Disconnected while authenticating

I am aslo experiencing this problem. I am using a custom-made, assembled by me pc. I haven’t had any problems prior to latest patch. I downloaded and installed patch about a week ago, but haven’t had a chance to play until today. My connection to D3 is fine. I am using LAN connection, and do not have wifi on my motherboard. I have disabled my firewall, reset router, and haven’t installed the latest Windows Updates. Is there a way to uninstall latest HoTS patch to verify if the concern is caused by the patch?

Edit: I have already tried a VPN, which while connected did not resolve the problem. To confirm, the problem is as follows:

Launch Battle.net app>Click on HoTS>click Play button>‘HEROES’ loading screen appears>Authentication screen appears>Error message stating disconnection from Blizzard Services appears.

I have tried about a half a dozen times to launch, all with the same disconnection problem.

Hey Kagemusha,

I went ahead and moved your post to your own thread since the other person was able to work around their issue with a VPN.

There isn’t a way to remove the latest patch unfortunately, however that is very likely not the root cause of the issue since we’d be seeing tons of reports from other players if the patch was bad.

Since you have a newly built PC I assume this is a relatively fresh install of WIndows that is being used. However, if you are using Windows 10 you may want to try resetting the network settings to defaults by going to Start → Settings → Network & Internet → Network reset

Switching gears to the router / home network, have you been able to connect to Heroes of the Storm through the same router on a different PC previously?

I’d also recommend running a short WinMTR while trying to log in, and then post that so we can see if the connection looks stable.

1. Download WinMTR - Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR)
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the IP address 24.105.62.129 in the “Host” field.
  6. Click on “Start” and then launch the game so it will attempt to connect. Allow the test to run for about 5 minutes and then hit “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Export TEXT” to save the results as a text document, post the results here. When posting highlight the WinMTR data and hit the </> button so it will allow links.