Did Hogger need a new hero?

Let me say it completely first : we have
42 World of Warcraft heroes
18 Diablo
17 Starcraft
9 Overwatch
3 Nexus, | totally 89 heroes
There are so many Warcraft heroes that we have made them heroes for Warcraft again.
of course, no hero is bad, everyone is great, but I think we need to make the game more hellish or stellar.
for example, I wish you made Lilith or Belial or Rakanoth from Diablo
Purifiers, Selendis, Amon from Starcraft

11 Likes

sad SC fans noises intensify while reading this topic

10 Likes

Hogger isn’t just a warcraft hero, but a meme hero demanded by the community long ago. So the obvious answer to your title is yes.

Btw Hogger the tasmaniac devil is awesome.

22 Likes

I seriously doubt we will get Lilith until D4 launches. We MIGHT get her at launch as part of an event, but certainly not so far ahead of D4 that they haven’t even set a release date yet.

But hey, Immortal is now open for Pre-Registration… You have a phone, right??? :wink:

11 Likes

I want Diablo Heroes and understand SC needs a new one, but…
Why list all the franchise-diversity showing that Classic (like the Vikings) and OW is the least represented than asking for Diablo and SC Heroes.

Plus Warcraft is not just one game.
I mean, sure, SC has two games, but it’s actually all an RTS.
While WoW is an MMO, Warcraft is an RTS and HS is a CCG.
So Warcraft has RTS units, major NPC, and important Cards.

I think Warcraft being close the biggest is fair.

3 Likes

Sorry i couldn’t get past the question in the title.
Needs a rework.

2 Likes

*Did we really need a new WC Hero?

Something like this was the intent, @Op prob not native speaker (just like many of us).

2 Likes

Hogger’s kit doesn’t resemble his WoW version at all.

They didn’t decide to make another wow hero, they decided they wanted to make a hero with this kit and a WoW character happened to fit it better than other characters.

2 Likes

That could be just a skin for Alarak

1 Like

Wait. There’s Qhira and Orpha, who’s the 3rd?

I’m guessing TLV… ?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, HotS needs anything they can get. Including, unfortunately, oversaturating a series if it means another release.

Number of eligible heros per game for hots would look something like this.

Starcraft - 30
Diablo - 30
Overwatch - 40
Warcraft - 300

Lets face it, the franchise has the most characters, lore etc and is blizzards biggest earner.

While most would love to see more diversity among the ranks why does anyone really act suprised that more of the characters are going to be warcraft.

3 Likes

Sure we can give Hogger a new hero, he needs a friend.

Lets give him Ashe since they are both crazy.

3 Likes

Pfft look at those numbers

I still don’t understand why this game is not called “Heroes of Warcraft and Friends”

6 Likes

Wow was Blizzard’s biggest breadwinner, to the point that it basically engulfed who they were as a company.

Other franchises started to take more and more cues from WOW rather than keeping to their own style (D3 for example feels more akin to the high fantasy feel of WOW than the darker fantasy feel of 1 and 2. Likewise, Starcraft 2 ditched its more aliens feel for going in a much more Fantastical Sci-fi direction, cumulating in Super saiyan Goddess kerrigan saving the universe by defeating what might as well be Space satan.)

I agree, the spread doesn’t seem that unfair to me.

However, I still want:

1. At least one themed TLV level
  2. Blackthorne.

Lost Vikings, Blackthorne and Warcraft built Blizzard in its infancy. Blackthorne and TLV deserve a little more recognition.

2 Likes

Rohana as a new Starcraft healer would be cool. I liked her character a lot in the story. That’s just me though.

I’ll accept any heroes as long as we dont do more nexus heroes. It’s not that I dont like them. It’s just that it seems overall more people enjoy original characters from blizzards universe being added to the game regardless of how stacked one universe may be over the rest.

1 Like

They should have added Hearthstone as a franchise into HotS and built heroes from those legendary cards that are no longer tied to a Warcraft hero (Hearthstone creates their own characters nowadays).

I mean, it is quite obvious: They have an idea in mind like adding a Taz devil hero, and then look who might fight best to it and then just add this kit to a known character and people are confused because those ideas don’t fit this character properly. Could have been solved by adding those new heroes instead from which you only had an image and a card text.

Who dares to say that? Imo, but his kit fits really well.