Dragonblade needs to be changed a bit

Make it 6 seconds only and buff the damage a bit (about 20%) and reduce cooldown by 10 seconds.
My point is that Dragonblade doesn’t really need to be 8 second duration. It’s overkill.

I think it’s fine the way it is. It’s countered by so many skills.

1 any cc besides a slow really.
1 any displacement (muradin punch)
Anub cacoon
Bw sheep
List goes on.

1 Like

Dragonblade is already strong, and the better Heroic. Decreasing the duration is a meaningless nerf when you buff its dmg and make it more available by decreasing its cd.

(Sidenote: +20% dmg is not “a bit”.)

3 Likes

Genji sucks f tier already but x strike is so much better if you have to go genji. Dodges pyroblast and other delayed cc and abilities

Press W.

X-strike is cheap dmg compared to DB, and just an extra get out of jail card that good Genjis don’t need… especially in good teams where there are non-self based protections as well.

1 Like

I guess Tooton is one of those 30-40% Genji player, so yeah then it makes sense that he says Genji sucks and X-Strike is so much better. In fact any good Genji player takes Dragonblade, because this heroic is insanely good, when used right.

It gives you more mobility, it’s also aoe and if you use it right you deal more damage than x-strike, which is kinda hard to get value, because it’s kinda slow, except you use it for your defense, but you usually have E or W for that. The only way when X-Strike might be valueable is with heavy cc like Gazlowe or ETC, when enemys are clustered and he hits level 20, because the cdr is nice and it’s also saver vs heavy cc teams, but otherwise no.

3 Likes

‘Decrease duration by 2 seconds but increase damage by 20%’ is a huge buff to Dragonblade.

It would make him a lot burstier and dangerous in teamfights. Damage done quickly is much more dangerous than sustained damage.

Is OP trying stealthily to get him buffed? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

X-Strike is a joke heroic

I wouldn’t say that, it has it’s purpose for example against heavy cc teams for example or in combination with heroes like Leoric or ETC, but I agree it’s less good than DB.

Nah, 90%+ of the times X strike is better, especially with Q build (since Q does way more damage than dragonblade’s Q and you can’t use both at the same time). X-strike also offers much higher burst damage potential in general (almost 4 swings’ worth of damage in 1.25 seconds, if you can hit the X on a cc), so theoretically X is really always better, if you could be sure to hit the base Q’s and the X itself. The less you can actually hit stuff, the more appealing DB would become.

I agree that dragonblade doesn’t need buffs though. The mere fact that there’s plenty of players who only play DB shows it’s viable enough.

Nah, 90%+ of the times X strike is better

Based on what :thinking: In every league it has lower win rate than Dragonblade.
Even in master+diamond, considering the last five patches. It is also picked less.

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Talents/?hero=Genji&timeframe_type=major&timeframe=2.55,2.54,2.53,2.52,2.51&type=win_rate&game_type=sl&league_tier=master,diamond&mirror=Exclude

2 Likes

Paper stats, theory (no matter how you look at it and theorycraft perfect situations - X always looks better) - it’s all in favor of X strike (well minus some very specific situations) being better. In practice, as I said, the more you miss, the more appealing DB would become (so you would expect the winrate difference to widen when you go lower in ranks). As for stats, they both have roughly same winrate, but as expected X strike has 3 times more popularity (master). I dont think there’s any sense looking at stats lower than master though, as genji is not a hero fit for those ranks (it would be either smurf with 90%+ winrate or some1 who can’t really play the hero).

So only Masters, as you claim it must be, but I filtered out ppl who didn’t reach lvl 15 with Genji, so unexperienced ones.

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Talents/?hero=Genji&timeframe_type=major&timeframe=2.55,2.54,2.53,2.52,2.51&type=win_rate&hero_level=25,40,60,80,100&game_type=sl&league_tier=master&mirror=Exclude

Dragonblade has higher pop and wr.

1 Like

Any timeframe you take, X is always picked more (between 60% and 80% pop). The winrate is within margin of error too.

But I just linked you it doesn’t.

And that’s why X-Strike isn’t better, because this makes it conditional in a fast game like Hots and considering that good player are well aware about their positioning the sustain damage and mobility from DB is just better.

You picked stats that are basically 2 years old - worthless. Before last genji patch (2.55.1), he was weak in general. Looking at any stats older than that is pointless (it really makes no sense to mix and match stats from different iterations of the same hero). If you look at very old stats you would simply see that Aussensider likes DB (as nobody else would play genji).

You said this:

:thinking:
But know the problem is the timeframe(s)?

Well by ‘any’ I meant any that would make any sense. You could pick the last minor patch only, the last major patch, 52+51 - these are the options that would constitute “any”.

:joy: sounds legit, sorry, my bad, always wished for the ability to read minds