Did they finally fix reporting system/politics?

This whole year I have not been silenced, suspended, or banned once across two of my accounts; despite playing with the same frequency and still using standard gaming rhetoric like “git gud”… did they finally fix the system? Last year it was suspension left and right until my lvl 1,500 main account was finally banned…and my biggest offense was telling people to “git gud” (actual example a GM gave in my ticket). I also noticed I haven’t been getting any survey questions regarding the reporting system anymore.

If they made this change, I would like to formerly request my account Sio#11248 be unbanned; as it was an unjust action against my account.

No it hasn’t changed, maybe you haven’t gotten enough reports for action to be taken against your accounts yet. Rest assured if you keep up with your behavior, those accounts will follow your other one and get banned.

1 Like

I think its more likely the people who had a higher tendency to abuse the reporting system for the most ludicrous reasons were banned out themselves or their short attention spans carried them off to other games.

The people left over in this game have more of a backbone to harsh phrases like “that was a terrible decision” and “you’re bad”

Or they just do what I do and just squelch annoying users.

1 Like

…and I commend you for that…because the feature is there and it makes sense to use it.

That’s what people used to do back on Battlenet 1.0 when they didnt want to deal with people.

Now overly sensitive, self-entitled kids all have to report and grief each other for everything and anything they don’t like; which yields automated account actions…then the GM’s mostly laugh at appeals and maintain the stance “if you got an account action, you probably deserved it” and immediately close your ticket with a cookie cutter response.

Battle net 1.0 times had much better social dynamics because it cultivated freedom of speech with the option to squelch or enable DND mode… Everyone wins in that situation; and its less support Blizzard needs to provide. It’s why Diablo 2 won’t die and will outlive Diablo 3 (among many other game design reasons.)

Something was wrong with the reporting system?

I think it’s just low population. Nobody seems to care enough to play well, no one seems to care enough to report.

4 Likes

Sounds not too far off the mark. I usually play with friends, but most of them don’t play SL. I’ve noticed fewer people talk in SL game or draft at anytime since I started playing just after Alpha.

My last SL game we had a Raynor spamming his voice line and walking into towers. One typed in chat to report him, one person replied “don’t bother, no use reporting”. I must admit I didn’t report the Raynor either, I’ve seen the same player around for years doing the same trolling and he doesn’t seem to have been punished for it.

I have seen less and less silenced players too. But the silenced players i get on my team totaly deserved the silenced the way they play.

1 Like

You’re probably right.

Too many months without an e-mail thanking me for my work maintaining clean The Nexus, yes…

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say there.

LOL.
If you managed to get perma-banned, unless it was one of the things like Grubby, or you’re a streamer getting targeted, it is almost assuredly justified. Or to be more clear, there were almost certainly cases you went to far in what you said.

I probably would look at it and be puzzled over how the things (That should have probably got you some level of temp ban) got you perma-banned, BUT, there is a ToS you agreed to…

I’m still waiting for my ban/silence, despite the fact I use language such as that, and often worse. Could be that people at high MMR levels don’t care/take offense as much? idk.

If you’re unable to constructively speak to someone, don’t?
Or if you do, be willing to accept they may be consequences.

-turn off allied chat, if in a party communicate via team chat/voice?
-turn off whispers from non-friends?
You basically have DND? Although, blocking whispers from friends would be nice at times also!

I just give em a 1/5 whenever I get them. Because you’re either asking:

1. how effective a system that isn’t explained and I don’t get feedback on is.
  2. How effective do I feel my reports are… Which I don’t get feedback on.

Reporting system could use some work, although without clarity it is hard to say exactly what. Does it “ignore” reports from players that mass report? IF so, good!
IF not… it probably needs a fix. IF someone reports 80 players in 15 games (iirc someone had a thread about “90th report in the last 20 games” or something at some point) their reports are probably BS.

But, without any clarity into the system, it is impossible to make meaningful constructive suggestions for improvement.

1 Like

I tried to be very constructive in the past about the reporting system. Blue’s never once chimed in on threads pertaining to automated account actions and what most would perceive as unjustified actions. Successful appeals are unheard of on HotS. This game is not dying because its a bad game, its not dying because they cancelled e-sports, its dying because they grief their own player base by allowing such a bad reporting system to exist. I witnessed over 10 of my friends quit from account actions.

FYI here was my thread on the old forums:

This. Just less players overall to report and grief you = you barely see silenced people around either. Can’t even remember the last time I saw one in a match or a chat lobby, must be months.

Last year I could log in and just the alphabetic chat list on the right would show 2-3 silenced people starting with the name “A” the moment I logged in, and a few more in the party finder, and maybe 1-2 on my friends list.

But in compensation, two of my post about potatoes where removed because “comunity thinks it’s an advertishment of some kind”… :thinking:

Repeated suspensions taught me one thing,never ever say anything negative to your team mates.Blizzard does not ban game throwers,they ban people who yell at those throwers because their feelings are hurt haha

Seriously,don’t give advices or mock anyone the consequences are fatal.

2 Likes

Nothing what needs to be fixed is actually fixed in this dead game.

2 Likes

People would report just because they didnt like a hero you picked or a strategic decision you made in game. If they think you are the reason for the loss, git reported.

1 Like