Does Blizzard support even exist?

Can I contact Blizzard with an actual ticket? Or is the only way to get some help via these stupid forums? Every time I go to technical support it just redirects me to “Ask the community.” Like, no, I don’t want to ask the damn community, I want to ask Blizzard. For about a week now I haven’t been able to log in to HotS. I played last Thursday with no problem, tried again a day or two later and it won’t get past the “Authentication” page. I’ve tried every fix they offer on the website to no avail. I’ve received no help from Blizzard or their “technical support,” if you can even call it that. I don’t understand how this happens, I changed nothing on my PC between play sessions (I don’t even think I used it between sessions) yet for some reason now I cannot connect - yet I can use the Battle net app just fine, as well as connect to other Blizzard games without issue, such as Diablo 3 and Starcraft. No idea why that’s even a thing. Well here’s to hoping the community has a new fix that Blizzard doesn’t.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/heroes/671/1033/channels

maybe try this one?
Heroes of the Storm => Technical => Technical => select contact channel

@ RealBadNoob
You look like you’re on a University connection at the moment which may block the game from connecting. Are you able to test with a different network? Maybe a mobile tether if you or someone you know has a phone and data plan that supports tethering?

I just want to add noting that this uses very little data. It would take hundreds, if not over a thousand games to use a Gigabyte of data.

thousands is probably right on point. though i dont know what data plans now look like. i have had unlimited for what seems forever.

anyway…
i looked into it and HotS appears to use somewhere around 10-20MB per game depending on the length of the game.

just for 1GB of a data plan it would take around 100 games.

1 Like

huh, interesting, but i guess it makes sense. As replays tend to be 750-1500kb, and you would have to sync that all with 9 other people.

I just assumed it was the replay size multiplied by no more than 2-3x… But it being 10x the replay size makes much more sense.