaim this land!”
-“I am awakened!” (Respawning)
-“You will bow to Gorak Tul!”
-“We will never stop…” (death interaction)
-“You are too late” (death interaction)
-“No mercy!”
-“Vengeance will be ours!”

1. Inquisitors! These are the Kul’Tirans in the Order of Embers who fight against the witches and all the other beasts/wicker creatures that are threatening Drustvar (and in turn, all of Kul’Tiras). Their armor is pretty much what sets them apart.
    -Johanna: I specifically recall one of the inquisitors being very much like Johanna, with an affinity for order - ability animations would not have to be changed
    -Anduin is a righteous sort, a good fit for someone dispelling the darkness
    -Kharazim and Uther have potential
    -Tychus and Raynor are muscley like Kul’Tirans tend to be, so they could fit
    -Tyrande, again, could be the falconer of the group (her owl ability is perfect)

Voice Lines from the Inquisitors you quest with in WoW:
-“Yeah?”/“Hmm”/“Huh?”
-“We shall drive back the darkness”
-“Where’s the battle?”/“My blade is ready.”
-Falconer: “Don’t you know about the bird?”/“Everybody knows that the bird is the word” (poke quotes)
-“Glory to House Waycrest.”
-“Fair winds and following seas.”
-“The Coven will pay for their atrocities” (Respawning?)

In case anyone was wondering, to easily find any one of the looks I am referring to, you can google any of these preceeded by the word Drustvar: Hexthralled soldier/falconer (1), Coven matron/headmistress or Lady Waycrest (2), Beast Men for the ghoul models or Pigman boss for the potbellied pig beast (3), Gorak Tul (4), Wicker Construct/Wicker Man which are two different models (5), Inquisitor (6)

There are several different mounts that could be introduced in this event:

1. Hexthralled animals: any animal in Drustvar that could be a mount, but with the same recolor done on them as done with the Hexthralled hero skins
    -stags
    -bears
    -horses
  2. The black horse you can get as a reputation mount for the Order of Embers. Reasons?
    -there are no actually black horses in the game, and I really wish there was because they fit with black skins without being unnecessarily complicated
    -not to difficult to do, I’d imagine: a recolor of the other horses but with armor https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/august/SmkyCharger.jpg
  3. Wicker beasts, same aesthetic as the wicker construct skins
    -stag (like the Kul’Tiran travel form for druids) https://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CreepyDruid02.jpg
    -wicker beast https://i.redd.it/mbpwv5aokqi11.jpg

Finally, these skins could be covered in multiple spread-out events. I also believe that one event could have you helping the Inquisitors fighting all of these abominations, and the second version of the event having you help the witches take over all of Kul’Tiras, with interaction text between the witches and the Inquisitors. And maybe even Gorak Tul for funsies. This event could probably even be big enough for a map, as well.

There could be some sort of interaction between the heroes with the new skins and the player, as in the quests for Mechastorm II Event and the Toys II Event, although I think it would be more unique if instead of talking just to the heroes with the skins, you could be given quests by the Inquisitors/Witches in the game themselves with their various personalities (disconnected from the skins) because they were surprisingly dynamic characters. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Order_of_Embers

This thread took me a lot of time to write, so I hope you all enjoyed reading it! Trying to actually find all of those models was exceedingly difficult not knowing their names lol. I would really appreciate it if you could give your feedback; I always love hearing what everyone thinks! Comments, suggestions, and extreme disgust are all welcome (the latter is somewhat expected for those pig models blech) so post away!

2 Likes

I love the idea for this event because Drustvar itself was one of the good zones that came with BFA and I loved all the wicker things that came with the zone.
Diablo could fit as being a wicker construct because he is enormous.
Stitches could fit as the pig abomination boss from the dungeon mostly because of his gorge ability.

1 Like

Instead of doing the cursed event, the Drustvar them could be made for Halloween.

3 Likes

That’s a nifty idea. The event could take place as the Halloween event and they could add 3 of the skins the first year and 3 another year along with new recolors of existing skins.

I really wish they’d consider this, cause the thought of that Falconer Tyrande skin because she literally throws birds at people is making me happy :B

2 Likes

This could be like how they did the alterac pass event where you can choose either horde or alliance but instead you can choose to side with inquisitors or witches.

This could also work for rexxar since he throws birds at people as well he’d just be a big kul’tiran instead of a normal human model.

2 Likes

I wasn’t around for that event, but that sounds cooooool :exploding_head:

Dang, you’re right, though my bias towards Tyrande skins remains unwavering lol

also for a moment I thought you were implying that Rexxar has a normal human model rather than the falconers in WoW :B

1 Like

And Rexxar could have a hexed bear.
I dont know if it could happen,but what if what if Butcher had a ghosty skin where he was hungry for souls? You could use the boss from Waycrest manor, the Souls bosses in Black Temple/Forge of Souls?
Or what if he was Netreezar and he escaped from the Maw of the Damned artifact after it was used to leech Sargeras’ Blade, but he was still cursed to be hungry with no end?
Or what about if Azmodan got either the pig skin or a skin from Gorefiend from Hellfire Citadel?

1 Like

Oh man that would totally fit him. He’d get the “All staff to the kitchen” line because he summons in his little minion guys lmao

I really have to catch up in WoW to understand this lol :flushed:

Netreezar made an axe, but was put in it with a curse that made him infinitely hungry for blood, but the more blood he drank ,the more he was hungry.(After trying to kill Kil’jaedan with the axe, but was betrayed) Look up the Maw of the Damned.

I can see that working for Butcher, he literally collects blood from people’s corpses. It doesn’t necessarily fit the event in that it isn’t directly from Drustvar but it could probably be in like a Warcraft Villains skin pack for Halloween, cause it’s a cool idea.

1 Like